• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Chicha has been shocking for the past couple of months. He needs a goal to bring his confidence up. Hope he gets back to that form he had in the 1st season. Think he'll be great at coming off the bench when defenders are tired and making runs in behind.

Wilbur

Banned
whoateallthepies picks the top ten sexiest footballers.

10. David Beckham

davidbeckham.jpg

Good old Becks (literally. He does need to start some sort of anti-aging skincare regimen). David's comfortable posing in his underwear for money, would never show up to an event dressed in last season's colours, can handle the haters with ease and we love that an Englishman is seen the world over as the poster-boy for sexy athleticism and extreme wealth.

9. Gerard Pique

gerard-pique-profile.jpg

Voted second only to Iker Casillas in the Don Balon media poll for the Sexiest Spanish Footballer, the man’s body is definitely easy on the eyes, soul and girl-loins. However, it’s his facial fiesta of baby blues, scruffy beard and lips that look like they’ve regulars at a celebrity dermatologist's office that make Pique so gorgeous.

8. Cesc Fabregas

Cesc-Fabregas.jpg

Goodness, this man is a great footy player - which adds a big notch in the 'baller bedpost scale. He loves donuts, Disney and dressing up in costume (both leather and furry.) He's a rare combination of dorky and delicious. Plus, his name sounds like sex.

7. Kenwyne Jones

image.axd

The big man at Sunderland has a mega-watt smile and takes the “tall, dark and handsome” moniker to another level. We didn't need to see him break out the pole dancing moves to consider him stalk-worthy, but it sure helped. When he brings his A-game, he makes it look so easy. We also like thinking that he's easy.

6. Yoann Gourcuff

1029052_e465a70dc4_m.jpg

"Lashes" Gourcuff (as he's known in our quarters) is a GQ Mofo that has the modesty to merely sit front row at Milan fashion week when everyone knows he could (and should) be modeling on the catwalk. Yoann also has a highly regarded belief system that wearing clothes on the pitch is not mandatory. We quite fancy the French accent.

5. Roque Santa Cruz

santa_280x390_830064a.jpg

You've seen him, right?

4. Fabio Cannavaro

Fabio-CANNAVARO.jpg

He's been described by our readers as having "an epic ass". Who are we to argue?

3. Tim Cahill

svCAHILL_narrowweb__300x465,0.jpg

How do we love Tim Cahill? Let us count the abs. Er, ways. But no, let's focus on the abs. And it's what he wants, really. His team-mates may be shivering like big girls in their multi-layers of evil, skin-masking underarmour but Tim is a real man. And real men need to go shirtless after every. single. match. Bonus points for the tatts.

2. Marco Borriello

grande1-3.jpg

Because every girl dreams of having a public nudity/yacht sex tabloid story under her Marc Jacobs belt. Marco can provide that.

1. Iker Casillas

Iker_Casillas_42-1v8ekzg.jpg

Women love a brooding loner. In Iker's case we're dealing with an insanely talented and popular goalkeeper, who breaks out into angst-ridden spasms of frustration while peppering his conversation with himself with a few emo tears. The man can’t dress to save his life but he’s very, very pretty. One for a lifetime, he is.

PaulLFC

developing a player doesn't just come down to the quality of the coach/coaching environment. it's also about the quality of the squad you're training with, the amount of games you play and on what level you do that.

arsenal have a better squad. and if he'd get roughly the same amount of games this year in arsenal as he would in liverpool, then he'd be able to improve more than he could at liverpool because a] he's also playing champions league games. well, at least six of them, anyway. there's only the europa league for liverpool, and b] arsenal's way of football is already set in stone more or less whereas rodgers is still in the process of making liverpool play like he wants them to. who knows how long that will take and if he'll really succeed this year?

arsenal play fluid attacking football which is perfectly suited to sahin's style of playing. i think it'd be easier for him to settle in on arsenal's midfield than on liverpool's.
But nobody said anything about this. Salvadora simply stated Sahin would get better coaching and we disagreed. Nobody is disputing those other factors play a part, but they weren't discussed.

Meier

That goal by the US was awesome. Lovely dribbling by Shea to give the US a chance but then he didn't pull the trigger quick enough. Boyd with the incredibly smart play to backheel it towards goal.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I rather it happens now than during a match where points are in dispute. At least it finally shatters that stupid preconception that the Azteca is impregnable.

xintin

Brek Shea has a ridiculous name, but hes played well since coming on. Wish I had got home in time to see more of the match.

Fuck shit. Just arrived home half an hour ago and read all the BOMBAS.

RVP done to ManU, Bayern buying Javi Martinez and Llorente to Arsenal?

I'm a bit wasted so I'll comment in depth all the news tomorrow.

Balls.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Congrats to US fans. Still think Klinsmann is a fraud and a hack and he's gonna bring your team down... but you scored the goals, and that's what matters in the end.

sixghost

That's nice and all, but it's a friendly. Do it in qualifying.

edit*

That last save wasn't great in retrospect, the ball was on a platter 3 yards from goal.

Clegg

My United team for Everton:

----------------de Gea
-----Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
------------Carrick Scholes
-------Valencia Kagawa Nani
-----------------Rooney

elsk

Banned
FT Mexico 0:1 USA. History is made as the US defeats Mexico in Mexico for the 1st time after 23 losses, 1 tie and 0 wins going back to 1937

Now stuff is raining down on our heads in the media section from the Mexican fans above us.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom