• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Saw 'what a twist' and thought something actually interesting had happened.

Then I realised it was cricket. What a letdown.

PaulLFC

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association for pushing a linesman during his side's win over Tottenham.

He was sent to the stands for pushing assistant referee Peter Kirkup while complaining about the ball going out for a throw-in in Saturday's 2-1 win.

Pardew has until 16:00 BST on Thursday to respond and faces a touchline ban.

After Saturday's match, Pardew said: "We're overjoyed about the result but I hold my head in shame."

The incident was mentioned in referee Martin Atkinson's report.

"I was just saying to the players [beforehand] about the great Olympics and how to set an example and there's me pushing the linesman over. It was comical, he just happened to be right in front of me.

"I went in and said I'm sorry [to the referees] and said I would have to apologise publicly too because it was ridiculous."

Hatem Ben Arfa's late penalty earned the points for Newcastle after Jermain Defoe replied to Demba Ba's curling strike.

Song's agent says Song wanted a new contract (pay rise) but Arsenal kept telling him he had 3 years left on his deal and that they'd talk on Sept 1st.

Says they approached Arsenal 6 times.

Meier

I am guessing there was some sort of big legislation in the UK recently because every British site I go to for footy news (even MCFC's site) has some little notification about cookies on it.

Amelia is in London, ready to talk with Tottenham. This could happen if Inter decides to keep Julio Cesar, who is back being their first GK after Handanovic had to go under surgery and will probably be unavailable for a few weeks.

This would leave us with Abbiati as our first GK and Gabriel as the bench GK. I hate football.

But at least we may get rid of Mesbah. Baby steps.

Tc91

Forgot to mention, Del Piero signed a one year contract extension on FM, sorry Juve GAF. I know it's hard to take.

Started up a new FM save with a mate who supports the toon and he signed Del Piero lol. His stats are beast mode.

FM with the transfer update is cool.

Mumei

Thanks for all of the recommendations. I would prefer things that have complete games as opposed to simply highlights, so I'll probably get something that has that, if possible.

Kyoufu

Hashim Amla. One of the best batsman around.

8d3ce2bede9abd2c248744988dc09b3c.jpg

Bet he has a chip in there.

Wilbur

Banned
Amelia is in London, ready to talk with Tottenham. This could happen if Inter decides to keep Julio Cesar, who is back being their first GK after Handanovic had to go under surgery and will probably be unavailable for a few weeks.

This would leave us with Abbiati as our first GK and Gabriel as the bench GK. I hate football.

But at least we may get rid of Mesbah. Baby steps.

Amelia can't be Spurs' first keeper... Friedel's great but very old. They need Lloris.

Started up a new FM save with a mate who supports the toon and he signed Del Piero lol. His stats are beast mode.

FM with the transfer update is cool.

Where can I get the update? And does it work on Mac?

Thanks for all of the recommendations. I would prefer things that have complete games as opposed to simply highlights, so I'll probably get something that has that, if possible.

Liverpool - AC Milan. One of the best games I've ever seen.

The Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal was fantastic as well.

Meier

Forgot to mention, Del Piero signed a one year contract extension on FM, sorry Juve GAF. I know it's hard to take.

I'm a bit surprised he hasn't signed on with a team in real life yet. I know MLS was mentioned previously as a real possibility followed by a whole host of other places. Anything concrete lately?

Messi

Got to try on a few kits:

Arsenal home : I love this kit, love the material, love the colour

Arsenal away: love the purple love the material. Will buy.

City home and away: hate the collar and material clings to me as a larger man. Sad about this.

Chelsea away: no idea why I really like this kit
Can't find it in my size

Chelsea 3rd: Hahahahahahahahahaha no Hahahahahahahahahaha no. Ha

Tottenham home: not a fan at all. Way too busy. XXL runs very small. Fuck you under amour

elseanio

Got to try on a few kits:

Arsenal home : I love this kit, love the material, love the colour

Arsenal away: love the purple love the material. Will buy.

City home and away: hate the collar and material clings to me as a larger man. Sad about this.

Chelsea away: no idea why I really like this kit
Can't find it in my size

Chelsea 3rd: Hahahahahahahahahaha no Hahahahahahahahahaha no. Ha

Tottenham home: not a fan at all. Way too busy. XXL runs very small. Fuck you under amour

Do you have the Liverpool home kit? Material is different to all other kits I've had. I much prefer it

elsk

Banned
Against? Think I'll watch the United match. Kagawa, RVP and all that. No offense, elsk.

Cup match, vs 2.Bundesliga side: SSV Jahn Regensburg. Tobias Schweinsteiger used to play there, but he moved to our reserve team this season.
Hehe, not problem... I think only Bayern fans would care about this cup match :)

Did I miss the new Skrtel contract discussion? Now to get Agger signed up as well, give Coates, Sterling and Suso some assurances, relegate Carragher to fourth (fifth?) choice, and move onwards and upwards.

edit: People don;t talk about the 2006 FA Cup final enough in these discussions.

A hilarious own goal, a keeping blunder, a mishit cross flying into the top corner, a beatiful diagonal pass and first time volley, a spectacular last minute equaliser from one of the best players in the world, an unbelievable save in the dying moments, and a penalty shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom