• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Become a Clippers fan with me. It was either them or the Lakers, since I have an LA sports channel where I am, which shows all of their games.

For NFL, I follow the 49ers.
49ers are pretty cool.

I felt very sorry for them after the momentous self troll they inflicted on themselves in last years championship game. That was so bad :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
RAC1 (a very reliable catalan radio station) reporting Barca vice president Bartomeu is in London negotiating Song's deal, aslo the player and the club have agreed a five year contract of €5m annual salary. The deal could be done very soon. Please Wenger stop it from happening I don't want Song :(

what why?

song is great, who would you rather have?

Zabojnik

Alvaro Pereira's agent says that Juventus are leading the chase for his client.

???????????????????

WE'RE BUYING EVERYBODY!!!

Seriously, no idea why he was swearing in Italian? It was an Italian referee ffs.

Doesn't it kind of make sense though? What's the point of swearing at the referee if he can't understand you? :p

Da ti jebem ja familiju raspalu ćelavu! Yeah, Vucinic is still king.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That was early on,hopefully improvements have been made,he was okay he just wandered a bit and made a few rash decisions.

He's not played for a long time. I doubt Wenger would be willing to start him in the league, it's too much of a risk. If you sell Song you need to buy someone to replace him (not Sahin), because Diaby is going to get crocked again.

3Sixty

iTYHhgiZwjMGG.png

Fucking Charlton.

Edit: Bournemouth too, didn't see them at first, now i don't feel so bad.

Sloosha

49ers are pretty cool.

I felt very sorry for them after the momentous self troll they inflicted on themselves in last years championship game. That was so bad :lol

Yeah, it was awful. Kyle Williams :(

They should be pretty solid this season. Their running game is fantastic, and Alex Smith(lol) has more receivers.

3Sixty

Code:
30'	[1 - 0] R. Keogh 		
34'	[2 - 0] J. Buxton 		
40'	[3 - 0] T. Robinson 		
52'	[3 - 1] A. Barcham 	
53'	[4 - 1] J. Buxton 		
63'	[4 - 2] M. Grella 	
73'	[4 - 3] R. Grant 	
83'	[5 - 3] N. Tyson 		
90'	[5 - 4] C. Jennings 	
90'	[5 - 5] R. Grant (pen.)

Derby - Scunthorpe looked a good game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FIFA 13 ratings. Work in progress I assume.

WE'RE BUYING EVERYBODY!!!

Doesn't it kind of make sense though? What's the point of swearing at the referee if he can't understand you? :p

Da ti jebem ja familiju raspalu ćelavu! Yeah, Vucinic is still king.

We're probably just trying to fuck with Napoli and Inter. When in reality, we're just fucking ourselves by wasting our time really.

I'm sure he's a good left wingback/defender and all, but that's hardly the gaping hole in our squad right now..

Lol, I still remember Frank's meltdown when Vucinic got away with it and Ibra didn't.

Slizz

I haven't picked NFL or NBA teams yet. I doubt I will actually root for an NBA side, I just enjoy watching the action.

I like the Colts in the NFL - read : Peyton u so good

I'll allow you on the Heat Championship train.

As for NFL teams I'd pick a young QB that you like and their respective team. RGIII, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck and Matt Stafford. All have teams that are seemingly on the up swing.

Tc91

Those stats are Ultimate Team and I'm pretty sure they don't share the same ratings as career mode. So could be some difference.

This is an article from this morning on SkySports News

"There's nothing going on with Song. There's nothing in that," Wenger told The Sun. "Song has three years' contract, he's not in the same situation as Robin Van Persie. "In Spain the newspapers are not really serious. We've had the experience of that. We've never had any contact with anybody from Barcelona."​

How is a deal between the two now imminent? Why would the club sell a key player so late in the market, a week before the league begins? Then again lets remind ourselves of Wenger's comments on possible transfers before they actually happen.

On the 12th of August 2011 following the intense speculation of Fabregas’ imminent departure, Wenger stunned us all when he declared that he didn’t “expect anybody to leave”. On the same day, in the same building, Fabregas was saying his goodbyes to the players, staff and – according to him – Wenger himself. On the 15th, Cesc is in the Nou Camp kissing the Barcelona badge.

Nasri makes a dramatic appearance by featuring against Liverpool after Wenger made no secret that he was prepared to lose him on a free next year such was his importance to the team. Then another twist with rumours that the transfer of Nasri to Man City had broken down because of a dispute involving the agents. In the post match interview, when asked about the deal breaking down, Wenger gave a wry smile and enigmatically responded “Maybe one day, but [right now] it is far, far from being done. He is happy here”. Exactly three days later, Nasri signs for Man City.

Either we're dealing with a man who is bipolar or there is an Arsene Wenger clone running about. The other explanation is, of course, he tells the fans what they want to hear

"There's nothing going on with Song. There's nothing in that," Wenger told The Sun. "Song has three years' contract, he's not in the same situation as Robin Van Persie. "In Spain the newspapers are not really serious. We've had the experience of that. We've never had any contact with anybody from Barcelona."​

How is a deal between the two now imminent? Why would the club sell a key player so late in the market, a week before the league begins? Then again lets remind ourselves of Wenger's comments on possible transfers before they actually happen.

On the 12th of August 2011 following the intense speculation of Fabregas’ imminent departure, Wenger stunned us all when he declared that he didn’t “expect anybody to leave”. On the same day, in the same building, Fabregas was saying his goodbyes to the players, staff and – according to him – Wenger himself. On the 15th, Cesc is in the Nou Camp kissing the Barcelona badge.

Nasri makes a dramatic appearance by featuring against Liverpool after Wenger made no secret that he was prepared to lose him on a free next year such was his importance to the team. Then another twist with rumours that the transfer of Nasri to Man City had broken down because of a dispute involving the agents. In the post match interview, when asked about the deal breaking down, Wenger gave a wry smile and enigmatically responded “Maybe one day, but [right now] it is far, far from being done. He is happy here”. Exactly three days later, Nasri signs for Man City.

Either we're dealing with a man who is bipolar or there is an Arsene Wenger clone running about. The other explanation is, of course, he tells the fans what they want to hear
So when are you giving us RVP?

It's called not having the final say. And it's called posturing so that the fans don't blame you when the player is sold by the board.

Search -> Del Piero -> None found

iVQMXFoDcmLis.gif

Quagliarella @ 80 is a bit of a shocker. Asamoah only 78? Not after the January patch I reckon.

Bonucci and De Ceglie getting trolled at 79.

Looks like they finally nerfed Iaquinta at 75. Sucks. He was tremendous in Fifa.

Other than that, Juve finally are rated like a 5-star team should. Would have to worry about picking them and getting decimated every time because we were a "low 5 star team."

Fuck, those previews just reminded me that we still have Jorge Martinez...

Clegg

I'm sure Wenger would love to say that hes not going to sell RVP and Song under any circumstances.

But Arsenals board seem to love making a quick buck and. They're basically screwing Wenger at every turn.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fuck me I forgot about Martinez :(. UNiTED WE HAVE A WINGER AVAILABLE WE ARE GENUINELY SORRY ABOUT POGBA REMEMBER THE 90S AND 00S FAGIE PLS.

I;m sure Wenger would love to say that hes not going to sell RVP and Song under any circumstances. But Arsenals board seem to love making a quick buck.

I don't think the board are involved. They've in the past distanced themselves from these type of situations - if anything they seem more protective of the squad than he is. Take for instance the Cesc transfer: the board rejected the Barca bids but according to Cesc himself, Wenger sold the player against their wishes.

Take one step forward, two steps back, two steps forward, one step back, another two steps back, take one step forward etc; I am done trying to rationalise the club's transfer policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom