• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Kyoufu did you give up on Dragon's Dogma? My pawn is now more than double your pawn's level. I can equip your pawn with some boss gear if you're still going to play.

Oh well, lads. Move on to the Milan game, hopefully Torres will start.
Don't fancy it to be honest. After the sounders game I was slightly optimistic. Thought we were poor for the most part in both PSG and Allstar games. But then what does it really mean?

When I grow up I want to be a Volkswagen Allstar MVP.

Kyoufu

Kyoufu did you give up on Dragon's Dogma? My pawn is now more than double your pawn's level. I can equip your pawn with some boss gear if you're still going to play.

Will get back to it tomorrow probably. I think I burned myself out a bit.

I can't handle the warm weather here.

Right now I'm sweating badly. It's 4am!

Fintan

Don't fancy it to be honest. After the sounders game I was slightly optimistic. Thought we were poor for the most part in both PSG and Allstar games. But then what does it really mean?
Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into it.

So based on what we've seen, who would you keep and who would you loan out from the young players?

Sloosha

I have no idea what our starting lineup will be come the Community Shield.

odd_morsel, are you going to get Persona 4: Arena?

qindarka

Banned
Will Mata be back for the Community Shield? If so, I'd say that this would be our strongest XI:

....................Torres
Hazard...........Mata............Ramires
...........Mikel.........Lampard
Cole.........Terry.......Luiz......Ivanovic
.....................Turnbull

Will Mata be back for the Community Shield? If so, I'd say that this would be our strongest XI:

....................Torres
Hazard...........Mata............Ramires
...........Mikel.........Lampard
Cole.........Terry.......Luiz......Ivanovic
.....................Turnbull
Why no Cech?

Fintan

Turnbull? Did something happen to Cech?
Also I like that lineup, but maybe move Ramires to Mikel's position and play Marin or someone else on the right.

GorillaJu

Kagawa's flicks to a runner cutting inside behind him are so goddamn nice.

Yeah I noticed this. The problem is that the people he was trying to cut back to were Macheda, Anderson, and Powell (who hasn't really shown finishing ability yet). When he gets an intelligent mover in with him like Rooney, he'll get loads of assists.

GorillaJu

Will get back to it tomorrow probably. I think I burned myself out a bit.

I can't handle the warm weather here.

Right now I'm sweating badly. It's 4am!

Stick a fan in front of an open window pointing outward and open a different window. Works for me.

Zabojnik

Recreativo Huelva (2nd spanish division) new away kit.

recreativo2.jpg

Joe

i've decided to give Football Manager a go for the first time ever. I'm about 80% through the tutorials and i'm exhausted lol. is micro-managing every player necessary for success in this game?

Meier

i've decided to give Football Manager a go for the first time ever. I'm about 80% through the tutorials and i'm exhausted lol. is micro-managing every player necessary for success in this game?

You don't have to worry about their training regimens more often than not. I just listen to the advice of my coaches and occasionally look at their training reports and modify their specific skill training based on the recommendations from the majority of the coaches. Here is my first team in October 2024.. only Mats Hummels left on my squad as far as real players go. Many of my stars have asked to move due to wanting a new challenge (I manage Porto) so I end up selling them to Premier League teams for $60-80m.

Chase Farmer's listed value of $54m is one of the highest I've ever had. He's won the "Best Player in Europe" award two years running.

Slizz

Watching USWNT replay.... for those complaining of lack of boobs.... Carli Lloyd scored the 3rd goal with a wonder-strike.... Boobs bouncing the entire celabration... so good.

GorillaJu

Watching USWNT replay.... for those complaining of lack of boobs.... Carli Lloyd scored the 3rd goal with a wonder-strike.... Boobs bouncing the entire celabration... so good.

Imagine if women called each other to talk like this? "OMG like whoa did you see the Chelsea game? Drogba's schlong was bouncing all over the place!"

Joe

You don't have to worry about their training regimens more often than not. I just listen to the advice of my coaches and occasionally look at their training reports and modify their specific skill training based on the recommendations from the majority of the coaches. Here is my first team in October 2024.. only Mats Hummels left on my squad as far as real players go. Many of my stars have asked to move due to wanting a new challenge (I manage Porto) so I end up selling them to Premier League teams for $60-80m.

Chase Farmer's listed value of $54m is one of the highest I've ever had. He's won the "Best Player in Europe" award two years running.

thanks for the tip! to be honest i hope i hate the game lol, last thing i need is another distraction. but i am a glutton for punishment...

WJD

Barca are just as bad on FM as they are in real life for unsettling players and generally being dicks in the transfer window; every window they come in for stupid bids for Fabio, who happens to be a world class left back, and won't stop chatting shit in media. Uncanny, really.

I see that Gokhan Tore has signed with Rubin Kazan. Weird, wasn't he a highly touted youth prospect when he was with with Chelsea? What happened?

Linius

For a second I tought someone posted a Tour de France picture in here, but that's the away kit from a football club so it appears :lol

Carbonox

Woop, Steven Taylor making his comeback tomorrow against Olympiacos. Would be nice for him to go a whole season not being injured but I doubt that will ever happen. :lol

Salazar

I'd like Rodgers to explain the compatibility of the Allen move and this written undertaking not to go for Swansea players for a while. Because it sure as hell does appear that Liverpool made the approach.

Carbonox

Best thing about PES is making up names based on the incorrect spellings while playing with some mates after a few Brandys. Captain Africa, Roy's Cafe, it's all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom