• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal lose their 2 best players and they're crowned 3rd place, while we lose nobody and add to the squad and we're tipped to finish below Aston Villa.

http://www.pitch.com/binary/9dd8/fuck_you.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

You need to stop giving a shit what the media thinks! For many reasons.

Kyoufu

Someone is not a fan of being the underdog! Its good for u, coz now there is no pressure on your players as no1 expects anything from them. Like last year.

Nah I am ok with being the underdog. It's great, but it's just funny how silly pundits are. Aston Villa above us? Sunderland? Haha!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Agree with this post. Our inability to close big deals has more to do with the general decline of Serie A and our not having absurd oil money than it does Marotta.

Yes. But missing out on Aguero and Rossi was purely down to the transfer fee and taking too long to negotiate. Rossi was off the table after Villarreal managed to sell that other player and City swooped in for Aguero really late in the transfer window. We were a few millions short of landing them. I'm OK with refusing to spend a huge amount on one player, but to then go and buy Elia, Padoin and Motta...

Jovetic, we allegedly went as high as 25. 5 millions less than Viola's buyout clause.
Lloerente, we offered 16m, they want 22-23 at least.
We're also 5 millions away from City's asking price for Dzeko.
We should've wrapped up RVP's deal before this Conte shit. Assuming we were one of his options and the kid inside of him really loved Arsenal at some point in his life.

jtb

Banned
so... Alex Song is gone? This has to force Wenger to buy a DM + CM, right?

surely Wenger is rational enough to realize that Diaby (a player who's not even a fucking DM in the first place) is not good enough or fit enough to cover that position on his own for the entire fucking season?!

GorillaJu

Is Diaby back? If so, that could make Song surplus to requirements.

They'll probably by that young DM being mentioned lately. Can't recall the name. Thought it was Yiglia or osmething but not according to Google.

Dibbz

Apparently his attitude has been appalling for the last couple of weeks and Wenger wants rid of him.

That's disappointing if true.

Wilshire gets the No. 10 at Arsenal and he threw in a nice little dig at the end of his comment.

“It has a special place for all attacking or creative players. I feel proud to wear it now after some real Club legends have worn it, such as Dennis Bergkamp.

Clegg

D ‏@AFCAMDEN

Can I rephrase that? Alex Song has been f*cked off by Arsenal.
This guy seems pretty clued in about whats happening at Arsenal.

Song must have really pissed off Wenger.

ShogunX

150422326-new-signing-joe-allen-of-liverpool-in-action-gettyimages.jpg

Joe Allen is tiny.

Kyoufu

Well Andy Carroll has international caps, I wouldn't say he's a proven international.

Yeah I'm not even going to dispute this because there's nothing to dispute, we haven't signed a proven international yet.

But it's Graham Carr so I trust him.

LegoArmo

Arsenal are managed by Arsene Wenger. Newcastle are managed by Alan Pardew.

I think Newcastle fans might be in for a rude awakening.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I'm not even going to dispute this because there's nothing to dispute, we haven't signed a proven international yet.

But it's Graham Carr so I trust him.

Yeah, I'm sure Anita will be great.

I think you'll finish 8th this year, but I'd love to be wrong. Newcastle are my second team so I hope they finish high as possible.

jtb

Banned
I won't mind selling Song (and this is a giant fucking if whenever Wenger's concerned) he's replaced. He's a poor defensive screen and just because you can lob the ball for two or three goals to a striker who won't be able to score those types of volleys anymore does not mean you are in any way bigger than the club.

Hope Barca pay a decent fee.

Jabo

Jovetic, we allegedly went as high as 25. 5 millions less than Viola's buyout clause.
Lloerente, we offered 16m, they want 22-23 at least.
We're also 5 millions away from City's asking price for Dzeko.
We should've wrapped RVP's deal up before this Conte shit broke out. Assuming we were one of his options.

Doing business with a lot of Italian clubs is like pulling teeth. Everything is always so complicated as every fucker has some kind of add-on and wants unrealistic money and then all of a sudden when it's a player they want to buy? Oh we have no money please accept our low ball terrible offer.

(¬‿¬)

Dibbz

so... Alex Song is gone? This has to force Wenger to buy a DM + CM, right?

surely Wenger is rational enough to realize that Diaby (a player who's not even a fucking DM in the first place) is not good enough or fit enough to cover that position on his own for the entire fucking season?!

To be fair the Coq is available as well right? Whenever he played in midfield he was great.

Clegg

If Arsenal sign M'vila then the've already gotten a better defensive screen than Song ever was. Get Sahin on loan and they've gotten a gifted midfielder too.

Song is a good player but if they get Sahin and M'Vila then they should be fine.

Losing RVP is the real blow.

Kyoufu

Yeah, I'm sure Anita will be great.

I think you'll finish 8th this year, but I'd love to be wrong. Newcastle are my second team so I hope they finish high as possible.

Well actually our expectations are 7th but we're not going to aim for that. We want higher.

Just like some people who expect City to win the title again but hope for Man United or Chelsea or whoever to win.

ShogunX

I won't mind selling Song (and this is a giant fucking if whenever Wenger's concerned) he's replaced. He's a poor defensive screen and just because you can lob the ball for two or three goals to a striker who won't be able to score those types of volleys anymore does not mean you are in any way bigger than the club.

Hope Barca pay a decent fee.

Didn't Song get around twelve assists last season?

jtb

Banned
To be fair the Coq is available as well right? Whenever he played in midfield he was great.

yeah, I think he has promise but he's still young. Last thing we need is to rely on one of the most injury prone players in the Premier League and an unproven youngster... they should be the backups, eased into the first team XI, not thrust into the spotlight because of a quick panic deal and inability to bring in reinforcements.

M'Vila and/or Sahin in; I'm perfectly fine with that. Luckily for us, Spurs seem to have backed off M'Vila as they don't have the Modric money yet... but let's not wait to sell to buy.

and losing RVP really isn't that big of a deal. Especially when you get three top attacking players going the other way.

Kyoufu

Honestly I don't think losing RVP is that big of a blow. Someone will score goals in his place. Maybe not as many, but enough to get them going somewhere.

We lost Carroll and everyone thought we were going to fight relegation, we simply bought other strikers.

Zabojnik

I wonder if they paid for his flight again.

Well actually our expectations are 7th but we're not going to aim for that. We want higher.

Just like some people who expect City to win the title again but hope for Man United or Chelsea or whoever to win.

With Anita we can do it. Speaking of ... let's make this Anita's official song guys!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74JcVeWNbCg

ANITA, ANITAAAAAAAA, ANITA NI NIKOOOOOOLIIIIIIII

jtb

Banned

Yes. But assists are kind of a meaningless stat; it's just whoever touched the ball last before the finish. There's no stat for the countless times he left our defense exposed or lost possession (in a team that lives and dies by its shitty possession stats) by lobbing the ball over everyone else. Yes, he has the best long ball success rate in the premier league. Too bad that rate is still under 1%. Now whether that stuff is Song's fault or Wenger's fault... I don't know.

This could be another chance for us to improve the squad. But only if Wenger is willing to.

11 in the PL I think One of the reasons I am not quite sure everyone is so non fussed about getting rid. Poor DM perhaps but can play a ball or two, not one of the rumoured replacements has even half the number of assists he got last season.

^Poor DM perhaps but don't sell him short he could ping a pass he intentionally played some very good through balls for vanPersie and Walcott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom