• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Yes, picking a team with players you like is the way to go. Don't try too hard to understand how the tactician part of the game is, give it time and just enjoy! You'll eventually start to notice some aspects of the game you didn't pay attention to before.

That's why I recommend the Champions League to anyone starting to watch football... there's something very special in those matches.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lich is not exactly a guaranteed starter anymore, but for 15m (lol) he's definitely going no where. He's an absolute monster in a backfour defense <3

Edit:
0.jpg

Actually, scratch that. Lich is not for sale. Fuck off PSG.

I was going to get his name on one of my shirts this season, I guess I'll wait for a week or two.

Mumei

Yes, picking a team with players you like is the way to go. Don't try to hard to understand how the tactician part of the game is, give it time and just enjoy!
That's why I recommend the Champions League to anyone starting to watch football... there's something very special in those matches.

Oh, I don't mean any deep understanding. I don't have a deep tactical understanding of Go, but I still like watching games of far, far better players on KGS because I can read enough of the game. I can more or less see the broader themes, even if most of the minutiae goes over my head. I was the same way about SC; there's a lot going on under the surface that I just don't have the deep intuitive knowledge of the game to properly appreciate.

So I just want a casual fan's level of understanding, really.

elsk

Banned
40 millions for Javi Martinez is still crazy talk.

That will show the board. Their idiotic attitude last year for the Vidal-transfer will end up costing them 40M (or more). Surely they could've signed Vidal for around 20M, but they didn't gave a shit about a new DM back then.

ATF487

Can't wait for tomorrow. I'm gonna wake up, make breakfast with a nice pot of coffee and watch Steve Clarke get PUMPED on the new HDTV

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That will show the board. Their idiotic attitude last year for the Vidal-transfer will end up costing them 40M (or more). Surely they could've signed Vidal for around 20M, but they didn't gave a shit about a new DM back then.

Nerlinger was basically mocking/threatening Leverkusen. Either sell him now for the absolute minimum or risk losing him to us for free.

Pride was at stake, money be damned.

Rudi-Voller-Barcelona-is-the-best-team-in-the-world-134887.jpg

Oh how I love Voller.

Jamie Sanderson &#8207;@YoungGunsBlog
I'm told Arsène Wenger called Nuri Sahin earlier. Personal touch has worked. He would be cover, but Arsenal also want proper DM.

Oh man, if we sell Song and get Nuri & a DM...oh man...

talkSport saying Man United have made a £5m bid for Dembele.

It's TS so very unlikely to be true; assuming it was though...hmm. I'm not sure. Dembele is good but I don't know if he's much better than what we have in CM right now, and he's definitely not better than our options further up the pitch.

elsk

Banned
Nerlinger was basically mocking/threatening Leverkusen. Either sell him now for the absolute minimum or risk losing him to us for free.

Pride was at stake, money be damned.

Rudi-Voller-Barcelona-is-the-best-team-in-the-world-134887.jpg

Oh how I love Voller.

Nerlinger was just a puppet (Thank God he's gone!).
That was the board, not giving a shit about Heynckes recommendation(?) to buy Arturo Vidal. They know the mistake they made and now have to pay 40M for Javi Martínez who is still not as good as Vidal.

Stubo

It's TS so very unlikely to be true; assuming it was though...hmm. I'm not sure. Dembele is good but I don't know if he's much better than what we have in CM right now, and he's definitely not better than our options further up the pitch.
Have you been editing Wiki? :p
Moussa Sidi Yaya Dembélé (born 16 July 1987) is a Belgian footballer who currently plays as a attacking midfielder for Manchester United in the Premier League.

Clegg

Think we'd need to add another 6 or 7 million if we want to sign Dembele. I think he could do a decent job in midfield. Hes a tidy passer and can get forward when needed. Not too sure about his tackling though.

Think we'd need to add another 6 or 7 million if we want to sign Dembele. I think he could do a decent job in midfield. Hes a tidy passer and can get forward when needed. Not too sure about his tackling though.
Think it's his last year of contract so sub-£10m definitely.

kharma45

Didn't know Boswinga signed for QPR! Their defence with Fabio, him and Ryan Nelson at least looks semi decent for a bottom end of the table side.

Clegg

Think it's his last year of contract so sub-£10m definitely.

I know hes in the last year of his contract but £5m still sounds too low to me. It could take an £8m bid just to get Fulham to the bargaining table.

FWIW I think he could do a good job for United, in the PL. Not too sure if he'd cut it in the Champions League though.

Fintan

Anyone doing any bets for tomorrow? I'm finding it difficult to make up an accumulator I'm happy with. With so many new managers, a lot of the teams feel like unknown quantities. Also, I always get these wrong.

kharma45

Anyone doing any bets for tomorrow? I'm finding it difficult to make up an accumulator I'm happy with. With so many new managers, a lot of the teams feel like unknown quantities. Also, I always get these wrong.

I'm leaving it a few weeks yet to see how things shape up.

Mastadon

Banned

Everyone gets them wrong, that's why they're such good odds! I've gone for Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea to win at 15/2. They're really generous odds imo.

Man Utd, Spurs and QPR to win is also quite tempting at 10/1

kharma45

Our old friend @agent_153 at it again

mufc are in negotiations for one final signing. It is being kept top secret in order to not get hijacked by other clubs.

i may be able to bring news on #mufc "secret signing" in the morning, sorry I would love to now but simply can't #sorry

Fucking love Twitter :lol

Salazar

I know hes in the last year of his contract but £5m still sounds too low to me. It could take an £8m bid just to get Fulham to the bargaining table.

Dembele's agent said a while back that they rejected a 10m-ish bid from us.

He has also been spouting on about Real being interested, so one isn't inclined to take him very seriously.

Finally got back in. Fucking GAF servers.

Oh, I don't mean any deep understanding. I don't have a deep tactical understanding of Go, but I still like watching games of far, far better players on KGS because I can read enough of the game. I can more or less see the broader themes, even if most of the minutiae goes over my head. I was the same way about SC; there's a lot going on under the surface that I just don't have the deep intuitive knowledge of the game to properly appreciate.

So I just want a casual fan's level of understanding, really.

You do not want casual fan understanding.. ;)

In my day, we wouldn't have sold a cold to the Mancs

No one is ever going avatar quote you.

Wilbur

Banned
Cardiff 1-0 Huddersfield

What a dog shit match. Nothing to fear from this league if that's the standard and Cardiff are one of the alleged frontrunners.

I enjoyed it up until the end (obviously).

Think we (Town) were generally the better side, just one bloody jammy moment from Cardiff took it away.
If anything I think it was a good sign of things to come for us, we did play well in the friendly at home to Barca B last week as well, though we lost 2-0 the play between the players and some of the runs were fantastic.

May have lost tonight but I have better hopes for the season now.

Watched the game, I thought Huddersfield looked very solid throughout. I predicted Cardiff for third but they don't really look like they have a cutting edge. If they can keep Bellamy fit (LOL) they have a chance.

Fucking hell..

You're crushing me.

It doesn't help that your avatar wears exactly the same clothing as the Auschwitz boy!

I'm going to enjoy watching Bolton this year.

We have a chance at winning something!

I think you'll definitely finish top 6. Probably automatic promotion.

For 5m he'd be a fucking steal but we don't really need players of his ilk in the centre. We need someone with a little more steel about them, someone in the Vidal or Fellaini mould. M'Vila plz

Wilbur

Banned
Good article on Cleverley here guys. Honestly I know it was the Community Shield and all but he completely changed the team last year when he came on, as well as the first games of the season. He doesn't really stand out on his own but he'll be a huge help for the way the team plays.

Fry

Football is back tomorrow, then? Real football?

Time zone; wake up early on a saturday. I most definitely didn't miss that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom