• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

So Ward to SAFC is bollocks.

ben.gif

Worth remembering that Silva took things up a new level last season, the season before he was still good, but he really went a up a notch.

I guess it's because he had settled in and stuff, definitely makes a difference.

I don't think Kagawa is as good as that myself but he is still only 23 and will hopefully improve as a player - I wouldn't be shocked if he reached that level at some stage, though I wouldn't bet on it either.

I agree with Elsk though I think they're different players. The main bonus for United with Shinji is he is so different to what we have that it will impact the team. It's like Liverpool signing a top winger, or Arsenal a proper defence. It's a different option and a big improvement in that part of the team.

Carbonox

Gamescom currently going on and the first appealing news is that Vergil was revealed in DmC and he looks like fucking Vergil. <3

Anyway, Vurnon Anita signing could take until the end of the week. Fucking irritating as hell. We can't even complete a fucking transfer quickly, let alone actually agree fees with clubs.

GorillaJu

Apparently there's a good chance of us ending up with Sahin and Tello before the window closes, that would be awesome.

A chance, but not a good chance, I'd say.

Tello would be interesting. He's similar to Walcott, more raw but perhaps more coachable. Offers something we don't have, which is blistering pace to get to the zones directly next to the goal and cut the ball back in. He's a couple of years older than Sterling, but doesn't seem to have the same quality, and plays in the same position. He'd probably be able to contribute more to the team, though, and having been coached at Barça he'll be keen to keep the ball and contribute well to the build up.

Sahin makes less sense to me, but I'm sure we'll see what kind of plans Rodgers has for him, if that does happen. I'm not too concerned with how he'll be used. Can't say no to a player of his quality.

Carbonox

What a shame that Barton went from being one of the best English midfielders 2 seasons ago (only during that season, mind you) to being a laughing stock even more than ever before.

Kyoufu

LFC GAF, are RAWK posters as grim as NUFC fans on blogs?

Do you get mauled for saying one of your players is not a good player and should be sold?

I ask because... deary me. If you tell these numpties Obertan must go, they'll get the pitchforks out. :lol

bjaelke

Do you get mauled for saying one of your players is not a good player and should be sold?

I ask because... deary me. If you tell these numpties Obertan must go, they'll get the pitchforks out. :lol

Probably. The only gaffer to use RAWK is Salazar, so you'd have to ask him.

Carbonox

There is only a couple of games in my collection that I haven't completed.

Alpha Protocol - yet to even start it
Killzone 2 - played like 10 minutes and got bored
Dragon Age Origins - again, played like 10 minutes and got bored
Dark Souls - burned myself out, though I do want to play through again from the beginning

GorillaJu

Yes and no. There are some really insightful people and then hundreds of those who just repeat the same bullshit – mostly blaming the owners for things that they've imagined they're doing to destroy the club.

Salvadora

"There is still a chance I will move to the Premier League," Mirallas told Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad. "My agent is having talks with Arsenal, those rumours are true.

"Only Olympiakos is in the way. They want €8 million [£6m] and not a penny less. But if the move doesn't come through, I am happy to stay in Athens."
Kevin Mirallas from Olympiakos could be coming our way apparently. Can't remember a thing about him for our match with them.
Heard Laurent Koscielny pulled out of the French squad with a calf problem which has me a bit concerned. Hopefully its nothing.

Stubo

My 360 backlog is down to 12 games, but steam, DS and Wii? So many games, need more time!

There's even a few ps2, cube, dreamcast etc that I need to finish up!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Being a Juve fan aside, we have one of the most likable players around. Well, with the exception of Lucio and Lich :p
Uhhh, yesterday was Lefty's Day. Forgot to wish a happy one to the naturally superior part of Footy-GAF.

a1g2K.jpg

Lefty here!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Heard Laurent Koscielny pulled out of the French squad with a calf problem which has me a bit concerned. Hopefully its nothing.

Of course it's nothing. Players are dropping out all over the place because their clubs don't want them playing 3 days before the season starts.

Quote from Stipe Pletikosa regarding Modric:

"Last year Levy promised that he could leave if someone offered the same amount as Chelsea did last summer. Who is bigger than Real? That train only comes along once in a lifetime. Luka knows this. And working with Mourinho, he will win two or three Champions League titles if Levy does not break his promise."
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...-spurs-star-urges-levy-17#jLct5iFcUiH4AI2b.99

Boom. If they don't pay them Modric can have no complaints.

One incident. Even the tackle on Ben Arfa was just a mistimed tackle that turned out awful.

One incident? Your memory fails you. I'm quite sure a few commentators have pointed out he is rather a dirty player.

The kick on Alonso was awful but he doesn't act like a knob in every single game.

Neither does Suarez, that's reserved for JT, Evra and ROONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom