• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Arsenal fans not taking it well, eh? Who can blame them, really. Such a JT move.

magliebruciatevanpersie.jpg

Fry

Fuck knows what's happening with him.

Seems between Arsenal and us, don't think Spurs have been credibly linked. Read that they were going back in for Moutinho.

After the 'itk' and the journos says it's all done, I get happy. But then nothing official comes out, so I start to get nervous.

Arnie

After the 'itk' and the journos says it's all done, I get happy. But then nothing official comes out, so I start to get nervous.

Yea, same. Dominic King (decent LFC journo) from the banned site said we'll focus our efforts on him tomorrow now Assaidi is done.

Why does anyone care, clearly a number is meaningful to the players as the number tends to represent their standing with the club (especially Arsenal). Cesc taking the number 4 (Viera's old number) or Walcott taking the number 14 instead of say 7.

Speaking of numbers, I hope RVP avoids the #9 ( assuming we unload Berbatov by then) that number is kinda cursed. ( lately anyway)
I can understand why a player would pick a particular number that is signifacant to them. I can't understand why fans would care though, it's just a number. Who cares if a players style doesn't fit the traditional role the number used to represent?

Arnie

Honestly, those two signings might just make me bump you up to 4th in my predictions. Might fall just short.
Don't know what to think about Assaidi.

I just have to wait until I see him play; for every Afonso Alves, there's a Tiote or a Suarez, but the Eridivisie is a much different league.

Zabojnik

I can understand why a player would pick a particular number that is signifacant to them. I can't understand why fans would care though, it's just a number. Who cares if a players style doesn't fit the traditional role the number used to represent?

As a Chelsea fan I suppose you wouldn't understand, no.

Labadal

Heerenveen hava signed (imo) the best player Alfreð Finnbogason in the Swedish league. (Not a good league, I know, but the guy's really good.) They were quick to sign a new player.

Ryck

And what about CL exit?
Thanks for not bringing up the EL exit! But yeah I think losing the Prem to City was a bigger loss. If we had won the league we wouldn't be this desperate to add an 8th striker. ( regardless of our euro suckage)

Manager motives in this case, I totally could see Wilshire wearing the arm band in a year or two before heading off to "wherever".

Mastadon

Banned
Don't know what to think about Assaidi.

I just have to wait until I see him play; for every Afonso Alves, there's a Tiote or a Suarez, but the Eridivisie is a much different league.

I've watched 3 YouTube compilations now, so consider myself an expert. He'll be great.

Slizz

Thanks for not bringing up the EL exit! But yeah I think losing the Prem to City was a bigger loss. ( on goal diff no less ugh) If we had won the league we wouldn't be this desperate to add an 8th striker.

Manager motives in this case, I totally could see Wilshire wearing the arm band in a year or two before heading off to "wherever".

Like a sling and to the hospital? Lol is he going to be fit for the start of the season? Is he ever going to be fit? Can't believe he's in a Pepsi commercial with Drogba, Messi and Aguero.

Wilbur

Banned
A Swiss second division player has been banned for 10 league matches after telling the referee he would kill him after being sent off in a game.

The Swiss Football League (SFL) said in a statement that FC Wil's Adis Jahovic, furious at being dismissed in the first half, told the official: "If I see you after, I kill you."

The incident happened against FC Biel on Aug. 5. The SFL said Macedonian Jahovic had been guilty of "threatening the referee and serious unsporting conduct."

Yenrot - NLMG film is okay, nothing special. Mulligan is very good in it. If you like the book (as any sane person would) you'll enjoy it but it just doesn't hit as hard.

Raiola is that guys agent? Jeez Raiola must have made at least £10m on agents fees alone this summer.

Zabojnik

Sky Italia are saying we're close to an agreement with Bilbao for Best Torres. I don't understand the cash rumors floating around though. Supposedly we're offering 16M€, they want 18M€. Doesn't make any sense. Two days ago they were talking about 36M€ for the clause. Obviously they're not really expecting that much, but 18M€ is half that. Eh, whatever. I'm not buying any of it. #MatriPazziniFuture

Wilbur

Banned
It's funny that we go to JT as the synonym for the word that won't be spoken. But how many QPR fans are there in here? Less than Chelsea I'm sure, so why not make the synonym to JT, JB?

I suggested this the other day. Barton's the biggest JT around.

Arnie

I'm just happy they bought a winger

Same.

And he's cheap enough that it doesn't matter much if he doesn't set the league alight. Because we got him in the last year of his contract, and he's had a good history in the Eridivisie, we can easily flog him for a decent price too, should he be a bit guff.

It's funny that we go to JT as the synonym for the word that won't be spoken. But how many QPR fans are there in here? Less than Chelsea I'm sure, so why not make the synonym to JT, JB?

It's all about Js, but you're right.

Barton is one of the greatest assholes in football.

Zabojnik

When can we expect RVP's press conference? I really want to hear what he has to say for himself. All the treacherous JT talk aside, I guess his family played a huge role in the decision.

Sky Italia are saying we're close to an agreement with Bilbao for Best Torres. I don't understand the cash rumors floating around though. Supposedly we're offering 16M€, they want 18M€. Doesn't make any sense. Two days ago they were talking about 36M€ for the clause. Obviously they're not really asking that much, but 18M€ is half that. Eh, whatever. I'm not buying any of it. #MatriPazziniFuture

It's all posturing, of course. They were never going to get 36m and in all probability they never asked for it. But that probably was the imaginary starting point that the negotiation started from. As in, okay I know you say publicly that you want that much, but how much do you really want.

Shame Bilbao's transfer policy wouldn't allow us to loan some players to them. It's fascinating, but it was always going to be a team that builds from their youth and sells them later. Means an incredibly small market for incoming transfers and that their success and failure will be in cycles.

Arnie

When can we expect RVP's press conference? I really want to hear what he has to say for himself. All the treacherous JT talk aside, I guess his family played a huge role in the decision.

Is an explanation needed when you get to move to the glorious North West?

What's the latest on Sahin btw?
Arsenal pushed hard for him today, I think. There's people confident at both Arsenal and Liverpool that he's theirs.

Should find out tomorrow.

Yen

Yenrot - NLMG film is okay, nothing special. Mulligan is very good in it. If you like the book (as any sane person would) you'll enjoy it but it just doesn't hit as hard.

Raiola is that guys agent? Jeez Raiola must have made at least £10m on agents fees alone this summer.

Decided to watch Half Nelson instead. Gosling was the deciding factor.

Timurid

According to sky sports, Arsenal is in pole positiion for midfielder Lucas Biglia from Anderlecht. I heard of him, but i never saw him play. I'll probably youtube him later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom