• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

68643.jpg

Screw this guy. Let him warm the bench in Liverpool :O

Oh yeah, also this. Wearing the shirt in a shop....my gawd. Get out with him please.

Wilbur

Banned
actually... we build from youth and we DON'T sell players, unless they state they want to leave and a team pays the buyout. We don't usually have the best players leave, this summer its been an anomaly.
We don't need to sell Llorente, we don't have a money issue where we pay players late or have any of those issues.

Of course we are going to refer to the 36m buyout clause, why not? we don't lose anything by doing so.

I'm confused that Llorente wants to leave. I couldn't think of anything I'd want to do more than play for my boyhood club/the team I support.

spidye

Or get a dream team of shit agents with Reza Fazeli, Raiola and his current one. He'd play for Real or PSG in two weeks.

Edit: Play might be the wrong word, let's just say he'd have had signed in 2 weeks.

well to be fair to fazeli. he made real sign freaking altintop.
that's quite a feat

Linius

But what is up with English clubs and Ajax this season. Spurs and Newcastle buying our best players. Liverpool beating us to buy a new player. Screw you rich English clubs, we need our players too :(

sneaky77

I'm confused that Llorente wants to leave. I couldn't think of anything I'd want to do more than play for my boyhood club/the team I support.

I think the issue is more his brother, who is his agent after fucking around for over a yr talking about wages and his commission now suddenly Llorente wants to leave after being there since he was 11... so fuck him.

This is after he has been saying for over a yr he wants to stay btw.. that's why people are pissed. If he had said a yr ago he wanted to leave it wouldn't be as big an issue.

Wilbur

Banned
I could understand money & fame being a big lure depending on the team you were at.

I don't know. It's easy for me to say supporting a huge club of course, but I can't think of anything better than having made it, watched your heroes at your club grow up and then the club you love says they want you. It must be an incredible feeling.

Salvadora

I don't know. It's easy for me to say supporting a huge club of course, but I can't think of anything better than having made it, watched your heroes at your club grow up and then the club you love says they want you. It must be an incredible feeling.

I agree, I have nothing but respect for those that stick it out for the teams they love but I could easily imagine being in that situation and weighing up my options and deciding to leave. I definitely think there are proper ways to do this & we've seen good and bad examples of it.

dc89

Pier's just loves to troll. But he's a pretty decent guy really, donates quite a bit of money for charity.

He bet Nasri that Arsenal would win a trophy before City following Nasri joined. He bet £10K I think and then donated it to Great Ormand St IIRC.

Clegg

Pier's just loves to troll. But he's a pretty decent guy really, donates quite a bit of money for charity.

He bet Nasri that Arsenal would win a trophy before City following Nasri joined. He bet £10K I think and then donated it to Great Ormand St IIRC.

This is completely untrue. He is a deplorable character with absolutely no moral integrity.

Just google him. He is a slimy, arrogant, treacherous shyster of the highest order.

ShogunX

Well have a look at Wayne Rooney he should of been an Everton legend and the first to rival Dixie Dean instead he's now kissing the Man Utd badge.

Wilbur

Banned
So I guess my question about being able to ship Piers back is a no, then.

You fucking wish.

I haven't known a bigger berk in the history of media. His grudge against Ian Hislop, getting twatted by Clarkson. He's just horrendously annoying.

3Sixty

Never thought i'd say this, but the transfer market misses Harry Redknapp.

Yeah, being two years older I never got to play football with him at school. Tom would be able to tell you if he was any good :p

I was the year below, but still played a few games with, former Everton, Motherwell, Coventry and current Middlesbrough striker Lukas Jutkiewicz.

/Claim to fame.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Are Spurs going to get another striker? Llorente, pls?

Of course. AVB confirmed today that Ade is close to being done. We may or may not sign another striker, but with both Glyfi and Rafa it isn't a massive issue if we just have Defoe, Ade and Kane. If we could get Damiao (lol) or Llorente (looooooooooool) as well then it would be amazing, but I doubt it.

We are also being linked to Isco of Malaga. Does anyone know much about him?

Carbonox

This is completely untrue. He is a deplorable character with absolutely no moral integrity. Just google him. He is a slimy, arrogant, treacherous shyster of the highest order.

This.

Donating to charity means jack shit. There are millions out there donating to charity who are complete and utter JT's personality-wise, or use donating their bottomless funds to charity as nothing more than a tool to get a leg up in the rich people's land. Piers is a JT, plain and simple.

Wilbur

Banned
Well have a look at Wayne Rooney he should of been an Everton legend and the first to rival Dixie Dean instead he's now kissing the Man Utd badge.

It doesn't happen with everyone, true. I think I'd stay at the club I love though.

Rooney's a bellend in all walks of life though.

Lakitu

st5fu
Wow, I thought for sure our announcement would be Sahin. I can't say I've ever heard of this guy but it sounds like he has some temperamental issues. £3m though, so the risk is very low.

Mumei

It'll always be a no!

But he's one of you! You spawned him; ergo he is your responsibility.

And is there some site or something I could read to get up to speed on teams and whatnot? I almost never watch football handegg (pandering, the best) or basketball, but just from reading Wikipedia and watching shows on TV once in awhile I know many big players and have some idea about what was happening.

Whereas here I read these names and I keep thinking, "They're making all these people up as an elaborate joke, aren't they?"

The answer is Wikipedia, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom