• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I detect a certain amount of bias in this post.

And perhaps not all the teams, but at least the major teams in that Premier League thingamajig for now.

Manchester city : Bought by rich Arabs a few years ago, turned the team from shit to great in a couple of seasons and are now PL holders. They got Mario Balotelli who's a endless source of entertainment

Manchter United : A mini city without rich owners.

Arsenal : Old Senile French man in charge of the club, haven't won a trophy for 7 years, their fans however still thinks they are title challengers.

Tottenham : Who cares

Chelsea : Rich oligarch (richest man in England!) bought them and has been obsessed with winning Champions league which he finally did last season by playing really defensive football that managed to piss everyone off. Known for firing managers left and right and he should probably have been in prison with all the other people that exploited the soviet downfall.

Liverpool : Mostly known for their deluded fans, however these are very aggressive deluded fans unlike the Arsenal supporters that are just in a constant state of melancholia. Do not associate yourself too much with these supporters.

Kyoufu

It was Van Gaal wasn't it?

Yup, that's the one.

Rafa most definitely wasn't offered the job! Are you thinking of Van Gaal? He was offered the DoF position before Rodger's made it clear he didn't want to work under a DoF.

Oh was it DOF? The owner sounded like he was twisting words as hard as he could and the interviewer wasn't believing him for a second lol.

She dropped Rafa's name on him and he smirked.

Salvadora

Arsenal : Old Senile French man in charge of the club, haven't won a trophy for 7 years, their fans however still thinks they are title challengers.
Tottenham : who cares
I was going to be angry but then I laughed.

danwarb

Liverpool owner says B-Rod was the only candidate they offered the job.

I smell bullshit. It stinks!

They said that at the time too. Rodgers refused to speak to them until they offered him the job. Didn't want to be part of a process unless he was no.1 candidate, so it's probably true, but they spoke to a lot of people.

Arnie

Well either way we still have a good midfield for the upcoming season. If we get Sahin then great I'm sure he will display his quality on the pitch but if he decides on Arsenal instead then good luck to him and we move on to other targets.
Same, more interested in seeing Allen, seen as he's a permanent fixture. Doesn't help that I haven't seen Sahin, either, tough to get truly excited about a player you've barely seen.
Liverpool owner says B-Rod was the only candidate they offered the job.

I smell bullshit. It stinks!
Why'd you say that?

Cheese GAF

Has anyone tried Alex James (from blur) cheddar tikka masala cheese? It's awesome

Also picked up some pre sliced Mexican cheddar this week and put on some homemade turkey burgers, that stuff rules

dc89

Well Barton burnt his bridges at QPR when he did this:

Barton.gif

Horrible player and then pretends to be intelligent on Twitter.

jtb

Banned
more English players should play abroad; 12 match ban or not. QPR should've just terminated his contract though.

dc89

Barton was a complete JT well before that. A complete thug that shouldn't be playing football.

Oh yeah no doubt about it, he leaves every club due to his destructive behaviour.

Assaulted Dabo and stubbed a cigar out in a youth players eye at City. What a idiot.

Imagine if he landed that headbutt on Kompany. Kompany would have killed him, he's twice the size of Barton and twice the man aswel.

Meier

Last I heard he wanted £5m from the rumoured £8m transfer fee.

I think we'd even agreed to cut the "fee" to £4m and essentially Spurs would then give him like a £4-5m signing bonus which would effectively cover the remaining wages he'd miss out on from his current contract but he won't budge. He wants to get a piece from Spurs and get the entire transfer fee that City receives..something along those lines.

Hixx

Well Barton burnt his bridges at QPR when he did this:

Barton.gif

Horrible player and then pretends to be intelligent on Twitter.

Holy shit Nasri. He's starts off as "oh shit oh shit" and waits for bodies to get between him and Barton. Then he does the old 'HOLD ME BACK' routine.

Salvadora

Oh yeah no doubt about it, he leaves every club due to his destructive behaviour.

Assaulted Dabo and stubbed a cigar out in a youth players eye at City. What a idiot.

Imagine if he landed that headbutt on Kompany. Kompany would have killed him, he's twice the size of Barton and twice the man aswel.
Aguero is such a likeable guy. It makes me angrier. The fucking wanker.
Yeah. But this just settled it, why would he not safe that 12 match ban for Suarez? :(

Suarez will seal his own down bringing I'm sure.

40, 50 years?
Not if Barton gets to him

Kyoufu

Lol Barton had no idea his shirt # had been given to someone else. They didn't even call him haha.

QPR smacked him in the face.

PaulLFC

Liverpool : Mostly known for their deluded fans, however these are very aggressive deluded fans unlike the Arsenal supporters that are just in a constant state of melancholia. Do not associate yourself too much with these supporters.
:lol "very aggressive" - what? (watch me get called agressive or something for questioning that...)

ShogunX

Cheese GAF

Has anyone tried Alex James (from blur) cheddar tikka masala cheese? It's awesome

Also picked up some pre sliced Mexican cheddar this week and put on some homemade turkey burgers, that stuff rules

Relegation is awful!! Gone from a season ticket holding fan to a cheese connoisseur in the space of a few months.

Wes

venison crêpe
But he's one of you! You spawned him; ergo he is your responsibility.

And is there some site or something I could read to get up to speed on teams and whatnot? I almost never watch football handegg (pandering, the best) or basketball, but just from reading Wikipedia and watching shows on TV once in awhile I know many big players and have some idea about what was happening.

Whereas here I read these names and I keep thinking, "They're making all these people up as an elaborate joke, aren't they?"

The answer is Wikipedia, isn't it?

I know this isn't what you're asking here but I saw you ask something similiar this morning and I didn't have time to write up a reply...

The biggest advice I can give you in terms of choosing to support any one team is DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE!

Whenever there's a game on just watch along with the rest of us. Eventually there'll be players you start to like watching or teams you want to do well. This builds up over time until you find the club for you. The best choice as to which team to support should be a progression over time for those of us who don't follow a family or location based decision. This is how I became an Aston Villa fan whilst my father supports Wolves.

LegoArmo

If he'd injured Aguero there United would probably have won the league. I... wouldn't want that, Barton is a prick. He should have stayed on the pitch and blocked the shot instead.

Salvadora

Reading some articles at the moment that are saying that Arsene has 'learnt his lesson' from last summer and is buying reinforcements. Makes you wonder how we got in that fucking position last summer.

dc89

If he'd injured Aguero there United would probably have won the league. I... wouldn't want that, Barton is a prick. He should have stayed on the pitch and blocked the shot instead.

Aguero is so likeable and he's a good pro. When he was in the box about to score he was tackled a bit late by the QPR defender (was it Taiwo?) and he could have easily gone down and got a penalty, but he's not that kind of guy.

A few players in the PL would have gone down, because they do at the faintest of touches.

K1LLER7

Aguero is so likeable and he's a good pro. When he was in the box about to score he was tackled a bit late by the QPR defender (was it Taiwo?) and he could have easily gone down and got a penalty, but he's not that kind of guy.

A few players in the PL would have gone down, because they do at the faintest of touches.
My favourite player at City, liked him since his first game against Barcelona for Atletico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom