• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

ibscOlmhSKiBTn.gif

I remember when Kenneth came back and then that season Liverpool beat us (3-1?) at Anfield and the fans sang Happy Birthday to him and I was watching it thinking "this is the worst".

Then he got sacked.

That was better.

I used to hate Sami Hyypia, dude used to always seem to get his head to every corner and scored a few too from corners. His face pissed me off too

Also kuyts accent annoys me

Dalglish gave me an insight into how much people must hate Fagie.

He was so bitter and grumpy and old and moany. Fergie's similar but happens to be very good at his job.

And yes we all know Kenny is a magnificent man whilst Fergie's a dick blah blah.

Again, aren't you an Arsenal fan?
I think he just hates everything apart from Arsenal lol.

Wilbur

Banned
Dalglish gave me an insight into how much people must hate Fagie.

He was so bitter and grumpy and old and moany. Fergie's similar but happens to be very good at his job.

And yes we all know Kenny is a magnificent man whilst Fergie's a dick blah blah.

I think he just hates everything apart from Arsenal lol.

I thought the same last season hahaha. I honestly thought "Christ if this is what Fergie's like with the added caveat of actually being good at his job he must be loathed"

Such a blasé attitude to trophies had me wondering.

:lol

bud

Such a blasé attitude to trophies had me wondering.

it's not a blase attitude towards trophies. i'm just baffled as to why someone would bring up throphies some guy won twenty years ago and compare them with united's past season.

Wilbur

Banned
it's not a blase attitude towards trophies. i'm just baffled as to why someone would bring up throphies some guy won twenty years ago and compare them with united's past season.

I'd love to say that's true but he didn't. Liverpool won the Carling Cup remember?

Arnie

He brought up the trophy he won last season, not the multitude of trophies he won in the 80s.

Speaking of prestigious trophies they should bring back the Intertoto Cup. I couldn't even imagine the celebration on the streets of Newcastle after winning the 2006 edition.

ShogunX

One day you'll lift that glorified tray and dream of holding atop it a Sports Direct mug filled with Liverpool's online shop's very own champagne: 'Brendan Rodgers Esq. 2012-13, Gone but not Forgotten'

I got one of those high quality mugs for buying a certain amount of random shite from Sports Direct only for my wife to give it away as a father's day present.

Was considering a divorce.

Wilbur

Banned
I got one of those high quality mugs for buying a certain amount of random shite from Sports Direct only for my wife to give it away as a father's day present.

Was considering a divorce.

Do it, you can't run the risk of her doing it first and ending up on Mike Ashley's arm peddling durable bags for 29p every time you go to a counter and fighting Derek Llambias for the cover

Chilean press are saying that Angelo Henriquez will have a medical at United in the next few days.

Is it odd I'd rather him than RVP?

elsk

Banned
Chilean press are saying that Angelo Henriquez will have a medical at United in the next few days.

I'm guessing the City interest made United rush to close the deal. You think he will be loaned out to U de Chile or to an european club?

Wilbur

Banned
I'm guessing the City interest made United rush to close the deal. You think he will be loaned out to U de Chile (or to a european club)?

I'd rather keep him where he's comfortable for a half season or so; for young players moving from somewhere in Central/South America must be a huge difference.

Would be good to see him guaranteed some first team football as well. Annoyed me when QPR got Macheda and he played fuck all.

According to Wikipedia we can sign henriquez for £4mill any time between now and 2014. That true?
I believe so.

If we do actually make the signing official I would guess he would be loaned back to U de Chile for another season. He's still very young. He has been over to Carrington a couple of times already though.

Damn... Hulk has been giving out his goodbye speech to Brazilian journalists... Looks like we're really gonna lose him for good this year...

Nooooooooooo!

K1LLER7

I'm guessing the City interest made United rush to close the deal. You think he will be loaned out to U de Chile or to an european club?
Muppet mode: Sign both him and RVP, Loan him to Arsenal for a year so Wenger sells.

How old is he?

Salvadora

Everton have joined the host of clubs wanting to sign M'Baye Niang and the Caen striker will visit the club this week as he considers a move to the Premier League.

Niang, a 17-year-old who has made two appearances for France Under-21s, has been subject of a failed £5m bid from Arsenal and has also been linked with Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur and Milan. The teenager trained with Arsenal for a week this summer but, with the Gunners' initial offer rejected by Caen, Spurs and now Everton hope to capitalise with a £6m deal.

The Goodison Park club banked an initial £12m from City for Jack Rodwell on Monday, although the fee could rise beyond £15m depending on club and personal achievements. David Moyes will have the bulk of the £12m to reinvest and wants to add a striker and right-sided midfielder to his squad.

Niang, who can also operate out wide, will meet Moyes and visit Everton's Finch Farm training ground over the coming days as he ponders several career options.

The Everton manager has also enquired about Clint Dempsey but is unlikely to pursue the Fulham forward, who is in the final 12 months of his contract at Craven Cottage and a target for Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool.
The fuck
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/13/everton-mbaye-niang-target?newsfeed=true

Yeah. He's not ours in a bulletproof sense, though. We need to get on with it.

I believe so.

If we do actually make the signing official I would guess he would be loaned back to U de Chile for another season. He's still very young. He has been over to Carrington a couple of times already though.

Hmm yeah it seems City's "scouts" read the papers and saw him linked to us so informed marwood to sign him.

He's very young though wouldn't want him rushed into first team action too quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom