• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Been pretty impressed with the MLS teams during these friendlies.

Edit: Whoa @ Becks' corner. That was unusual.. to say the least.

The South/Central American posters in the thread have said it's pretty common there. I guess the MLS must use it too.. never really watch the matches. I guess it must evaporate after a few minutes?
Yeah it was gone in about 30 seconds. Not a bad idea.

Chelsea are not convincing me.

Meier

Marin has looked excellent for Chelsea in these friendlies. Seemingly like he might be an absolute steal at his price.

Nice goal from Fat Frank.

Marin has looked excellent for Chelsea in these friendlies. Seemingly like he might be an absolute steal at his price.

Marin is looking good still. Terrible defending.
I've been a bit disappointed with Marin in the box, he nearly always tries to cut in and go for goal, even when there's a pass on. But over all he has looked well. Frank's passing had been poor tonight, he has been a bit iffy other than the goal.

K1LLER7

Yep think I'll put Marin in my FF team. See him getting around ten goals from midfield. Torres will have the support behind him that he needs next season. No reason to not score goals.

I've been a bit disappointed with Marin in the box, he nearly always tries to cut in and go for goal, even when there's a pass on. But over all he has looked well. Frank's passing had been poor tonight, he has been a bit iffy other than the goal.

Totally agree. I don't think I've seen him stick in a cross yet.

Meier

Nice goal by Pontius. Had him on my MLS-based FM team last year. :p

Yep think I'll put Marin in my FF team. See him getting around ten goals from midfield. Torres will have the support behind him that he needs next season. No reason to not score goals.

I think with Oscar coming in too, he may not get that many chances.

I have faith in Torres, but I still think we should have a better back up than Lukaku. I guess Sturridge can play as the striker.

He has zero technique. His decision making is not terrible, but his execution invariably lets him down.

We never attack down the right wing.
The big man is grim.

Yup Sloosha, all left all the time.

I'm legitimately disappointed that a bunch of second rate players who don't play with each other are giving us a game.

sneaky77

Lukaku should have never left Anderlech so soon and spent a whole yr in the bench, totally stopped his development.. bad decisions.

Meier

Chelsea are either going to score a shitload of goals from corners this season or this all-star team didn't work on their set play defending enough. :p

Fry

So, today I found out pre-season matches are actually airing on TV, and on a channel I didn't even knew I had (in HD).

The season has truly started for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom