• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm not sure why Liverpool went through the trouble to get another winger. Don't they need creative midfielders or something?

As I see it Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United all need a centre mid.

Chelsea need another striker.

City want a centre back, centre mid and a winger it would seem.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It infuriates me that City were not a real option in this saga.

ade090512.jpg

Clegg

I'm pretty sure Kermit was banned, came back, was banned a week after he returned, then permabanned a few days after his second return.

Did it happen like that?

Salvadora

I'm pretty sure Kermit was banned, came back, was banned a week after he returned, then permabanned a few days after his second return.

Did it happen like that?

iirc it was something similar, If not that. I wouldn't have minded him that much if the PM shit hadn't came to light.

D_prOdigy

Seeing as I could still take or leave RVP, it irks me that so many other clubs are now close to getting who they want.

Why can't all muppet juices flow into someone like Witsel?

Clegg

Seeing as I could still take or leave RVP, it irks me that so many other clubs are now close to getting who they want.

Why can't all muppet juices flow into someone like Witsel?

Benfica want £30m for Witsel.

Hes a good player but not worth that amount of money.

rodvik

Bartley from Arsenal to Swansea seems odd to me. Wasn't he supposed to be rather promising?

Arsenal sick and tired of being told that they sell their talent after they have developed them. Start selling talent BEFORE they get good.

8)

Arnie

My point being is that you're hoping to get Sahin. If you didn't get him, would you still not be after a centre mid then?

I don't think we're going after Sahin because central midfield is a position that desperately needs strengthening, but more because he's a brilliant player that's on the market. The left side of our defence and our attack need strengthening far more.

Bear in mind that without Sahin we'd still be able to start with Lucas, Allen, and Gerrard, with Henderson, Shelvey, and Adam in reserve.

PaulLFC

So Playmo has finally started charging for the Netflix DNS trick on PCs. Same price as Unblock Us, so I'm going to try the one week trial of Unblock Us and see which is the most reliable to use from there.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gazzetta dello Sport: Pazzini could join Milan if/when his contract with Inter gets rescinded.

..okay?

-

610x.jpg

I would hate to see Matri wearing another jersey next season :( His girlfriend is in Milan though, it makes sense.

Bonus:
x610.jpg

Yen

Karren Brady is still blatantly a dirty little trumpet though.

Her show on feminism in football showed that she, along with the other two owners, is a numpty. It was the only time I heard her speak for more than a minute so I was unaware at the amount of verbal diahorrea.

GorillaJu

Whoa, surprise signing? That's cool, we definitely need wingers. I've never heard of this guy though. Guess its time to investigate

Messi

So me and Manufan4ever (lol) may be going to witness a live execution* in october.

*Ireland getting murdered by Germany in the aviva, World cup qualifier.

ShogunX

I don't think we're going after Sahin because central midfield is a position that desperately needs strengthening, but more because he's a brilliant player that's on the market. The left side of our defence and our attack need strengthening far more.

Bear in mind that without Sahin we'd still be able to start with Lucas, Allen, and Gerrard, with Henderson, Shelvey, and Adam in reserve.

Enrique has looked back to his tank like best in his new role under Rodgers and with Jack Robinson and Glen Johnson being able to provide cover I think we are sorted in that department. Moving Downing out of his way has obviously helped (Too many times Downing would be static on the half way line) and we all got to see how well Sterling manged to link up with Enrique against Leverkusen.

Arnie

Enrique has looked back to his tank like best in his new role under Rodgers and with Jack Robinson and Glen Johnson being able to provide cover I think we are sorted in that department. Moving Downing out of his way has obviously helped (Too many times Downing would be static on the half way line) and we all got to see how well Sterling manged to link up with Enrique against Leverkusen.

I agree that Enrique has been brilliant in pre-season, but I still think ideally we could do with a replacement to Aurelio. Whilst I think Robinson is a better player than Flanagan, I still don't think he's of the same standard as Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom