• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

FUCK YES FUCK

GregStobartExclusive said:
Liverpool are set to complete the signing of Swansea City midfielder Joe Allen after the two clubs agreed a £13.5 million fee, Goal.comhas learned.

Earlier this month Goal.com revealed Brendan Rodgers was ready to make signing the 22-year-old a priority after securing the services of Fabio Borini, who is expected to make his debut against his old club Roma in a showpiece friendly at Boston's Fenway Park on Wednesday.

Fuck the fuck off.

This chap is a shit stirrer and is clearly trying to get more offers for Lucas.
Remember he gets 10% more of the cut after July, won't be surprised if it all resurfaces in a week.

Would be two awesome signings. Can't fathom how some here don't rate Dembele.
Would much rather we got him thant RVP. Would be cheaper and can play CM too, last year of contract aswell.

Hmmmm.. goal.com... do I get excited yet?
Greg Stobart is the man.

Arnie

True, not going to get ahead of myself, but would be a fantastic deal if true. He's worth more than £10 million, but less than £15, so that's a good middle ground for both parties. Fully expect either, or both, Sterling and Shelvey to go on loan to Swansea too, which would also be excellent for us.
Would much rather we got him thant RVP. Would be cheaper and can play CM too, last year of contract aswell.
Didn't know he was in his last year, can't believe more teams aren't in for him.

Allen's Swansea's best player, and he's perfect for the Rodgers system. £13.5 million is a compromise by both clubs, and a fantastic signing for us, if true.

United should've looked at Allen. Saying it now, you'll believe me the more you see him play.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Neither want a B grade Europa team.

B grade? We finished two places higher than the European Champions. This ain't Liverpool we're talking about.

Anyway, Allen will be a great signing for 'Pool.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Paris St-Germain express interest in Tottenham's Luka Modric

link

:lol This fucking team.

verratti14.jpg

6177_AmberBench.jpg

Clegg

This is the last I'll be talking about Moura until it's confirmed that he's either signed for us or is staying at Sao Paolo. Can't take the muppetry anymore. From the Sky Sports website
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7931141/Offers-invited-for-Moura
Sao Paulo have not ruled out the possibility of opening negotiations with Manchester United regarding Lucas Moura if the Premier League club meet a £30million asking price.

It has been reported the Brazil international, who is in Britain for the Olympics, will not be moving to Old Trafford because United cannot improve on an existing £25.6m bid.

Moura's agent has insisted he will not be talking with any United representatives while in England, but Sao Paulo have refused to close the door on any possible sale.

The South American giants are thought to want at least £30m for a player who has a £62m buy-out clause in his contract and they are continuing to invite offers, with Inter Milan also interested.

Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes told Estadao ESPN: "I don't rule out the possibility that in the future we open negotiations with Manchester United as we received them with great courtesy.
Very important player

"And there is the possibility they come back with another offer. Their approach was serious.

"Other teams have also expressed interest for Lucas, but only through the press from their countries."

It also remains to be seen whether teenager Moura wants to leave South America for a move to Europe.

"Lucas has already expressed his intention of eventually staying at Sao Paulo," added Lopes.

"He is a very important player for our team. He wants to stay because he is still very young. He's only 19."

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck Moura. I don't want him. If we buy him for 30m, either we're selling him to Madrid in 5 years for 40m which goes into debts, or he flops and we sell him for 10m back to Brazil.

Can't for the life of me see why we're not making a fucking 20m bid for Witsel or Fellaini just to start proceedings off. If either go up to 25m, so fucking be it. Better than cumming 30m up the wall on an unproven teenager.

TDidn't know he was in his last year, can't believe more teams aren't in for him.

Allen's Swansea's best player, and he's perfect for the Rodgers system. £13.5 million is a compromise by both clubs, and a fantastic signing for us, if true.

United should've looked at Allen. Saying it now, you'll believe me the more you see him play.
I think it's his last year anyway, not 100% sure will check it.

Allen is good. He is probably worth £8-£10m but £13.5 is okay. You have to pay over the odds in most cases these days and he is still young.

Would do well for Liverpool and help them keep possession well alongside Lucas.

Not sure about him for United. Might be proved wrong but I think we're okay keeping the ball really. Not sure if Allen can dominate games and be creative and incisive enough in the final third, which is what we're missing IMO (and a solid tackler/battler which Allen isn't really)...but I guess we will find out anyway.

kharma45

I was worse last year when United were in talks with Sneijder.

Trying to stop myself before I get as bad.

Clegg I'll come down south and give you a good shake if you don't calm yourself down :p

Fuck Moura. I don't want him. If we buy him for 30m, either we're selling him to Madrid in 5 years for 40m which goes into debts, or he flops and we sell him for 10m back to Brazil.

Can't for the life of me see why we're not making a fucking 20m bid for Witsel or Fellaini just to start proceedings off. If either go up to 25m, so fucking be it. Better than cumming 30m up the wall on an unproven teenager.

ynS2I.jpg

Fellaini would cost too much IMO.

Fuck yeah @ Kuba signing a new contract.
Most of our key players are now contracted till 2016.
Only Lewandowski & Subotic are due to expire 2014.
But now that Kuba has signed a new one, Lewandowski might also decide to stay.

ATF487

Paris St-Germain express interest in Tottenham's Luka Modric

link

:lol This fucking team.

I liked how Ligue 1 was sort of untouched from the financial doping...

PSG will be fun to watch but I don't see how they don't dominate the entire league

Also Allen at 13.5 is a bit high...

So what?

If Madrid do come in for him in 5 years it will mean he is a bloody good player and we will have had some great years from him...and then make a profit. That isn't a reason not to sign him.

Alot of people say that about players we're interested in these days and I don't understand it. We shouldn't worry about other clubs coming in for our players. If they do they do but it generally hasn't been a concern for us and if we ever sell it will be a deal which is good for us.

Arnie

Fucking :lol, No, no, no, no, no.

Rawk said:
He reminds me of Iniesta, only he has the potential to be twice the player iniesta is.

Guess who that's about, not even I'm jacked up enough to make a comment half as ridiculous.

Green Street is such a bad film.

Yen

Oh god, don't remind me. Him and Nasri were painful.

Sorry DC88, but the whole "creating portmanteaus out of days and players" is the worst thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Kill Bill*. "Kunday"? More like Kun- ah never mind.

*Kill Bill was pretty crap, but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

Arnie, I thought that was a very obvious troll.

K1LLER7

Funny how Sao Paulo have gone from, Moura will not be sold to Man Utd, to now saying its still possible.

Anyway, hoping Kagawa gets a start tommorow.

kharma45

BTW, Dembele is now in final year of his contract and not yet committed to signing a new one.

I just get that feeling that he'll go abroad :\ would be a great signing though, plenty of room for negotiation at this stage of his contract if someone were to make a move.

Funny how Sao Paulo have gone from, Moura will not be sold to Man Utd, to now saying its still possible.

As I said on the last page, they'll come back to United if the rumoured board pressure to sell is true. The board know United have put up a more than fair offer for him, just up to them to accept.

I'd do exactly as United have done, walk away and wait for them to get back to us.

Wilbur

Banned
So what?

If Madrid do come in for him in 5 years it will mean he is a bloody good player and we will have had some great years from him...and then make a profit. That isn't a reason not to sign him.

Alot of people say that about players we're interested in these days and I don't understand it. We shouldn't worry about other clubs coming in for our players. If they do they do but it generally hasn't been a concern for us and if we ever sell it will be a deal which is good for us.

I just don't see the point. He's done nothing deserving of a 30m price tag. I don't want him.

Omikron

Random post as I totally should contribute more often, but West Ham's signings have been fairly solid so far this off season, but still need at least one quality central defender as Winston Reid + James Tomkins are going to get found out.

Also apparently West Ham offered a contract to Fernando Cavenaghi. :lol

Woah I forgot we play tmrw! Awesome! When is the game?

I just get that feeling that he'll go abroad :\ would be a great signing though, plenty of room for negotiation at this stage of his contract if someone were to make a move.
I'd really like us to sign him. He can play in several positions and would be a perfect "utility" man and he could go on to be a very good player too. Maybe we are waiting on him because in January we can approach him to sign on a free. I just hope he doesn't go elsewhere for a very cheap price because we will have missed out.

I just don't see the point. He's done nothing deserving of a 30m price tag. I don't want him.
I agree he's not worth £30m.

Just don't think "he'll leave for Real" is a good reason for being against it, there are many others.

kharma45

Yeah the rumoured price is crazy for him, there's no other words for it. Neymar could arguably command a big fee out of the two of them. The fact that we'll pay him 30k a week too when we wouldn't give Pogba a rise as Arnie said is puzzling.

Yes it was fueled by Pogba's agent but it would've worth a punt, even if we'd someone managed to meet in the middle.

Woah I forgot we play tmrw! Awesome! When is the game?
1PM our time.

LegoArmo

I want Lucas, I want him more than any other player we've been linked with. I honestly believe he has the potential to be the next "best in the world" kind of player. If he ends up somewhere else, I'll be gutted.

I'm a huge muppet, but I don't think Sir Alex will want to miss out on that kind of talent.

Arnie

I want Lucas, I want him more than any other player we've been linked with. I honestly believe he has the potential to be the next "best in the world" kind of player. If he ends up somewhere else, I'll be gutted.

I'm a huge muppet, but I don't think Sir Alex will want to miss out on that kind of talent.
SAF obviously agrees because the only way you'd buy a 19 year old for £30 million is if you expected to sell them for double that further down the line.

including Jeff or not? because I'd be down... but I'd need an hour or two before I can set up all the paypal (and my fantasy team :lol) stuff to get home from work.

Including :)

Just gotta sort out whether Kyle's in or not, and decide whether to have more than 20 people in the league.

In fact, if you're in the league already, are you for or against having more than 20 participants?

edit - Cheers Arnie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom