• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

arsenal's biggest problems are always the amount of injuries they tend to sustain in a season. it's 2012. wenger needs to modernize his training methods, especially in pre-season because overworking your players during that period is the cause for most muscle-related injuries throughout the season.

3Sixty

Pull into Preston train station and look at this nobhead...

I shit you not.

rYOwdl.jpg

Resized that dick.

Haha wow waste no time.

Saw an Arsenal V.Persie shirt when i was out and about today, poor guy, was this seasons too.

I wouldn't be that pleased to see Hernandez go. But if we get a good offer then we should consider selling him.

But not to a PL club.
We shouldn't sell him full-stop. We need 4 strikers, we now have 4 very good ones and they are all a perfect blend.

Hernandez is still young, he is a brilliant finisher and very popular at the club. It doesn't seem like he wants to leave anytime soon - we shouldn't and I'm sure we won't look to sell him.

And if it did come to pass that he wanted out, as you say, not in the PL, unless it's at least £25m.

Zabojnik

This song is excellent!

ZAPISAL SEM ANITA A LE ZARADI RIMEEE, KER VES DA NA ANGELIKA SE NIC NE PRIMEEEEEEE!!!

ANITA ANITAAAAA, ANITA KI NIKOLIIIIIIIII

The lyrics are strangely fitting too. "Anita ni nikoli sita", Anita is never satisfied. Sexual innuendo, but you can pretend it's about football ambition. :p

Wilbur

Banned
FUCK IT I SAID THE LAST ONES WERE FINAL PREDICTIONS BUT IT'S TOMORROW EEEEEEEEEEKKKKK

Premier League

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
----------
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Newcastle
9. QPR
10. Aston Villa
11. Sunderland
12. Stoke
13. Fulham
14. West Ham
15. Swansea
16. Southampton
17. Norwich
----------
18. Wigan
19. West Brom
20. Reading

Serie A

1. Juventus
2. Inter
3. Roma
----------
4. Napoli
5. Milan
6. Udinese
7. Fiorentina
8. Lazio
9. Palermo
10. Sampdoria
11. Cagliari
12. Genoa
13. Bologna
14. Parma
15. Catania
16. Siena
17. Chievo
----------
18. Atalanta
19. Torino
20. Pescara

La Liga

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico Madrid
4. Valencia
----------
5. Espanyol
6. Sevilla
7. Osasuna
8. Athletic Bilbao
9. Mallorca
10. Deportivo
11. Malaga
12. Granada
13. Real Betis
14. Real Sociedad
15. Levante
16. Getafe
17. Real Zaragoza
----------
18. Rayo Vallecano
19. Valladolid
20. Celta Vigo

Bundesliga

1. Borussia Dortmund
2. Bayern Munich
3. Schalke 04
4. Werder Bremen
----------
5. Bayer Leverkusen
6. Hannover 96
7. Borussia Monchengladbach
8. 1899 Hoffenheim
9. Hamburger SV
10. FSV Mainz 05
11. VFL Wolfsburg
12. Eintracht Frankfurt
13. FC Nuremberg
14. VFB Stuttgart
15. SC Freiburg
----------
16.FC Augsburg
17. Fortuna Dusseldorf
18. Greuther Furth

The Championship

1. Wolverhampton Wanderers
2. Bolton Wanderers
----------
3. Cardiff City
4. Blackburn Rovers
5. Leicester City
6. Leeds United
----------
7. Hull City
8. Blackpool
9. Birmingham City
10. Sheffield Wednesday
11. Middlesbrough
12. Brighton & Hove Albion
13. Nottingham Forest
14. Derby County
15. Watford
16. Charlton Athletic
17. Burnley
18. Crystal Palace
19. Barnsley
20. Huddersfield Town
21. Ipswich Town
----------
22. Peterborough United
23. Bristol City
24. Millwall

PSG to win Ligue One, Porto to win Portuguese Liga, Ajax to win Eredivisie, and I do not know enough about Turkish, Russian leagues etc.

Fry

Song to Barca, Sahin to Arsenal. Would be really surprised to see it happening any other way, to be honest.

Sleepy

Saw an Arsenal V.Persie shirt when i was out and about today, poor guy, was this seasons too.

Damn, that sucks.

Just found out today that Fox Soccer lost La Liga and Serie A...WTF! Now the only place to see them in the states is beIN (?) on Dish or Direct. Talk about killing any forward momentum.

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone saving these predictions so we can make fun of Wilbury each other at the end of the season?

I'll bookmark it now. Might put a cheeky fiver on all that coming true. If I lose, I lose a fiver. If I win, I win like a thousand million dollars

jtb

Banned
Damn, that sucks.

Just found out today that Fox Soccer lost La Liga and Serie A...WTF! Now the only place to see them in the states is beIN (?) on Dish or Direct. Takl about killing and forward momentum.

does ESPN3 still play La Liga/Serie A? That's where I watched all of mine last season; they had the majority of the games (probably all of the televised ones)

Arnie

My half arsed prediction, so Wes cries.

1) City
2) United
3) Arsenal
4) Liverpool - lololololololol
5) Chelsea
6) Spurs
7) Newcastle
8) Sunderland

pappe

Damn, that sucks.

Just found out today that Fox Soccer lost La Liga and Serie A...WTF! Now the only place to see them in the states is beIN (?) on Dish or Direct. Takl about killing and forward momentum.
Contrary to that india, we are gonna get Espn has bought rights for la liga and have awesome Epl coverage and serie A/bundesliga and ligue 1 is gonna be shown on their competitors channel - ten sports and Neo sports.

This is a perfect time to be a football fan in india.

LegoArmo

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham Hotspur
7. Everton
8. Newcastle United
9. Sunderland
10. Aston Villa
11. Queens Park Rangers
12. West Ham United
13. Fulham
14. Stoke
15. Wigan
16. Swansea
17. Southampton
18. West Bromwich Albion
19. Norwich
20. Reading

Capital One Cup: Manchester City
FA Cup: Manchester United
Champions League: Manchester United

Sleepy

does ESPN3 still play La Liga/Serie A? That's where I watched all of mine last season; they had the majority of the games (probably all of the televised ones)

Not from my reading of it. I guess we (States) still will have Champions League...

Contrary to that india, we are gonna get Espn has bought rights for la liga and have awesome Epl coverage and serie A/bundesliga and ligue 1 is gonna be shown on their competitors channel - ten sports and Neo sports.

This is a perfect time to be a football fan in india.

I forgot about Ligue 1...FUCK!

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm not half arsing like the guys doing top 7 and bottom 3 like the rest don't matter! Wes will cry again

I just tut my disapproval at people who fill out 33% of a predicted league then either profane a lack of necessity or lack of willpower to finish it.

I don't think it will (ever) happen, but would you guys be okay with selling Lichtsteiner to PSG for 30M€ if it meant a world class striker signing?

30m? With Isla and Caceres? Yes.

His form really suffered when we switched to a 3-5-2, he's more suited to 4-3-3.

AND WE NEED A STRIKER!

Erm, we don't have Caceres. He'll be out for months :(

Do you guys remember when we had Motta playing RB? Yeah, no. Let's keep Lichtsteiner unless we find a proven RB/RWB who is healthy.

I think I'm going to spend the year watching random EPL games and picking a team to support. I'd like to support Newcastle because I like the team from what I've seen (and their kits :p). But I think this might just be a neutral season for me.

Or I just follow Sir Joseph Barton.

Meier

Damn, that sucks.

Just found out today that Fox Soccer lost La Liga and Serie A...WTF! Now the only place to see them in the states is beIN (?) on Dish or Direct. Talk about killing any forward momentum.

I don't remember Fox Soccer ever playing much La Liga.. but I always enjoyed their Serie A coverage -- the American dude who did the commentary was the best on their channel. Always sounded like he nailed the Italian names!

I really hope TWC gets beIN.. otherwise I will probably end up just canceling my sports package when my 2-year deal is up in November. LOF and ESPN3 makes it mostly irrelevant anyway..

Timurid

FUCK IT I SAID THE LAST ONES WERE FINAL PREDICTIONS
Serie A

1. Juventus
2. Inter
3. Roma
----------
4. Napoli
5. Milan
6. Udinese
7. Fiorentina
8. Lazio
9. Palermo
10. Sampdoria
11. Cagliari
12. Genoa
13. Bologna
14. Parma
15. Catania
16. Siena
17. Chievo
----------
18. Atalanta
19. Torino
20. Pescara
Really now...
You know that Siena starts with -6 points, Atalanta -2, and Sampdoria and Torino both have a 1 point deduction. Well, Torino had a pretty good preseason with a few big victories such as beating Lazio 3-0. Hopefully, we get our preseason form into our match against Lecce tomorrow.

Mastadon

Banned
1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Tottenham Hotspur
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Newcastle United
9. Aston Villa
10. Sunderland
11. Southampton
12. Queens Park Rangers
13. Fulham
14. Swansea
15. Norwich
16. Stoke
17. Wigan
18. West Bromwich Albion
19. West Ham United
20. Reading

That's my effort. 4-7 is a difficult call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom