• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

If it's under 8.5M, we're not interested.

8,5M? TAKE HIM NOW! It's gonna hurt, but the faster we get rid of Secco's legacy, the better.

Santi Cazorla just updated his twitter bio to read—“I'm 27, play for Málaga and Spain, and I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE WITH THESE TWO GREAT SIDES”

Really Cazorla?

I'm looking forward to seeing him smash us in the friendly on the 4th of august!

About RVP. I'm not exactly a PL connoisseur, although I'm learning a lot through you guys. So how bad would Arsenal fans take it if RVP chooses to go to United? How serious is the rivalry between the two clubs? Would it be like, say, if a 29yo Del Piero were to go to AC Milan? (Going to Inter would be a universal impossibility, so I won't mention it.)

Clegg

Should probably mention that United aren't in any immediate financial danger. We won't be turning into Leeds or Portsmouth overnight. The problem is the interest bill the club must pay every year. Thats what the IPO was for. To reduce the debt and ease the interest payments.

The biggest obstacle to this is the Glazers valuation of the club and their fuck up share structure.

Hixx

Not only is Gardner shit on the pitch he must constantly smell like it as well

Ayo4UhWCQAAFqGS.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
8,5M? TAKE HIM NOW! It's gonna hurt, but the faster we get rid of Secco's legacy, the better.

I'm looking forward to seeing him smash us in the friendly on the 4th of august!

About RVP. I'm not exactly a PL connoisseur, although I'm learning a lot through you guys. So how bad would Arsenal fans take it if RVP chooses to go to United? How serious is the rivalry between the two clubs? Would it be like, say, if a 29yo Del Piero were to go to AC Milan? (Going to Inter would be a universal impossibility, so I won't mention it.)

Exactly how it felt to lose this guy.

inzaghi.jpg

Bendtner Olivier Giroud will be their Del Piero ;)

Fines for farting, what the fuck? A man should be rewarded for his farts. Only get a fine if it's really loud and promising but with no smelly results.

IPO dead huh.

Hmm, what now.

For United, it doesn't mean too much really. The IPO was a source of hope because lesser debt would have meant greater disposable income and generally a healthier balance sheet. United can go on operating the way we have done over the last 3/4 years meaning there will be profits and some type of transfer budget ever summer (something like £15m/£20m + sales) and things will carry on.

Problem is standing still means going backwards, evidenced by Chelsea and City's spending.

It's worrying though because as has been mentioned here...the Glazers have big financial problems within the family. They most likely borrowed to pay off the PIK debts and their family businesses' are on their knees too.

I'm not sure where we go from here. I guess you could say it's possible they will look to sell the club, which would be amazing...but to who and for how much? They somehow think they can value the club at £2bn and sell worthless shares which won't offer a return...it's just crazy.

Worrying times for United. Things will only get worse when the financial results come out. People will lose it because there will be a natural downturn due to lost CL revenue. It doesn't really mean anything in the long run as long as United qualify from the group stages which they most likely will...but some fans and the media will make a big deal of it and confidence is king in the markets.

Welp. It was gonna come to a head eventually. IPO would have just put the breaks on. At this stage I don't mind if things go to shit and they're forced out. The club will always be there and will always come back and make the money it's meant to be making - but it will a real nasty ride if it comes to that.

FWIW - I will now be AMAZED if we sign Moura. Truly STUNNED. It was a ridiculously expensive deal in the first place but now...well, it would be a crazy decision financially at least.

Arnie

If we don't get battered it'll be a minor miracle. Roma's team looks a lot better, and they've played about 4 games more than us this pre-season. Excited to see Aquilani and Sterling though.

Feorax

If we don't get battered it'll be a minor miracle. Roma's team looks a lot better, and they've played about 4 games more than us this pre-season. Excited to see Aquilani and Sterling though.

But we have the home field advantage!

we're gonna get battered

Dibbz

Selling RVP to any rival in the PL would be pretty dumb. I'd rather get next to nothing for him just to get him out of this league.

Arnie

Gaston Ramirez's agent is in London to open talks with an EPL club.

We were rumoured to be interested so it has to be Spurs.

One target I wouldn't care if we missed out on. Very over priced for his actual ability, as I've maintained all along.

Selling RVP to any rival in the PL would be pretty dumb. I'd rather get next to nothing for him just to get him out of this league.
Imagine the heart ache of him walking out against Arsenal wearing a tablecloth.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So ... pretty good, then?

ya3Rd.gif
ya3Rd.gif
ya3Rd.gif

I doubt it to be honest
ya3Rd.gif

Vivalaraza said:
FWIW - I will now be AMAZED if we sign Moura. Truly STUNNED. It was a ridiculously expensive deal in the first place but now...well, it would be a crazy decision financially at least.

Well what about Krasic? It's not a crazy decision financially, it makes perfect sense
for us

Clegg

More likely that the RVP deal is dead imo. The hit we'd take on wages for him would be worse than the one off transfer fee for Moura.

TBH I think Fergies openness about our transfer targets was a ploy to drum up interest in the IPO. Pretty safe to say that didn't work. I reckon we'll still bid for Lucas but it won't be enough to get him. We're now done with the transfer market for this Summer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sigh, I'm really sorry United-GAF. No one really deserves this.

Except for Inter, maybe.

Edit: And Pescara.

Edit: Genoa too.

More likely that the RVP deal is dead imo. The hit we'd take on wages for him would be worse than the one off transfer fee for Moura.

TBH I think Fergies openness about our transfer targets was a ploy to drum up interest in the IPO. Pretty safe to say that didn't work. I reckon we'll still bid for Lucas but it won't be enough to get him. We're now done with the transfer market for this Summer.
Yep I agree.

Interest payments are £45m but we spent £30m last year in three of the quarters just buying back debt.

Probably close to £80/£90m in the past year spent on...nothing.

Makes me so damn mad. All that money down the drain...seriously painful.

operon

Yep I agree.

Interest payments are £45m but we spent £30m last year in three of the quarters just buying back debt.

Probably close to £80/£90m in the past year spent on...nothing.

Makes me so damn mad. All that money down the drain...seriously painful.

sometimes I wonder what would have happened if fergie hadn't pissed of his rich horse owning friends, would they have gone on to buy the whole club that time

-I want to call Kristen Stewart a c word but I fear the ban

- the PES demo is average it seems so arcadey to me in my first game I scored two screamers

- rovers lost to Rochdale tonight meaning we have lost to them, addy Stanley and Macclesfield so far

Clegg

In the short term United should be ok. Only City and Chelsea can really outmuscle us financially. The problem will come in the longer term when the team needs serious reinvestment. We won't be able to that adequately because the Glazers will still be trying to pay down the debt and interest payments. If we ever drop out of the CL places then we'll really be in trouble.

If the rumours are true then the Glazers are in serious personal financial difficulties. This IPO was to help pay off some of Uniteds debts while at the same time taking some pressure off the Glazers. Now that this has failed they have 3 options available to them.

1) Keep paying off the debt and interest bit by bit every year. Keep a transfer budget of £20m-30m every Summer and pray to God that the team stays competitive.

2) Sell the club off completely.

3) Bleed the club dry in order to pay off their personal debts and then make off like bandits.

fuenf

holy shit, you guys werent kidding :) TDKR was absolutely awesome, loved almost everything about . Far better than TDK imo.

Can somebody explain MUFCs debt to me or point me to a reliable source please. Interested to see what's up.
In the simplest terms.

MUFC owe circa £500m debt. Each year they have to pay £50m interest to service that debt...that basically keeps the club standing still. However the owners choose to spend a further £20-£30m a year to buy back debt to help lower the total debt...but it hasn't really worked.

Essentially each year the club will spend £70m/£80m paying towards the debt...but in the grand scheme of things...there is very little improvements...any improvements are negligent.

sometimes I wonder what would have happened if fergie hadn't pissed of his rich horse owning friends, would they have gone on to buy the whole club that time
I don't think they ever wanted to buy the club. Just they were more eager to sell after that.

dc89

-I want to call Kristen Stewart a c word but I fear the ban

- the PES demo is average it seems so arcadey to me in my first game I scored two screamers

- rovers lost to Rochdale tonight meaning we have lost to them, addy Stanley and Macclesfield so far

How do you see Rovers doing this season?

Also, I problem Kyle. Viva will sum all that up into a paragraph or two.

Edit: there we go.

dc89

We should found a football club.

Viva - Director of Finance
Me - Head of PR & Marketing

Who is Chairman and the other roles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom