• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Sergio underwent thorough examination and it was established no serious injury had occurred - although he had suffered a hard blow to the knee. Kun had to leave the pitch at 8 during Man City´s encounter against Southampton.

That's on Aguero's website. Don't want to get my hopes up too much though.

elkayes

I can´t belive its only 4 more days...

Prediction time!

1. Bayern München (I´d put money on it. In fact, I did)
2. Borussia Dortmund
3. VfB Stuttgart
4. Schalke 04
5. Bayer Leverkusen
6. Vfl Wolfsburg (the squad is good enough for euro leaque. Which won´t kep magath from making 20 transfers next summer)
7. Hannover 96
8. 1899 Hoffenheim (meh)
9. Borussia M´gladbach (Fans petition to bring reus back)
10. 1. FC Nürnberg
11. Werder Bremen (Rebuilding is hard)
12. Mainz 05 (not enough depth. Get saved by transfers in January [again])
13. Hamburger SV (what a mess of a season. Not that anyone expected anything else)
14. SpVgg Greuther Fürth
15. Sc Freiburg
16. Eintracht Frankfurt (and loose two relegation games to paderborn. Fans throw 20 smoek bombs in two minutes)
17. FC Augsburg
18. Fortuna Düsseldorf (Everyone is sad to see them go)

Arnie

Saw a Gary Neville retweet.. MNF rehearsals. Do you guys use the term Monday Night Football in the UK as well? :lol
Yep, it's the name of the programme on Sky.
You can always put on a golden tie and pretend you're you-know-who, they'll give him away for free.
Sorry, couldn't resist. I hate Genoa's president Preziosi with a true passion.
This is a Serie A reference I don't really understand, but I hope they accept a lowball bid in the summer.
If not having Aguero is the difference between winning or losing at Liverpool, I am going to be disappointed. We have the team to cope with Liverpool in any formation and should win handsomely.

That is not to say Liverpool can't win. They proved their mettle against the big teams last season and did beat us in that cup game. I'm still annoyed by that Richards penalty...
You've got the 'team' to cope with anyone in the league, on paper you're head and shoulders above the rest. That didn't stop United coming so close to winning the league, or Liverpool bossing you at Anfield in both the league and the Carling Cup.

But you're right, that Richards penalty was incredibly harsh. Saying that, I'm in no mood to start sympathising with other teams about conceding soft penalties.

elsk

Banned
I can´t belive its only 4 more days...

Prediction time!

1. Bayern München (I´d put money on it. In fact, I did)
2. Borussia Dortmund
3. VfB Stuttgart
4. Schalke 04
5. Bayer Leverkusen
6. Vfl Wolfsburg (the squad is good enough for euro leaque. Which won´t kep magath from making 20 transfers next summer)
7. Hannover 96
8. 1899 Hoffenheim (meh)
9. Borussia M´gladbach (Fans petition to bring reus back)
10. 1. FC Nürnberg
11. Werder Bremen (Rebuilding is hard)
12. Mainz 05 (not enough depth. Get saved by transfers in January [again])
13. Hamburger SV (what a mess of a season. Not that anyone expected anything else)
14. SpVgg Greuther Fürth
15. Sc Freiburg
16. Eintracht Frankfurt (and loose two relegation games to paderborn. Fans throw 20 smoek bombs in two minutes)
17. FC Augsburg
18. Fortuna Düsseldorf (Everyone is sad to see them go)

No way Wolfsburg or Leverkusen are going to end up that high. I expected Hannover to finish #6. I think HSV are going to relegation spots this season, with Fink being sacked at some point.

Haha, that's pretty good. I wish someone giffed the big ol fat Soton fan yesterday. Holy hell, my fiancee lost her shit when he was flopping around.

SOUTHAMPTON-FAN.gif

elkayes

No way Wolfsburg or Leverkusen are going to end up that high. I expected Hannover to finish #6. I think HSV are going to relegation spots this season, with Fink being sacked at some point.

Oh there´s no doubt that Fink is going to get sacked. You don´t really expect a HSV coach to last a season.

But you're right, that Richards penalty was incredibly harsh. Saying that, I'm in no mood to start sympathising with other teams about conceding soft penalties.

Yeah those penalties were extremely harsh. I thought the Agger one was especially so, it was quite blatantly Long just looking for any touch to go down. I hate that players are rewarded for that sort of thing. Agger didn't impede him in any way.

I was reminded by the silliness of the Richards decision when yesterday a Southampton player was blocking a shot and the ball hit his leg, which then caused it to hit his hand. It's not a penalty whatsoever, but the inconsistency is something worth noting.

Arnie

Yeah those penalties were extremely harsh. I thought the Agger one was especially so, it was quite blatantly Long just looking for any touch to go down. I hate that players are rewarded for that sort of thing. Agger didn't impede him in any way.

I was reminded by the silliness of the Richards decision when yesterday a Southampton player was blocking a shot and the ball hit his leg, which then caused it to hit his hand. It's not a penalty whatsoever, but the inconsistency is something worth noting.

Yes, the commentator mentioned the Richards incident in particular so it sparked my memory too. If the ball ricochets off another part of the body, and picks up speed, how is a player meant to prevent his hand from coming into contact with the ball? Some rules in football just baffle me.

Skrtel signs new contract.

Surprised James Richardson, of all people, doesn't know that a 'plea bargan' in the Italian sporting justice system doesn't require or imply an admission of guilt.

Been at my friends new house in London since friday and he doesn't have tv or internet yet so missed all the action this weekend. So first of all LOL Liverpool. Back in time for the game tonight thankfully, hopefully we don't fuck up.

Arnie

Been at my friends new house in London since friday and he doesn't have tv or internet yet so missed all the action this weekend. So first of all LOL Liverpool. Back in time for the game tonight thankfully, hopefully we don't fuck up.

Jelavic hat trick, book it.

Arnie

An Everton win would go a long way to making me feel better after Arsenal's lacklustre performance.

Both Arsenal and Tottenham went a long way to helping me feel better about our loss, sadly. The worst part about such a lacklustre performance is waiting a whole week to rectify it, I hope the players are hungry to put it right.

Zabojnik

This is a Serie A reference I don't really understand, but I hope they accept a lowball bid in the summer.

Genoa are basically Milan's and Inter's feeder club. (Well, actually, they'll feed anyone who comes knocking with enough money, but when it comes to the AC/Merde, they just step aside and go 'whatever you need, my lords!')

Lucifer, you're giving Cassano and paying €7m for Pazzini? REALLY? God. Not even based Beppe can save you guys from yourselves.

All of a sudden, Matri for 15m looks like a bargain. Christ almighty.... That puts Pazzini at a, what, a €20m valuation?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Pazzini = Llorente?

Arnie

Got my old job back (for a few months at least)! Children will be cowering in fear!
Are you Martin Skrtel's chauffeur?
Genoa are basically Milan's and Inter's feeder club. (Well, actually, they'll feed anyone who comes knocking with enough money, but when it comes to the AC/Merde, they just step aside and go 'whatever you need, my lords!')
I hope they're as lenient as you say, Destro looks a real talent.

elsk

Banned
Milan is a fucking circus, just making a Cassano-Pazzini swap is plain idiotic. Surely they are doing that to save some money from Cassano wages, right?

I'd take Pazzini, yeah, but that was in a swap for Quagliarella. I wouldn't pay money for the chump. Cazzo... Shouldn't have bought Ibra in the first place if this was going to be the financial situation they'd end up in.

The fucked up thing is that they couldn't afford Llorente, I don't think, given that they'll need to swap Cassano and cash for Pazzini. But what I want to know is where is all the money going? Presumably some is locked up for Kaka/whoever in the middle, but where's the rest of the money from Ibra/Silva sale?

Edit: Elsk, they are doing it because Cassano wants out of a team who is in the rebuilding phase (because of financials). They need a striker, so they figure they may as well go for Pazzini. Probably has little to do with wages, as I'm pretty sure Cassano's are in line with most of the team.

Never got what the deal with them buying players and selling them instantly without even playing them once is. Apparently Palermo are buying Steve von Bergen who only just signed for Genoa and I remember them doing that shit before.

7flb0.jpg

Genoa are like a credit card company. They make money on transaction fees. They do tons of business and the little bit of money they get from bumping up the price by 10-20% keeps them very profitable. They are also a team who signs foreign players and passes them on to others to avoid the 2 non-EU slot rule.

Basically they're scum.

Milan is a fucking circus, just making a Cassano-Pazzini swap is plain idiotic. Surely they are doing that to save some money from Cassano wages, right?
Ibra and Thiago left, he's feeling lonely. He'll earn a little more at Inter (>3m), while Pazzini will earn a little less with us (around 2,5m). So we would save around 500k, I guess.
Lucifer, you're giving Cassano and paying €7m for Pazzini? REALLY? God. Not even based Beppe can save you guys from yourselves.

All of a sudden, Matri for 15m looks like a bargain. Christ almighty.... That puts Pazzini at a, what, a €20m valuation?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Pazzini = Llorente?
Berlusconi wasn't sure about it, Inter is asking for 10m, Galliani is willing to pay 6m. But yeah, this summer has been an major fuck up, except Zapata. But with Thiago gone, that's pretty useless. Oh and Seedorf left, something good actually happened.

Btw, he's the one who asked to leave, everybody thought he was pretty happy with us. You know, after what happened with his heart surgery last year and everything.
I'd take Pazzini, yeah, but that was in a swap for Quagliarella. I wouldn't pay money for the chump. Cazzo... Shouldn't have bought Ibra in the first place if this was going to be the financial situation they'd end up in.

The fucked up thing is that they couldn't afford Llorente, I don't think, given that they'll need to swap Cassano and cash for Pazzini. But what I want to know is where is all the money going? Presumably some is locked up for Kaka/whoever in the middle, but where's the rest of the money from Ibra/Silva sale?

Edit: Elsk, they are doing it because Cassano wants out of a team who is in the rebuilding phase (because of financials). They need a striker, so they figure they may as well go for Pazzini. Probably has little to do with wages, as I'm pretty sure Cassano's are in line with most of the team.
The fun thing is that Inter is rebuilding as well (maybe they're a little ahead of us, as of today). The rest of the money from Thiago and Ibra is with Finivest now, they helped Milan with this year's debts, Milan gave their money back after that sale. Just like what happened with Kakà in 2009, and Sheva three years earlier.

Hixx

Wow the City dressing room has had a bit of a makeover.

check%20out%20the%20boys%20refurbed%20dressing%20room.ashx

This is like someone has been given a budget to do something with the room. Nothing needed doing. So they bought and stuck any old shit in it. Backlights and car seats ffs!

Mumei

I don't suppose you guys would have recommendations for (relatively inexpensive) DVD sets that have collections of particularly good games, do you? I don't have a particular league or event in mind.

I don't suppose you guys would have recommendations for (relatively inexpensive) DVD sets that have collections of particularly good games, do you? I don't have a particular league or event in mind.

I think most DVD sets is really just highlights of games, but if you can actually find dvds of full matches something like Liverpool - Mílan champions league finale and second leg Chelsea vs. Liverpool 2009 champions league and are classics.

Fuck, why so much liverpool... :(

Also check out the extended highlights for Manchester Citys last game last season (34 min)

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/match-highlights/2012/may/city-v-qpr-extended-highlights

Zabojnik

But what I want to know is where is all the money going? Presumably some is locked up for Kaka/whoever in the middle, but where's the rest of the money from Ibra/Silva sale?

Last I heard, Berlusconi's Fininvest will have to pay a gigantic 560M€ fine in relation to the 'Lodo Mondadori' case. I guess they have to start cutting where they can.

EDIT: Beaten by TheLucifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom