• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Breaking Bad gets truly awesome at the end of S3, Sopranos is a mixed bag.

Yeah I'm enjoying it a great deal; very entertaining and Walt is a superb character but it hasn't reached greatness yet.

Watched the first episode of Sopranos with my family when Sky Atlantic started up and loved it but we never got round to the rest. Bought the box set for 50 quid when it was on sale at HMV.

The West Wing is my favourite non-HBO show.

The first 4 seasons are some of the best television you'll ever see.

Sweet, I'll look into it, cheers

Kyoufu

Why would she ever answer that lol :)

I'd assume so, but them tweets are awful

Here:

“Ellen Page if you continue to date Alexander [Skarsgard] I will K-1-L-L you in public in the next year,” the tweet read. “Be it in a club, at a game, in a restaurant, or when you're signing autographs.”

They can get arrested over tweets like that.

BTW Beyond: Two Souls looks incredible. Ellen Page ftw.

Arnie

Arsenal certainly need Sahin more than we do, at least if they lose Song. As I say, it's hard to get really enthused about a 12 month loan signing, and I've yet to even see the lad play, so I wouldn't be that sad if he went to Arsenal. Might not be saying that a few games into the season, mind.

Can't wait to start Deadwood next week. Need to watch The West Wing too. Sopranos is miles better than Breaking Bad, and I like Breaking Bad.

Ah well. At least we tried.
Beats last summer. At least we definitely had a go at getting a 'top' player.

Salvadora

Arsenal certainly need Sahin more than we do, at least if they lose Song. As I say, it's hard to get really enthused about a 12 month loan signing, and I've yet to even see the lad play, so I wouldn't be that sad if he went to Arsenal. Might not be saying that a few games into the season, mind.

Can't wait to start Deadwood next week. Need to watch The West Wing too. Sopranos is miles better than Breaking Bad, and I like Breaking Bad.

Madrid would lose any interest, I'm hoping.

kharma45

Yeah I'm enjoying it a great deal; very entertaining and Walt is a superb character but it hasn't reached greatness yet.

Watched the first episode of Sopranos with my family when Sky Atlantic started up and loved it but we never got round to the rest. Bought the box set for 50 quid when it was on sale at HMV.

The change in Walt's character, especially as you move into season 4, is startling.

Sopranos I wish I'd bought on DVD now, I've been following it on Sky Atlantic too since it started and it's only just coming to the end now, few more weeks to go yet!

PS if anyone hasn't seen Band of Brothers THEN FUCK YOU. Best thing ever on TV.

bob2.jpg

Made me cry manly tears.

Messi

Day 1 BABY!

Apparently the tweets were deleted and the accounts but the police are investigating it. The sent requests to twitter for location data.

Arnie

Madrid would lose any interest, I'm hoping.

I thought he'd be desperate to return anyway, though. Seems his heart is set on a career at Madrid, and whatever happens now is just a stepping stone for him to get back into Mourinho's good books. Not to play him down too much, obviously I want him to come to us, but like I say, I'd rather Allen flourished than him.

Wilbur

Banned
Is Moses really leaving Wigan? :(

Going Chelsea apparently. You will never see him again.

I'm worried more about Napoli to be honest. Napoli and Roma are both contenders though.

Yeah Napoli without European competition will be up there. I'd say Juve will win (but make hard work of it) but after that there's 5 or 6 clubs really in the race for CL.

Sahin is wonderful. Really is, it's a shame he didn't play much last year.

Hope you like Deadwood; it's the same as a few shows where it takes an episode or two to get into it... But with the Wire it took me half the first season, same with Boardwalk, and I only really started liking Breaking Bad halfway through the second. Deadwood took me one episode.

Dialogue's hard to get to grips with at first but goddamn if it isn't quotable.

There is heavy loads of salt being thrown about on twitter lols

Personally, i still think we're being used to drum up interest.
Might have to rework my predictions if this happens.

Yes Wenger go get Sahin. Then Arsenal can sign him and in 3 years when his contract only has a year left to run, WASSAP NURI!?

ShogunX

So people should. Nothing worse than sad crazy fans who devote hours of their lives, spend hard earned money, engage in petty squabbles and defend their guys no matter what.........Hang on a minute.

Clegg

Deadwood is a sensational show.

Also the intro scene where Leo walks through The West Wing is one of the finest scenes in television.

Wilbur

Banned

http://singlarity.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/bob2.jpg[/IM]

Made me cry manly tears.[/QUOTE]

Only seen one episode haha, got it on Blu-Ray though. Too much fucking stuff to watch, haven't seen any new films in ages.

[quote="Kyoufu, post: 41111284"]RVP on near 200k per week?

Going to laugh if you don't win the title.[/QUOTE]

People said this about Alan Shearer for 15m. We laughed then as well.

[quote="Vivalaraza, post: 41111327"]Might have to rework my predictions if this happens.

Yes Wenger go get Sahin. Then Arsenal can sign him and in 3 years when his contract only has a year left to run, WASSAP NURI!?[/QUOTE]

Viva I fucking love you

K1LLER7

Robin Van Persie medical successfully completed at Bridgewater Hospital, signing autographs for fans as he left. Club confirmation and squad number announcement expected tomorrow.

Wilbur

Banned
Robin Van Persie medical successfully completed at Bridgewater Hospital, signing autographs for fans as he left. Club confirmation and squad number announcement expected tomorrow.

Fingers sliding slowly up buttcrack, fudding imminent. Holding on until he scores a wonder goal against Everton to initiate full cream ahead.

kharma45

Berba needs games, Yurt take him like you took Pogba :'(

Take Berba get Macheda free.

He wont be able to stop after the end of S3, lets be realistic here.

True, but I don't want to say anything at all about what happens in the second half of S3 as every little detail is best left unsaid.

ESPECIALLY DAT FUCKING CLIFFHANGER! FUCK!

Real spoiler there btw Wilbz.

The change in Walt's character, especially as you move into season 4, is startling.

Sopranos I wish I'd bought on DVD now, I've been following it on Sky Atlantic too since it started and it's only just coming to the end now, few more weeks to go yet!

bob2.jpg

Made me cry manly tears.

The last episode with the interviews is intense, really emotional.
Bastogne is an amazing episode too.

Wilbur

Banned
As soon as you finish with S3 of Breaking Bad you need to drop everything else and watch Band of Brothers.

Don't even have time to watch imminent new signing Robin van Persie's 132 goals for Arsenal before leaving for greener pastures?

korma pls

kharma45

The last episode with the interviews is intense, really emotional.
Bastogne is an amazing episode too.

Yeah the last episode got to me :( so did the second last one when they
find the camp.

Bastogne is amazing too, fuck. I need to get my annual watch of that series on soon.

Don't even have time to watch imminent new signing Robin van Persie's 132 goals for Arsenal before leaving for greener pastures?

korma pls

hahaha korma, love it.

Messi

Take Berba get Macheda free.

True, but I don't want to say anything at all about what happens in the second half of S3 as every little detail is best left unsaid.

ESPECIALLY DAT FUCKING CLIFFHANGER! FUCK!

Real spoiler there btw Wilbz.

Yup x100

ShogunX

Beats last summer. At least we definitely had a go at getting a 'top' player.

We will just have to wait and see what develops tomorrow but I think a few things have shown us already this transfer window that not many people know what is going on behind the scenes with different deals.

Strange how the Sahin loan has developed going from being nailed on for Arsenal to the whole Mourinho, Alonso Liverpool story. Interesting times ahead but like you say we already have our midfield in place anyway.

Band of Brothers is great. Better than The Pacific. Generation Kill is another good show.

Also, I got the Sopranos box set dirt cheap a year or so a go. I love me some box sets. It sits along side The Wire. Quality TV.

Arnie

We will just have to wait and see what develops tomorrow but I think a few things have shown us already this transfer window that not many people know what is going on behind the scenes with different deals.

Strange how the Sahin loan has developed going from being nailed on for Arsenal to the whole Mourinho, Alonso Liverpool story. Interesting times ahead but like you say we already have our midfield in place anyway.

Very strange, and it might swing back again. Turning into a bit of a saga, and I hate sagas. Especially when it's for a temporary loan in a position we've just signed a really good player in.

What would Spurs fan's reactions be if they signed Meireles to replace Modric?

Messi

Can you fill me in on this?

kharma45

Band of Brothers is great. Better than The Pacific. Generation Kill is another good show.

Also, I got the Sopranos box set dirt cheap a year or so a go. I love me some box sets. It sits along side The Wire. Quality TV.

Yeah Pacific was nowhere near as good as BoB was sadly.

Generation Kill I must get around to at some point, probably after I finish with The Wire and The Sopranos.

ShogunX

Can you fill me in on this?

Not that much on it but apparently Xabi Alonso has been encouraging Sahin to go to Liverpool and Mourinho would prefer Sahin to link up with Rodgers who he worked with when he was at Chelsea mainly because Rodgers knows the Mourinho style and what he expects from players.

People were saying it would be confirmed today and it wasn't.

From what I read more developments with Sahin were expected within 48 hours due to the player being with Turkey on International duty. Don't think anybody supposedly reliable mentioned the 24 hour announcement.

Messi

Guys, in Happy Feet, if you look closely the main penguin has a black spot on his neck and it looks like a bow tie.

WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom