• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

choodi

Banned
To settle the argument, every Liverpool and Manchester United player and manager is a JT of the highest order.

That is what every other fan of every other club thinks.

We also think the fans of both clubs who argue about whether Suarez or Evra is the bigger JT are JTs of the highest order too.

Besides, we all know JT is the biggest JT anyway

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=JT

We need to revise our abbreviations

Actually sounds fairly accurate

An amazing Masterpiece of a man, known to be a Lion in the sheets with the women, he has a bad-ass attitude because of his hard life, yet is still a romantic and seducer at heart and the ladies thighs become wet when they are around him, his intelligence is profound, his physical body sensual and divine, his presence dominates everything in his sight, and he makes your world a better place for him being in your life

panty

Wilbury has the code for the GAF fantasy league.

Ask him later.

WILBUURRYYY GIVEE MEE THEE COODEEE.

4pG5V.png

I have no idea what I'm doing.
It looks like Luka Modric is going to Madrid for 25m pounds. Sahin will be arriving to arsenal very soon hopefully.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-real-madrid-reach-25m-agreement-for-modric

Even though this is probably shit, but NO NO NO NO. Modric is so overpriced/rated whatever. Madrid doesn't need him, what a fucking useless singing that would be.

MPW

Even though this is probably shit, but NO NO NO NO. Modric is so overpriced/rated whatever. Madrid doesn't need him, what a fucking useless singing that would be.

this

im surprised mourinho all of a sudden forgot about RB position where we need to sign a good player

GorillaJu

WILBUURRYYY GIVEE MEE THEE COODEEE.

4pG5V.png

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Ameobi sucks and Routledge isn't a starter but otherwise that's not a bad team .

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
Modric passion 2 play for RM and 4 Mou (and passion is the word) will beat all. He is upset with Levy but Spurs doing what they have to do
開く
返信 リツイート お気に入りに登録
7分 Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
Xabi Alonso will continue at Real Madrid. The regular rumours about a return to Liverpool have got no foundations
開く
返信 リツイート お気に入りに登録
8分 Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
.... Tello is shy and not convinced yet about moving abroad. His agent and Barcelona trying to meet today or tomorrow
開く
返信 リツイート お気に入りに登録
9分 Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
Liverpool favourites to get Tello on loan. If they offer enough they could buy him. Atletico Madrid second favourites. One doubt...
開く
返信 リツイート お気に入りに登録
10分 Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
Morning. Liverpool feel they have done enough to convince Sahin but nothing confirmed yet. Madrid want a resolution this week
開く
返信 リツイート お気に入りに登録

panty

"Xabi Alonso will continue at Real Madrid" What is this nonsense, he was leaving?

FaFEn.png

Any better, yes, no, call me maybe

GorillaJu

What the ring is not a cheap imitation: the mirror is Barcelona, ​​the national team, the Spanish. Pepe Reina is playing ball this season more than in all the Dalglish era. If you want more tracks look around, the center of the field that aims Rodgers: Joe Allen (Swansea's new signing), Lucas Leiva and Nuri Sahin, all shorter and stumps.

Sahin said no to the opportunity to be part of the transfer of Modric and now take weeks hearing from Xabi Alonso mouth of the benefits of a special club where he could play regularly. Apparently, Xabi work is paying off and Sahin seems convinced. A year at Anfield will give you the confidence (and rhythm) of scarce. Ian Ayre, executive director of the English club, is in Spain because he and Rodgers believes it Sahin (and perhaps Tello) is more than possible.
'

Hilarious translation.

This ones for you, Sal.

"Xabi Alonso will continue at Real Madrid" What is this nonsense, he was leaving?

FaFEn.png

Any better, yes, no, call me maybe

Drop Sinclair too. Hes 7.0 and may not be playing much this season if he moves to Swansea. Bendtner on his way out too. Graham, Petric, Lambert are all good 6.0 priced striekrs.

Xabi was never leaving, he just isn't signing a new contract, so Liverpool fans all assume that means he wants to come home.

Salazar

Oh good. Ian Ayre in Spain.

Picking up more cockbrained ideas about how a distribution of tv revenue that enriches the rich would be a wonderful thing for English football.

GorillaJu

Oh good. Ian Ayre in Spain.

Picking up more cockbrained ideas about how a distribution of tv revenue that enriches the rich would be a wonderful thing for English football.

You love to make a mountain out of a mole hill, don't you. Offhand comments from club execs mean so little, and even though I disagree on the whole, it's not as if he didn't have a point.

GorillaJu

Henry Winter has come around to the virtues of the Super Tom.

Oui.

David Gill's promises about future signings are rock solid.

Mixture of repugnant and daft.

It was an arrogant thing to support, but all club execs act purely in the interest of their employers. Thank god the decisions like TV rights are left up to the league.

I'm just not surprised and therefore not put off by people like Ian Ayre.

dc89

Anyway, RVP to United won't happen.

We also won't sign a top class CM.

Fagie plz.

Why won't Fergie buy a CM? Is he hoping Super Tom is going to carry Anderson?

We lost 2-3 to Blackburn at Old Trafford.

That loss cost us the league...

The Everton 4-4 was worse :(

Both killer games. But I'd say 6-1 was worse because it did your GD no favors.

The question is which would you want.

And Tevez is a total berk.

If he's turned a new leaf, and the coaching staff believe he has because of his attitude over the summer, lost a stone since the end of the season then Tevez could be instrumental this season.

hey dc, what was the day RVP signed for City gonna be called? Might need to borrow that.

Persday I believe. Vanday wasn't as popular.

Scottday is coming

Scottday or Sinday?

I got that feeling as well. 3-1 was probably the fairest score on the balance of play but at one point I saw at least five going in. Luiz was playing like someone had replaced his legs with curly wurlies

3-1 until the last fucking minute haha. Utterly inexperienced defence but cockrings like Evra had no excuse that day.

That Silva pass to Dzeko was fucking divine, however

Let's see Shinji pull a pass like that off, and then I'll believe.

"I reckon West Ham will win this come May http://t.co/9ShI9Lcd "
Ian Abrahams. Please tell me he is joking.

dc89

GO SSN NOW!

Kompany speaks on RVP.

Edit: lol. Sky. He's hardly urged him, he just said 'any team he plays for will be stronger.'

Wilbur

Banned
:lol :lol :lol

Seriously, just look at the gif of Evra celebrating in front of Suarez. He's the biggest JT in the league, in which HAS John Terry himself.

http://i.minus.com/iCn6MOjdeRcSr.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

Rubbish. Suarez and JT are far worse. Evra's just a petulant prick who has turned shit. Can't believe anyone would suggest he's actually more of a dickhead than the other two.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dembele talking up Real Madrid interest again. Hopefully they just buy him and leave Modric alone.

GorillaJu

Shinji isn't even the same tier of player as David Silva, I'm sorry to say. I love the guy, but United fans thinking that he's going to be as creative as Silva is for City or Spain are deluded, sadly.

Wilbur

Banned
Shinji isn't even the same tier of player as David Silva, I'm sorry to say. I love the guy, but United fans thinking that he's going to be as creative as Silva is for City or Spain are deluded, sadly.

He was better for Dortmund last season than Silva was for City. Silva had a fantastic start but faded badly.

Kozak

Banned

This. The guy may be great but he isn't coming to carry your team. Give it a few seasons till we start naming him one of the legends of the game.

He was better for Dortmund last season than Silva was for City. Silva had a fantastic start but faded badly.

Difference between EPL and Bundesliga though..

Even Huntelaar does well in Bundesliga.

Wilbur

Banned
This. The guy may be great but he isn't coming to carry your team. Give it a few seasons till we start naming him one of the legends of the game.

Personally I don't think anyone's doing that. Nor did anyone make a direct correlation with Kagawa's quality and Silva's (until me a minute ago). But the point was that Kagawa is able to make passes like Silva has - perhaps not with as much consistency or overall quality - but to say otherwise as if Kagawa's never done it just implies dc is speaking from an uneducated perspective.

elsk

Banned

Just wait for Kagawa to score 2 and assist 2 against Liverpool.
But I kind of agree Kagawa and Silva are not the same kind of player, Kagawa is more offensive.

Ushojax

Sandro set to miss Tottenham opener

Villas-Boas has scheduled a later training time for Thursday's session at Spurs Lodge in the hope that his various international players will be able to join in, having returned to London. But even if Sandro were to train and do so again on Friday, before the squad fly to Newcastle, it would represent a gamble for the manager to pick him.

Sandro's match fitness is not in question and he is known for his stamina but Villas-Boas's 4-3-3 system is different from that of his predecessor, Harry Redknapp, who played 4-4-2, and Sandro would have very little time to practise in it. Villas-Boas met Sandro at the Brazil Olympic squad's hotel in Hertfordshire to discuss the new season and it is clear that the 23-year-old is integral to his thinking. But it is a source of frustration to Villas-Boas that he has not yet seen him on the training field.

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo

Please, for the love of jebus, play Sandro. I don't give a shit if he doesn't know the new manager and his system, I can't handle seeing Jenas starting again. Play Vertonghen in midfield if you must, just not Jenas. Fuck.

GorillaJu

Lol You're the one underestimating him.

I can all but guarantee you that I have seen Kagawa play more games than any of you United fans. And I never said he was bad, or that he wasn't very good. I've just seen a lot of people here with an attitude as if United's problems with creativity are completely solved, or that they're all of the sudden going to be a team transformed by this signing. I don't think he'll have THAT big of an impact.

I'm not underestimating him, I've seen enough of his play to get a good understanding of what his level is. It's not at Silva's or Mata's level, for example.

feel

Rubbish. Suarez and JT are far worse. Evra's just a petulant prick who has turned shit. Can't believe anyone would suggest he's actually more of a dickhead than the other two.
I'm sorry but that thing Evra pulled off by not presenting his hand properly, and then going for the handshake only after Suarez skipped him to make it seem like Suarez was the one who didn't want to shake it was the ultimate JT move. Not to speak of the mocking celebration, or big thing that lead to all of this that I won't even mention. Fuck Evra, top JT.

Salazar

I've just seen a lot of people here with an attitude as if United's problems with creativity are completely solved, or that they're all of the sudden going to be a team transformed by this signing.

Not really a fair characterisation. Well, insufficiently fair to level at "a lot of people".

We scored a fuckton of goals for a side with creative problems, tbh. Having strength on both wings has got us a long fucking way. Slotting a highly competent central playmaker in stands a good chance of taking our attacking play to a new level.

Ushojax

I'm sorry but that thing Evra pulled off by not presenting his hand properly, and then going for the handshake only after Suarez skipped him to make it seem like Suarez was the one who didn't want to shake it was the ultimate JT move.

1280680128_brick-in-the-washing-machine.gif

GorillaJu

I'm sorry but that thing Evra pulled off by not presenting his hand properly, and then going for the handshake only after Suarez skipped him to make it seem like Suarez was the one who didn't want to shake it was the ultimate JT move. Not to speak of the mocking celebration, or big thing that lead to all of this that I won't even mention. Fuck Evra, top JT.

I'm willing to never mention the kerfuffle again with his trial and all the shit that came with it, but it makes my blood boil see people liken Suarez to John Terry. Suarez is a stand up guy.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm willing to never mention the kerfuffle again with his trial and all the shit that came with it, but it makes my blood boil see people liken Suarez to John Terry. Suarez is a stand up guy.

Don't think I've ever seen anyone act as bad as Suarez on a pitch (apart from Roy Keane)

*purses lips*

Wilbur

Banned
Or Cantona?

Suarez is like an unruly child on the pitch. Off it he's a really nice person.

Cantona had one incident that was truly truly awful. Didn't act like a pleb all the time. I get that Suarez has this incredible desire to win and that's admirable in a way. But when he's whinging and diving in friendlies, pulling people's hair etc... I just can't stand him.

His daughter's cute though.

edit: at United, I should say, Cantona was a dick when he was younger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom