• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Feel a bit bad for Clint Dempsey. Wonder if he's going to get squeezed out of a move to Liverpool? He deserves a shot at some sort of European competition during his career.

Arnie

According to sky sports, Arsenal is in pole positiion for midfielder Lucas Biglia from Anderlecht. I heard of him, but i never saw him play. I'll probably youtube him later today.

There's your Song replacement if it's true.

Feel a bit bad for Clint Dempsey. Wonder if he's going to get squeezed out of a move to Liverpool? He deserves a shot at some sort of European competition during his career.

I'm pretty sure a deal will be done. Fulham could really use Charlie Adam, jokes aside, and Dempsey's been isolated from the squad so going back to the first team doesn't seem that viable an option.

ATF487

Same.

And he's cheap enough that it doesn't matter much if he doesn't set the league alight. Because we got him in the last year of his contract, and he's had a good history in the Eridivisie, we can easily flog him for a decent price too, should he be a bit guff.

Yeah, and it's nice that this wasn't a stupidly long and drawn out transfer saga. I had no idea there was interest until it was a done deal

He did get to a Europa League final...

Slizz

Me too. People wonder why when he plays he always shoots, but like look at his squads. Fulham and the USMNT...

Wilbur

Banned

Fulham got to the last UEFA Cup final.

might have been Europa League

Arjen

Don't know what to think about Assaidi.

I just have to wait until I see him play; for every Afonso Alves, there's a Tiote or a Suarez, but the Eridivisie is a much different league.

Dude is a great player, just a jt move from him

Arnie

Dude is a great player, just a jt move from him

Sweet. Very excited.

If we get Sahin then our midfield will be good enough to comfortably boss games, and then we just need these quality attacking players to create enough and break the deadlock. Heard from a European journalist that he's a really hard worker, too. Seems like Rodgers demands that from all of his signings.

Meier

Fulham got to the last UEFA Cup final.

might have been Europa League

Oops, didn't realize this! I was kinda shooting low since I don't see 'Pool making the Champions League any time soon, but they have a much better shot to do so than Fulham. Fulham were indeed the runners up in 2009-2010 for the Europa League.

He apparently scored 3 goals in the Europa League last year.

Wilbur

Banned
Oops, didn't realize this! I was kinda shooting low since I don't see 'Pool making the Champions League any time soon, but they have a much better shot to do so than Fulham.

He's apparently scored a few goals in the Europa League.

He either scored 2 or 3 against Juventus if I remember correctly. That was a fucking brilliant match, I was at Craven Cottage for that. My Fulham supporting mate cried hahaha

Dark, gloomy, miserable looking.

Must be up north.

itjwG5QguU91U.gif

It's all posturing, of course. They were never going to get 36m and in all probability they never asked for it. But that probably was the imaginary starting point that the negotiation started from. As in, okay I know you say publicly that you want that much, but how much do you really want.
Isn't his contract almost up? And he declared he wasn't going to resign? That's when prices fall fast.

Lewandowski:
"I'm a Dortmund player and will fullfill my contract, I don't care for rumors about other clubs"

Yeah, I don't get why Lewy doesn't get rid of his shit agent, then. He's constantly doing some crazy shit to get rumors going, Lewy should be pissed....

Zabojnik

Lewandowski:
"I'm a Dortmund player and will fullfill my contract, I don't care for rumors about other clubs"

Yeah, I don't get why Lewy doesn't get rid of his shit agent, then. He's constantly doing some crazy shit to get rumors going, Lewy should be pissed....

He should sign with Raiola.

jtb

Banned
http://www.sport360.com/article/wen...-survive-van-persie-loss?theme=mobile_garland

Wenger does not seem to be taking the RVP departure very well at all.

How the hell can Wenger say this? This is a good move (Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud in, RVP out) for Arsenal... Wenger should've been moaning about this shit when he sold one of the best midfielders in the world in his prime with 5 years left on his contract to the team that regularly knocks us out of the CL. and didn't bother to replace him. RVP is not the first striker to score goals for Arsenal ffs. Hardly reassuring for the players that have just arrived or are winding down their contracts...

Salvadora

I think if I was going grey I'd just keep it, Unless it started happening now of course.My old manager started getting grey hair in his mid twenties.

sneaky77

It's all posturing, of course. They were never going to get 36m and in all probability they never asked for it. But that probably was the imaginary starting point that the negotiation started from. As in, okay I know you say publicly that you want that much, but how much do you really want.

Shame Bilbao's transfer policy wouldn't allow us to loan some players to them. It's fascinating, but it was always going to be a team that builds from their youth and sells them later. Means an incredibly small market for incoming transfers and that their success and failure will be in cycles.

actually... we build from youth and we DON'T sell players, unless they state they want to leave and a team pays the buyout. We don't usually have the best players leave, this summer its been an anomaly.
We don't need to sell Llorente, we don't have a money issue where we pay players late or have any of those issues.

Of course we are going to refer to the 36m buyout clause, why not? we don't lose anything by doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom