• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Never liked him for some reason, I think it might be that he looks so happy all the time. No-one should be that happy, makes me suspicious.

Or it could be that his nickname means "little-pea". I mean, who the fuck calls themselves "little-pea".

Fuck 'em

Aye, the 'PEAGOD LITTLE PEA' berks on here don't help.

Regardless, I just find his face irksome.

Wilbur

Banned
I like Reina.

Most of them though I just don't care about. They're unspectacular.

I only really dislike Suarez.

Reina's alright. Skrtel's an angry bastard, Agger's a glue sniffer (cheers Wooden), Gerrard and Carragher are bell ends, I pity Downing, Charlie Adam's a fucking shit pipe, Suarez is most definitely a fallen angel that has taken over a corner of Satan's hell.

The rest are there.

Oh yeah, Adam is a shithouse.

I don't really dislike Stevie G. He's their beloved and stuff so yeah I guess, do one Steven. But meh, he's a good player and it's just part of the rivalry.

I would probably dislike them more if they rivalled us more closely on the pitch. When they did I just disliked Rafa tbh but it wasn't for long. Nowadays cos they're well down the table I don't really care too much cos there's no real threat as such.

bud

Can't believe you guys didn't like Park or don't like Valencia.

I have no problem liking players from rival teams tbh. I love Aguero. David Luiz is a hero. Lucas Leiva is class.

the only united player i genuinely think is world class is rooney. i like him a lot.

the rest ranges from decent to not entirely bad to downright awful. i seem to be alone in this, though.

i have no problem like players from other teams to be honest nor do i hate any other teams. that's just taking things a bit too far.

edit: i'm not talking about their character.

the only united player i genuinely think is world class is rooney. i like him a lot.

the rest ranges from decent to not entirely bad to downright awful. i seem to be alone in this, though.
Vidic is more world class than Rooney.

Otherwise I agree.

Arnie

I don't really dislike Stevie G. He's their beloved and stuff so yeah I guess, do one Steven. But meh, he's a good player and it's just part of the rivalry.

I would probably dislike them more if they rivalled us more closely on the pitch. When they did I just disliked Rafa tbh but it wasn't for long. Nowadays cos they're well down the table I don't really care too much cos there's no real threat as such.
Conversely, when we consistently out play you it feels sweeter.

Manchester United buying RvP would end up being the worst transfer in this window, idiotic because of:

a) Their financial situation.
b) Having 3 good strikers in Welbeck, Hernandez and Rooney. (And Berba is still there!)
c) Having Kagawa, who will make almost impossible to use more than one striker at the time. You have to play 4411. Or play 4-3-1-2 and drop the wingers (I don't see this happening).

a) You don't understand the financial situation.
b) Rotation. Welbeck and Rooney are versatile enough to play on the wings, if necessary. Berba will likely get sold when/if RVP comes. Chicharito has played himself into the super-sub role.
c) 433. In the big games: RVP up-front, Valencia/Nani on the right, Kagawa and Rooney interchanging between the left wing and the hole. An injury to one of those players and the formation becomes less variable, as it will knowing our record.

Buying RVP could end up a fantastic signing. I just don't think it's likely to actually happen.

Wilbur

Banned

I didn't really dislike Rafa, I wanted them to lose because they were pushing us all the way obviously but it wasn't because of Rafa. Last year though I wasn't feeling them at all. Dalglish and Suarez made me utterly detest them.

Yes I'm not surprised. When we play Liverpool, especially at Anfield, I expect a loss. I feel more pressure to win than anything, a win is relief more than excitement.

It's annoying mainly because of things like your favourite "consistently out-play you" line. I don't really agree with it but you beat us often enough that there isn't much to say. Ah well. The league titles will do for me.

Wilbur

Banned

You're like the plucky underdog that picks it up against the big team.

You are Wigan.

In seriousness though I haven't looked forward to a trip to Anfield for a long time.

Salazar

Only because he's bereft of personality.

Trash. You should watch his Running Man ep.

AV8r7.jpg

Arnie

Yes I'm not surprised. When we play Liverpool, especially at Anfield, I expect a loss. I feel more pressure to win than anything, a win is relief more than excitement.

It's annoying mainly because of things like your favourite "consistently out-play you" line. I don't really agree with it but you beat us often enough that there isn't much to say. Ah well. The league titles will do for me.

In general, under Kenny, I felt comfortable playing the likes of Chelsea, United, and Arsenal. We even bested City, who were fortunate not to lose at Anfield, and did lose in CC. It's the smaller teams who posed us the biggest problems.

You are Wigan.

In seriousness though I haven't looked forward to a trip to Anfield for a long time.
We haven't played well at Anfield in years. Even when we had a great team.

Our best performance recently has to be last season's FA Cup game when we didn't even play our best team. Actually felt unlucky we lost that one. I can't remember a good performance from us there in years.

Clegg

I think the Torres shits on Vidic thing is a myth that was propelled after the one time he genuinely played Vidic off the park.

Every other game Nemanja dealt with Torres pretty well.

bud

what i hate about liverpool is that i'll watch them play and think to myself "fuck, this is so bad!" but then i'll enter this thread, and there'll be people saying they played great pass-and-move football and that it looked pretty good overall except for the not-scoring part.

Arnie

You are Wigan.

It's true. As a club we've just got more heart, and in a straight one on one that shows through.

Simple as.

what i hate about liverpool is that i'll watch them play and think to myself "fuck, this is so bad!" but then i'll enter this thread, and there'll be people saying they played great pass-and-move football and that it looked pretty good overall except for the not-scoring part.

I thought you supported Arsenal?

Fintan

It's hard not to appreciate talent in a player regardless of their team, as long as they're not a total JT. Conversely there's some player's whose personality/charisma makes you like them. I just don't feel incredibly negatively about many players.

Clegg

Really?

IMO the Liverpool fans on this thread have been very critical of the way the team plays.

Are you sure you're not thinking of RAWK?

bud

what i hate about chelsea is that they have lots of money yet their players still so old and stale, and they lack creativity. and instead of signing a new manager, they gave di matteo a new contract.

Arnie

Suarez is a little shit. I'm not looking forward to his antics this season which I'm sure will be many.

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd dislike any decent opposing player that signs a new contract for their current club. Just rubs it in.

Imagine we sign RVP and he scores a volley at Anfield again.

Man, that would be the bestest.

Plz Fagie.

RVP's goals at Anfield were made by Sagna and Song.

Can't see Kagawa placing such a sumptuous ball through from central midfield.

Messi

Is it wrong that I like Suarez? Sure he fucked up over that racism thing...but...I don't know. He is an exciting player to watch.

Edit: Also while I am at it, I lost alot of respect for him and Evra over that whole thing. Evra celebrating like he won the fucking olympics after beating liverpool made my blood boil, when no one else was celebrating. What a asshole. Sahould have been bigger than that.

bud

Really?

IMO the Liverpool fans on this thread have been very critical of the way the team plays.

Are you sure you're not thinking of RAWK?

i've seen plenty of posts last season of liverpool fans saying that their team played good, pretty football and that the only thing that was missing was scoring goals. that really rubs me the wrong way even though i, and all of us, could clearly see that it was shit.

Arnie

At least he isn't Evra.
Exactly.

Nail on the head.

Is it wrong that I like Suarez? Sure he fucked up over that racism thing...but...I don't know. He is an exciting player to watch.

Not at all. Plus he's a humble guy off the field, just loses it a bit in the heat of the moment.

You lot are doomed this season. Romping past Gormless FC may have given you hope, but Rodgers will be resorting to paranoid insinuations about the FA by October.
At least we didn't resign Danny Murphy to make our midfield function.

Favourite opposition players? That's an easy one. Yaya Toure and David Silva. Sublime players you can't help but respect. I'd have said Wilshere before the injuries set in, but I do think Song is a bit underrated. Ramires too.

what i hate about chelsea is that they have lots of money yet their players still so old and stale, and they lack creativity. and instead of signing a new manager, they gave di matteo a new contract.

RDM just won the CL and FA Cup. I'm sure the knives are being sharpened, but it's difficult to fire a manager after that.

I just can't have Suarez. Obv. I would say that...but seriously, I genuinely think he behaves in a despicable way on the pitch.

He moans, whines, dives, throws his arms about...all that stuff that puts you off anyway, but there's a nasty side to him too IMO. Seeing that clip of him pulling Rafael's hair made my mind up for certain. I just can't imagine what has to be going through your head to do something as low as that. It's truly pathetic cringe-worthy behaviour.

Just can't stand him. I'm sure he's a nice guy off the pitch, but that doesn't really interest me so y'know.

Very good player though, think he will have a great season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom