• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibd99CqhleNe5m.gif

ibxJNUj89lFNQZ.gif
ibxJNUj89lFNQZ.gif
ibxJNUj89lFNQZ.gif

Kisses his Copenhagen tattoo for the last time. Come back some day N'Doye.
ibxJNUj89lFNQZ.gif

Soi-Fong

I'd like RVP at City. But if he moves and not to us, anywhere BUT United for the love of pete.

What would you do if he ended up at United? Just saying since Juventus has offered the least amount of money to Arsenal and United has offered more and it says lots about City when RVP has already excluded them.

I'd love to have him at United. A front two of RVP and Rooney will silence all the United haters saying that United is going downhill compared to City.

Clegg

Forgive my ignorance, but why the fuck are you guys buying expensive players if you're this deep in the red? I'm sure United can finish in the top 4 (CL money) or win the title a few times with their current squad, for the next 5 years at least.

United still make profits every year, provided they do well in the league and make it to the knockout stages of the CL. Last year there was a profit of £8m even though £40m had already been lost to pay back debt interest. If there was no debt United would have made £48m profit.

United need to buy players to keep up this high level performance. The results for last season won't be very good though. We were knocked out of the CL in the group stages so we missed out on additional matchday and television revenue. This is a bad thing for the club as poor financial results could easily lessen interest in the club from potential investors.

dc89

What would you do if he ended up at United? Just saying since Juventus has offered the least amount of money to Arsenal and United has offered more and it says lots about City when RVP has already excluded them.

I'd love to have him at United. A front two of RVP and Rooney will silence all the United haters saying that United is going downhill compared to City.

I'd say 'Bring it United, come get this title if you want it'.

Yurt has made me aware of Dzeko on Twitter! Looks like he's off to Milan.

Salvadora

The Glazers want to hold on to United as its a cash cow for them. They don't want to sell their own shares as it reduces their control of the club. Unfortunately for them it looks like investors aren't interested in shares that pay out nothing. And why should they be interested? They would be absolutely right in telling the Glazers to fuck off.

And even if the Glazers were to sell off their own shares, we'd still have problems because they value the club too highly.

Its quite sad to see a club of United stature be in this state. I don't know how the Glazers would think for a second that investors would be interested at all considering the lack of any kind of value in those shares.

Soi-Fong

I'd say 'Bring it United, come get this title if you want it'.

Yurt has made me aware of Dzeko on Twitter! Looks like he's off to Milan.

That's more like it. And with Chelsea also spending like there's no tomorrow, this PL season will surely be something to behold.

Messi

Should I sell Drogba after a shitty 6 months In Fifa 12 where he produced 2 goals and one of those goals was a gifted penalty ( lukaku has 3) he lacks the pace I need in an attacker. But Drogba is Chelsea to me :(.

Top scorer ? Lampard lol
2nd? Torres

Jensen

Saw this on twitter. Olympic Opening Ceremony looks pretty awesome. I'll link it in case you don't want to be spoiled.

http://www.abload.de/img/2012wpka8.png
That looks great, after the 2008 opening I was worried ours might be underwhelming but after reading a few leaks I can't wait to see it on Friday.

Its difficult to explain but seeing RVP in a United shirt would be infinity more painful than if he was in a City one.
I can understand why you think that. If he goes to City you can blame it on financial issues, if he goes to United it confirms that Arsenal are no longer our rivals.

Or he could just go to Juve.

Soi-Fong

Fucking hell. Makes me a little sick in the stomach, it honestly does.

Yup.. Really can't imagine United's profits without these debt interests bagging the club down. And yet it makes you appreciate how amazing Fergie is always being able to get United to challenge for the title.

smh

smfuckingh

Well, if it wasn't for the IPO back in the day (around 1990?), Utd. wouldn't be what it is today, so you reap what you sow (or something along those lines).
Of course it's sad that the FA didn't implement rules against complete takeovers like we did in Germany.

NK incident: great :D

GQman2121

Banned
Fucking hell. Makes me a little sick in the stomach, it honestly does.

What makes me sick is you just know they're eating lobster for dinner tonight, with champagne and sleeping oh-so well on £4k sheets. Yet the reality is they're doing it all on credit. I know there's a large operating window - high and low - with the kind of businesses they're involved in, but using the club to prop up their portfolio is clearly going to rub the supporters the wrong way.

Wilbur

Banned
It gives me a boner.

Bet it looks naughty in your little Warrior thong

What makes me sick is you just know they're eating lobster for dinner tonight, with champagne and sleeping oh-so well on £4k sheets. Yet the reality is they're doing it all on credit. I know there's a large operating window - high and low - with the kind of businesses they're involved in, but using the club to prop up their portfolio is clearly going to rub the supporters the wrong way.

Yep. Can't see us being a force when Fergie's gone for a while to be honest. Christ, we're going to be Liverpool

Also
Stewart
Pictures

WHERE

It's an odd situation. If we wiped the slate with all our debts, we'd make such a fucking profit every year we could afford anyone. It's the interest on our debt that is fucking us over, so to me it seems we make enough that we can afford to invest in the club but it'll fuck us over in the long run.

I don't really know much about it, Viva will come and explain it brilliantly.

I don't get what the Glazers are doing really. I've not delved into the numbers much but...

Sell 49% of voting shares for £700m or so. Pay the debt, pocket the rest (probably about 50-60% of what they invested anyway) and they are sitting on a £700m value shares making them £500m+ profit for doing next to nothing.

Or have they put much more than that in?

@andersred

Remember the Glazers almost certainly borrowed $400m to repay PIKs, add in bond debt of $600m+ and they need $1bn to break even on a sale.
Hmm, I thought all they now owed was the bonds that were issued.

That explains it a bit more if that is true. I also thought the bond debt wsa closer to £500m.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Santi Cazorla just updated his twitter bio to read—“I'm 27, play for Málaga and Spain, and I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE WITH THESE TWO GREAT SIDES”

Really Cazorla?

Timurid

@Santicazorla12
Tengo 27 años ,soy jugador de Malaga C.F . y de la seleccion española nacional!y ESTOY MUY CONTENTO AL ESTAR CON ESTOS GRANDES EQUIPOS!
Asturias y Malaga (ESPAÑA)

LOL

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@Santicazorla12
Tengo 27 años ,soy jugador de Malaga C.F . y de la seleccion española nacional!y ESTOY MUY CONTENTO AL ESTAR CON ESTOS GRANDES EQUIPOS!
Asturias y Malaga (ESPAÑA)

LOL
Yo aplaudo el hecho de que un jugador se sienta orgulloso de estar con su equipo aunque sea de media tabla.

oh wait, Málaga?

lol $$$$$

Feorax

LFC team v Roma:

Gulacsi, McLaughlin, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Spearing, Shelvey, Aquilani, Cole, Eccleston, Sterling

Subs:

Jones, Agger, Flanagan, Adam, Suso, Morgan, Pacheco, Sama, Wilson, Lucas, Adorjan, Ward, Smith, Wisdom, Ibe

Bit too soon for the Euro players it seems. I imagine our team for the Europa league game in 8 days time might not be too dissimiar to our starting XI tonight.

jtb

Banned
pretty sure Cazorla's twitter always read that. maybe not in all caps, but still.

I'm in denial. Hope the Malaga owner keeps withholding wage money to speed this transfer right along

edit: also, with all the midfielders Chelsea are stockpiling, can't possibly see a place for Benayoun in the side this season. Wouldn't mind taking him on loan again next season... he'll provide some quality midfield coverage on the cheap.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LFC team v Roma:

Gulacsi, McLaughlin, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Spearing, Shelvey, Aquilani, Cole, Eccleston, Sterling

Subs:

Jones, Agger, Flanagan, Adam, Suso, Morgan, Pacheco, Sama, Wilson, Lucas, Adorjan, Ward, Smith, Wisdom, Ibe

Bit too soon for the Euro players it seems. I imagine our team for the Europa league game in 8 days time might not be too dissimiar to our starting XI tonight.

Roma: Lobonț, Rosi, Castan, Burdisso, Dodô, Bradley, Tachtsidis, Pjanić, Lamela, Bojan Krkić, Totti.

That's mostly their XI, minus De Rossi and Stekelenburg.

C'mon Liverpool, don't lose to Roma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom