• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Would you Juve fans rather have Jojo or RvP?

Also Kagawa was beast today, almost as much as Bebe. Can't wait to see them score 50 goals between them

GQman2121

Banned
Now this works!

jUBSpcfAMrfnC.png

Hearing De Bruyne and Lukaku are almost certainly going out on loan, so I don't think we're done buying yet. I would love for us to move Sturridge too if I'm honest.

DaNcaKe

Robbie Savage has posted on Twitter that he has offered his services to Rangers for free if they need him.

Is there anything this guy won't do for press?

Fergie

Banned
Chelsea really re-building eh, can't wait to see them play in the EPL, that reminds me can't wait for the League to start again, might be another epic year.

scently

Would you Juve fans rather have Jojo or RvP?

Also Kagawa was beast today, almost as much as Bebe. Can't wait to see them score 50 goals between them

Kagawa was a given, but I have been seriously impressed by Lingard. He moves into spaces makes decision very fast and is comfortable with the tick tack of an intricate final move in th final third. In Tunnicliffe, it seems that we have found a new fletcher.

GQman2121

Banned
What's a fair price for Sturridge? If Allen is worth near £15 to Swans, then Danny has to be in the £12-13 range not including the Englishman up charge tax.

Excited to see Oscar at the Olympics. Didn't expect him to sign so soon.

Once the doctor talk started up last week it was only a matter of time. God only knows what the actual fee is going to end up being.....

Garjon

Ooooh I like this Pienaar link. Would be chuffed if we could get him.

I can't see this happening, Pienaar seemed to be very happy at Everton, though that may be due to actually getting first team football. Then again, every player has his price.

Kyoufu

What's a fair price for Sturridge? If Allen is worth near £15 to Swans, then Danny has to be in the £12-13 range not including the Englishman up charge tax.

Once the doctor talk started up last week it was only a matter of time. God only knows what the actual fee is going to end up being.....

At least 15 million. Dat English tax.

Moobabe

Hearing De Bruyne and Lukaku are almost certainly going out on loan, so I don't think we're done buying yet. I would love for us to move Sturridge too if I'm honest.

I thought De Bruyne looked decent against PSG the other day - even so, Wolfsburg (is it?) is a decent loan move for him. Lukaku I hope stays in the PL and gets a lot of games; the lad is an exceptional talent.

I can only imagine that means we're looking to sign a striker - with Lukaku going that leaves Torres as the only out and out number 9 (unless Sturridge is the option through the middle) with Piazon as another, though he might be considered too young by some.

Oscar looks like a wonderful footballer though!

Arnie

Chelsea don't have near as much leverage as Swansea to jack up the price. With his contract nearly up there's no way you'd get £15 million, plus he's not a regular starter. £12s fair, probably. Allen's not really worth £15 million either, hope we either negotiate down the price, one way or another, or move onto another target. Saying that, it seems Rodgers has clearly identified him as a key part of our team going forwards.

Feorax

£12 to 13 million seems fair. Sturridge really looks like he has a lot more to give.

If our signings this summer were Borini, Allen, Dempsey and Sturridge, I would be extremely happy with that.

Chelsea need another striker though, regardless of what Sturridge does. Nando will definitely need cover.

Bittencourt looks pretty good.

Thanks to Cottbus he's half German and was raised here, otherwise we would be talking about some 20m Brazilian lol

Günter looks alright, too. Too bad his player agent is the same one that made Sahin leave. I just hope we'll get him to sign some long contract before he gets big enough for his agent to fuck things up again.

And Lewandowski is just awesome. That Swiss defender slightly injured himself by trying to take the ball off Lewandowski :D

GQman2121

Banned
I see Chelsea have managed to sign their Brazilian with a minimum of fuss.

*sigh*

The sticking point with your samba is that I don't think he wants to move - yet. The money is certainly right, and Jevuncio is clearly running his mouth to draw larger bids. I don't think the kid wants leave though. Maybe him and Neymar, together, next summer make the move.

GorillaJu

I have a little bit of a guilty feeling about poaching Joe Allen, but if other clubs are indeed interested, then I hope all the stops are pulled out. Don't want Arsenal or Spurs signing him ahead of us.

Wilbur

Banned
Kagawa was a given, but I have been seriously impressed by Lingard. He moves into spaces makes decision very fast and is comfortable with the tick tack of an intricate final move in th final third. In Tunnicliffe, it seems that we have found a new fletcher.

Yeah Lingard's a very intelligent player by the looks of it. Didn't notice Tunnicliffe too much but wasn't keeping both eyes on the match. We badly need a new Fletch though.

Meier

Chelsea are putting together a pretty frightening attack force. I can't even imagine what it'll be like if they still manage to add Hulk and/or Cavani.

City need to do everything in their power to add De Rossi, Javi Martinez and Yann M'Vila. We really are fine from an attacking standpoint, but we need to tighten up the defense.

Mastadon

Banned
Chelsea are putting together a pretty frightening attack force. I can't even imagine what it'll be like if they still manage to add Hulk and/or Cavani.

City need to do everything in their power to add De Rossi, Javi Martinez and Yann M'Vila. We really are fine from an attacking standpoint, but we need to tighten up the defense.

All three?! Think that's slightly OTT, even for city.

Meier

All three?! Think that's slightly OTT, even for city.

De Jong likely on his way out and Mancini prefers Martinez as a CB according to the media (the next Vinnie perhaps). I'd start De Rossi in place of Barry and then bring on M'Vila/Barry as a sub for one of our attacking mids to allow Yaya to get forward.

Clegg

I can understand why the Glazers want to get the IPO underway asap. We need on field success to generate revenue because otherwise we're restricted by our indebtedness.

There is now the very realistic chance that Chelsea and City could pull away from the rest of the pack and leave us in third place, Thats not a place that we can afford to be imo.

PaulLFC

Loads of positive impressions about the PES 2013 demo in the demo thread here and elsewhere... seems for the first time in ages, it's actually good. Can't wait to get home in a bit and try the demo for myself.

Salvadora

I like to think of it as two Carroll's.

Seriously, considering the money that we've pissed away over the years, I think we've done really, really well considering the return and the current market.

Hazard & Marin look top quality from what I've seen. Not sure about Oscar having hardly seen him but he seems to be highly rated by many. Chelsea seem to be getting business done this summer, No dicking around. I expect the CL win will have helped many players make their decision. I just wonder how they'll go for next.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I like to think of it as two Carroll's.

Seriously, considering the money that we've pissed away over the years, I think we've done really, really well considering the return and the current market.

Definitely. You've bought a couple of world class players and plenty of squad players with that cash. It must be great to be able to just hoard players.

kharma45

I can understand why the Glazers want to get the IPO underway asap. We need on field success to generate revenue because otherwise we're restricted by our indebtedness.

There is now the very realistic chance that Chelsea and City could pull away from the rest of the pack and leave us in third place, Thats not a place that we can afford to be imo.

We're not going to be left behind, Chelsea with their signings are catching up.

GQman2121

Banned
Loads of positive impressions about the PES 2013 demo in the demo thread here and elsewhere... seems for the first time in ages, it's actually good. Can't wait to get home in a bit and try the demo for myself.

I've been avoiding the thread because I'm not going to be able to try the demo for a few more days. Just no free time after I leave the office this week. Happy to hear the impressions are positive though.

Konami in London just listed a ton of open positions too. So the UK team for PES is growing.

Kyoufu

How is it even fair that clubs like Chelsea can spend 100 million in a transfer window?

HOW IS THIS FAAAAAAAAAIRRRRRRRRR

Meier

Thorgan Hazard could be quite the catch if what his brother said was true.

That statement was just lip service and something every older brother says. At Thorgan's age, Eden was already a budding superstar. Not to say he won't become very good, but I wouldn't take Eden's statement of Thorgan being better than him at face value.

Thorgan was a 4* wonderkid in FM 2011, FWIW.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How is it even fair that clubs like Chelsea can spend 100 million in a transfer window?

HOW IS THIS FAAAAAAAAAIRRRRRRRRR

They have a dodgy oligarch in charge. Still didn't stop them finishing 6th under a manager not good enough for West Brom.

They've signed good players but we will see how quickly the adapt to the PL. I can think of plenty of wunderkinds from Ligue 1 and the Brazilian league who have flopped.

Labadal

I'll say this again: Dudelange from Luxemburg beat Salzburg in the CL qualifiers. (Sorry if old.)

Happy to see Helsingborg go through, but they'll lose theinext round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom