• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Fuck me this RVP "saga" is insufferable. Just do yourself a favor and don't even read twitter or RedCafe until he's signed one way or the other.

- Napoli send spies to watch Juventus's training
- Napoli makes horror tackles against Juve all game.
- Pandev tells the referee that he can go up his mother's JT. Gets a red card.
- Zuniga gets two yellows for a bunch of stupid tackles
- Dossena makes what has been described as a "threatening comment" to the referee after the Supercoppa
- Napoli boycotts the award ceremony
- President De Laurentiis calls Napoli the moral champions of Italy.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Napoli is awful. Fuck them.

Kyoufu

Fuck me this RVP "saga" is insufferable. Just do yourself a favor and don't even read twitter or RedCafe until he's signed one way or the other.

I had to stop following the Debuchy saga to restore my sanity. Linked to player in June, window starts in July, make bids all the way through the month and into August...still not signed just before September.

/wrists

I had to stop following the Debuchy saga to restore my sanity. Linked to player in June, window starts in July, make bids all the way through the month and into August...still not signed just before September.

/wrists

I'm trying to stop following the Sahin saga, but I just can't.

My heart!

/wrists

At least we really need Debuchy, I still don't know why Man U are going so hard after RVP anyway!

GorillaJu

Your team [Man U] hasn't even been rumored at interest in Sahin. What is there to follow? It's Arsenal and Liverpool that are interested in signing him on loan and there's not much to it.

If Sahin signed for United, it's been kept under wraps until now so there's nothing to follow there anyway.

Wes

venison crêpe
@JamesNursey

#MCFC interest in #SCFC Swansea's Scott Sinclair growing. Mancini wants to replace Adam Johnson. Doesn't rate his discipline on or off pitch

Salazar

James Bond has stated that RVP won't be going to United.

I'll believe him over any other ITK.

Martin Lipton, esteemed Mirror scribe, feels otherwise.

Just pack it in said:
Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse
Lots of paper talk today about #MUFC signings - but my understanding is that nothing is imminent. Only time will tell...

Your team [Man U] hasn't even been rumored at interest in Sahin. What is there to follow? It's Arsenal and Liverpool that are interested in signing him on loan and there's not much to it.

If Sahin signed for United, it's been kept under wraps until now so there's nothing to follow there anyway.

Because I don't want him to go to Liverpool or Arsenal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This little pony thing is so sad :/ I thought it was a running joke on GAF. Or at least I HOPED it was.

Why hello there
Dn9xP.gif

- Dossena makes what has been described as a "threatening comment" to the referee after the Supercoppa

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Zuniga's foul on Pirlo was horrifying to watch in slow-mo.

And one of the comments is saying Ivanovic was sent off for that challenge on Giovinco?

Arnie

It's baffling.

United fans are the worst when it comes to transfers; far too emotional, far too prone to believing any old bullshit, and far too persistent in spreading each nonsense development with the collective.

And half the fans are still morally undecided on the player they're going for.

"oh, do i want Moura?"

"Call me nuts but I'd rather have a 12 year old Chilean striker than RVP"

Because I don't want him to go to Liverpool or Arsenal.

Well our managing director has travelled to Spain. Whether it's for Sahin or Tello, nobody is really sure.

It's baffling.

United fans are the worst when it comes to transfers; far too emotional, far too prone to believing any old bullshit, and far too persistent in spreading each nonsense development with the collective.

And half the fans are still morally undecided on the player they're going for.

"oh, do i want Moura?"

"Call me nuts but I'd rather have a 12 year old Chilean striker than RVP"

Well our managing director has travelled to Spain. Whether it's for Sahin or Tello, nobody is really sure.

Tbf, Wilbury does have appearances to keep.

GorillaJu

@JamesNursey

#MCFC interest in #SCFC Swansea's Scott Sinclair growing. Mancini wants to replace Adam Johnson. Doesn't rate his discipline on or off pitch

That's harsh, if true. Don't think Sinclair is as good as Johnson myself, but if you can't get them working then what's the point.

LegoArmo

I believe United fans to be taking the piss, most of the time. It's a bit of fun while there's no football on.

If we went into the season with the squad exactly as it is, I'd be confident of winning the league title back, anyway.

Stimpy

Walcott now out of Wednesday's friendly, hopefully more pull out and Roy has to play 5-a-side instead, such a stupid decision to have friendly's a few days before the season starts.

That's harsh, if true. Don't think Sinclair is as good as Johnson myself, but if you can't get them working then what's the point.

Sinclair doesn't possess a fraction of the talent Johnson does. All pace and no skill. He was barely able to go past his man at all in the Olympics.

But you're right, if they're fucking idiots then it may be better to jettison.

Salazar

Not getting excited over RVP one way or another. Don't really want him, like I said... but not upset if we do get him.

There's something primal in you that will neuro-chemically stir when you see photos of him at the training ground with a sheet being held half-over his head.

Wilbur

Banned

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Arnie will be here to fight you.

I agree thought. They're an exciting team with some great players but they're dirty bastards.

Wilbur

Banned
There's something primal in you that will neuro-chemically stir when you see photos of him at the training ground with a sheet being held half-over his head.

If I get an erection, you'll be the first to know
keep space free in your inbox

Zabojnik

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

It's not just Napoli, though. It's also the romanisti, fiorentini and even some interisti/milanisti who are more than happy to join in when there's a non-existant contraversy to be artificially constructed against Juve. Hell, you should have heard RAI's commentators the other day. I was switching between RAI (the italian state-owned public TV) and a slovenian channel showing the match and it was like day and night in terms of impartiality. It was actually kind of disgusting. If I had to pay to listen to that shit, like every Italian does, I'd be mad. Although it was to be expected. I mean, this is the guy they chose to be the sideline commentator (on the right). Enrico Varriale, a well-known Napoli fan and a huge asshole on the side.

nape%20(6).jpg

The aftermath was even more ridiculous. I've heard Mediaset pundits trying their best to deconstruct the clear penalty on Vucinic by saying that it was the defender that anticipated Mirko to the ball. So "you could almost say it was actually Vucinic's foul". Ahahaha. Go for the ball -> miss the ball and knock down the striker -> get a foul called in your favour. Flawless logic.

Not that I'm surprised, mind. It use to bother me in the past, but no more. Since 2006 I actually long for these kind of situations. Wish we could win every match with a gifted penalty in the last second of the overtime. Just to hear the sweet sound of livers all over Italy exploding. Amici di nessuno.

Scum

BBC said:
Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the final three who will be considered for UEFA's Best Player in Europe award. Bangor City's Les Davies, who was on the original 32-man shortlist, will not be in the running when the award is handed out in Monaco on 30th August, with Andrea Pirlo and Xavi Hernandez also missing out.

Forza, Iniesta!

Kyoufu

I'll believe it when he's in a Newcastle shirt. That's my new transfer policy.

Probably won't happen for a couple more days but he's having a chat with Pardinho today to see which position he is wanted in.

Hopefully it's CDM or he won't sign.

edit:

Ushojax. Sandro is starting on Saturday I think.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Generic BAE :/

EA recently announced a partnership with Spurs, they scanned the player's heads when they were in New York for a friendly a few weeks ago. The final game should have accurate likenesses, though I guess they might have to patch them in later.

Messi

EA recently announced a partnership with Spurs, they scanned the player's heads when they were in New York for a friendly a few weeks ago. The final game should have accurate likenesses, though I guess they might have to patch them in later.

FIFA never patches in faces, and I just assumed based off the fact that we seen other spurs players with new faces that they were done and BAE was not :/

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
FIFA never patches in faces, and I just assumed based off the fact that we seen other spurs players with new faces that they were done and BAE was not :/

That would be crazy. Perhaps they just couldn't handle rendering his godly afro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom