• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

If Arsenal get Sahin, they'll have done the best business in the transfer window by far, and probably their personal best in a long time.

Fuck'em!

Look who was with our football school teachers in Japan:

cjdq5l.jpg

Enough for a Kagawa to BVB rumor lol

Salvadora

Holy shit at the account suicide on the gaming side.

I've noticed more and more of that lately, Usually from people associated with the spin-off forums. A very tame account suicide though.
If Arsenal get Sahin, they'll have done the best business in the transfer window by far, and probably their personal best in a long time.

Fuck'em!
I've been very pleased so far. Still need to strengthen up that defence & get rid of the dead-weight. Really didn't expect us to be so active.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486695
Its been edited though.

Kyoufu

Will:

More bad news. Atromitos won't play the game earlier, so we have to play them on the Thursday then head to Chelsea couple days later. Balls.

Arnie

Raphael Honigstein on ESPN Press Pass last night:

RH said:
"He's [Şahin] got one problem, Luka Modric, the deal is all but done however, both clubs are pushing for Şahin to be included in the deal.

"He's made them both aware that he's not interested in a move to Spurs, he's quite categorical, so they are quite out of the picture as far as he's concerned.

"He's got three offers one of them is Arsenal the other is Liverpool, his preference is for Champions League football however, he's not 100% against going to another club if Arsenal for some reason don't come through.

"So he's a little bit stuck, however, I've been told and can quote here a solution for him will be found next week and I think it will still be the Premier League"

Sounds like Arsenal just need to cross the i's and dot the t's.

Yet again, Spurs expulsion from the Champions League comes back to bite them in the ass.

Will:

More bad news. Atromitos won't play the game earlier, so we have to play them on the Thursday then head to Chelsea couple days later. Balls.

Shola is ready. Don't worry, we can rest Ba, Cisse etc

Pretty much everyone really, Shola in Europe is like fat Ronaldo in his prime!

Kyoufu

Shola is ready. Don't worry, we can rest Ba, Cisse etc

Pretty much everyone really, Shola in Europe is like fat Ronaldo in his prime!

So true. Shola's European record is beast central.

But I'm worried about our defense. They leak goals like my arse leaks after I eat soup and priobiotic yogurt.

Arnie

Cleverley admitting that this could be his 'defining season', and I'd agree.

He's a top young player, really good on the ball, and could be a huge fixture in United's first eleven if he stays fit. If he has yet another choppy season through injury then I think all hope and expectation for him will fall dramatically, and he'll be typecast once and for all as a player permanently burdened with physical issues. A Hargreaves, or an Owen, or a Rodwell.

I think those reports saying Wenger went off M'Vila were spot on. Looks like Sahin's his go to guy if Song goes, even though they're quite different players.

Lightning

Banned
Sounds like Arsenal just need to cross the i's and dot the t's.

Yet again, Spurs expulsion from the Champions League comes back to bite them in the ass.
Arsenal have this one in the bag. I have confidence in us sealing this one as we are doing good business this summer.

RVP saga aside this has been a fantastic summer. Damn I wish RVP would stay as we have a team now if we can land Sahin that can compete against anything in the pl I feel.

Never? We want Sahin. Wenger has already ruled us out more than once. I'm not sure why people keep calling him a target when clearly we've dropped interest a while back.

Arnie

Arsenal have this one in the bag. I have confidence in us sealing this one as we are doing good business this summer.

RVP saga aside this has been a fantastic summer. Damn I wish RVP would stay as we have a team now if we can land Sahin that can compete against anything in the pl I feel.

RVP saga has been class for you lot, I feel.

I see your jumping on Cazorla and sniping of Sahin as a direct 'fuck you' to Robin.

M'Vila and Sahin?

Are you kidding me.
It's Spurs closing in on M'Vila, not Arsenal.

Just signed up for the fantasy league.

Mississippi Outlaw is me...

I think i placed pretty well last year :)

EDIT***

In other news I really hope West Ham complete the signing of Moussa Konate

Cleverley admitting that this could be his 'defining season', and I'd agree.

He's a top young player, really good on the ball, and could be a huge fixture in United's first eleven if he stays fit. If he has yet another choppy season through injury then I think all hope and expectation for him will fall dramatically, and he'll be typecast once and for all as a player permanently burdened with physical issues. A Hargreaves, or an Owen, or a Rodwell.
I don't think he's a top young player. He's promising.

He did look good at times last season, really did improve the side so I'm hopeful, but that's it really. Not expecting great things of him next season or ever really.

jtb

Banned
You know... I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually kind of happy Wenger sees Coquelin (allegedly) as the back-up for Sanga. CAn't see him getting any games in midfield with Diaby, Song, Wilshere, Ramsey, Arteta (and even players like the Ox who played centrally occasionally last season) and potentially Sahin ahead of him in the pecking order for the center of midfield, so it could be a good opportunity for him to work on his defensive game. Don't think he'll ever be a great player, but if Wenger molds him into a pure destroyer type, then from the little I've seen of him, I don't see why he can't grow into becoming a simple, but very effective player. Certainly more signs of promise than Frimpong. Don't want the defensive screen to have discipline issues; that's a huge red flag for me.

Also really don't like CBs played out of position at full back. They aren't effective going forward and when the defensive cover is as bad as it is as Arsenal, why risk injuring them playing out of position? Kos/Verm need to stay in the center of defense. They're not great, but they're just good enough to ensure we outscore the opposition, I think.

Feels good to be optimistic about Arsenal's chances again. Definitely think Sahin is a necessary capture, hope it goes through. That'll help us really put together a strong push for the title.

K1LLER7

I don't think he's a top young player. He's promising.

He did look good at times last season, really did improve the side so I'm hopeful, but that's it really. Not expecting great things of him next season or ever really.

Think he'll do well if he stays injury free, nothing special. Expecting more from Anderson next season.

Wilbur

Banned
Mourinho:

In an interview televised on Monday he explained that, as his career has progressed, he has become less selfish and less focused on his individual goals.
"Things have been going well for me, thank God. I am focused on others much more these days. The pleasure of winning with Inter Milan was seeing a club which had not won for 50 years winning again.
"That is what entices me more and more, instead of pursuing individual goals."

in the same interview:

Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho said that he should be labelled the "Only One" instead of the 'Special One', after becoming the only coach to win the top three leagues in European football.

"Like me or not, I am the only one who won the world's three most important leagues. So, maybe instead of the 'Special One', people should start calling me the 'Only One'," Mourinho said in an interview with Portuguese television channel SIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom