• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
I wouldn't be so sure, he's the first choice sub. I don't think he's below Welbeck in the pecking order either.

Rooney > RvP > Welbeck > Chicharito

You also have to consider Kagawa is there, so he'll take one of the striker spots every now and then to play behind a solo striker.

I think Chicharito will leave sooner or later

Mumei

We win. Support Liverpool.

That's actually very sad.

And Mumei, you know what to do:

campioni-dolce-gabbana-book-borini.jpg

Sold. But who does this mean I support? And do I have to support the whole team, or can I just have conditional support for the players I like?

whoateallthepies picks the top ten sexiest footballers.

9. Gerard Pique

I have never really gotten him. He looks like the human equivalent of "derp"; I think it is his smile and his massively oversized teeth.

Are there full games available to watch on Youtube? Or is there some other kosher place to watch them online?

You also have to consider Kagawa is there, so he'll take one of the striker spots every now and then to play behind a solo striker.

I don't think he would leave. He seems happy just to be on United. Every time he talks, he puts the team ahead of his personal achievements.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Barrera used to be my favourite player but now he sucks ass, Chicharito sucks, I'd rather see De Nigris or Peralta up front. Chaton with his unlimited energy could replace both CMs we have right now, and even Torrado(tarado) and Castro. Moreno needs to stop fucking up and he also needs to get rid of that ridiculous Spanish accent, he's been in Spain for barely a year for Christ's sake.

You can tell Guardado gets pissed off at his idiot teammates.
De Nigris is a Chicharito with even less ball control and without any of the off-the-ball agility and dynamics. Right now the choice for starter number nine at at the team should be sorted between Vela and Peralta.

I don't think we've had Torrado and Castro in any rosters since last year.
US deserved the victory. I for one have not discarded Chicharito in the line up. He needs some confidence, he lost half a step and he's hesitating on his chances.
You can tell he played with RVP marauding inside his brain tonight.
I don't think he would leave. He seems happy just to be on United.
Rumours here in Mexico say he's gonna be loaned to Arsenal. :/

DominoKid

Sucks for him.
I like Chicharito...but he's just not that good so if he leaves its nothing to sweat over.
The guy can hardly dribble ffs and he's got fuck all in holdup play.
Were just a much worse team w/ him in the game.

Super pumped to see some sexy football from Rooney and RVP. Itll take a few games to get used to seeing him for us though. I just cant picture him in a United jersey.

GorillaJu

Sold. But who does this mean I support? And do I have to support the whole team, or can I just have conditional support for the players I like?

Liverpool. That's Fabio Borini.

And yes, it means you have to support the whole team, especially if its Liverpool, because when you say anything kind about one of our players, you've automatically started a multipage discussion about how shit they are. Might as well just go balls deep.

Liverpool. That's Fabio Borini.

And yes, it means you have to support the whole team, especially if its Liverpool, because when you say anything kind about one of our players, you've automatically started a multipage discussion about how shit they are. Might as well just go balls deep.

Unless its Adam or Downing, then everyone just assumes you're being sarcastic :p

bjaelke

What the fuck is Transfer Central TNC? 60 thousand followers isn't exactly impressive. I say fake as fuck.
Yeah you shouldn't use TNC for breaking news. They're very gullible and often jump the gun on fake stories. Their daily recap, however, is fantastic.
Truth be told I usually just end up gravitating to someone who is a nice intersection of pleasant to look at and ridiculously talented.

Swansea.

Truth be told I usually just end up gravitating to someone who is a nice intersection of pleasant to look at and ridiculously talented.

Talented and good looking, eh

Daniel Agger
Fabio Borini
Charlie Adam
Suso

Xabi Alonso (the ultimate)
Hummels
Cassillas
Pirlo
Buffon
De Rossi
Totti
Torres (circa 2009)

Robin van Persie: His goals could win Man Utd the title - Redknapp

Robin van Persie could score the goals that will win Manchester United the Premier League title, according to ex-Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp.

His wisdom and insight is endless. Look at what you're missing out on Spurs-GAF!

Mumei

Don't decide now, watch the first month or so of the Premier League and see which team grabs you.

Oh, I know. I'm not being (completely) serious about picking teams based on shallow criteria like this! I mean, it does remind me of the other reason (apologies for the musical choice; not my fault) I am interested, but still.

So when does the Premier League start? And any idea if it is possible to catch it in the States?

Oh, I know. I'm not being (completely) serious about picking teams based on shallow criteria like this! I mean, it does remind me of the other reason (apologies for the musical choice; not my fault) I am interested, but still.

So when does the Premier League start? And any idea if it is possible to catch it in the States?

This weekend!

Fox usually have the rights to broadcasting the Premiership over in the States so 'Check with your cable provider'.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/tvschedule

10:00 AM
Barclays Premier League
West Brom v Liverpool

12:30 PM
Barclays Premier League
Newcastle v Tottenham

bjaelke

Saturday, August 18:

Arsenal vs Sunderland, 10am, ESPN/ESPN3.com
West Brom vs Liverpool, 10am, FOX Soccer
Fulham vs Norwich City, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
QPR vs Swansea, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
Reading vs Stoke, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
West Ham United vs Aston Villa, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur, 12:30 pm, FOX Soccer

Just a quick tip for a footballing newbie, by no means should you expect the best teams to automatically play in the best games. You get utterly ridiculous games between all teams. Sometimes the best two teams in the league will play out a boring 0-0 and look incapable of stringing 3 passes together, and sometimes two of the most mediocre teams will give us an 8 goal thriller, like the Man Utd-Everton game last season

Get into football, and you're guaranteed drama at nearly every level. Especially when players like Suarez are involved

Just a quick tip for a footballing newbie, by no means should you expect the best teams to automatically play in the best games. You get utterly ridiculous games between all teams. Sometimes the best two teams in the league will play out a boring 0-0 and look incapable of stringing 3 passes together, and sometimes two of the most mediocre teams will give us an 8 goal thriller, like the Man Utd-Everton game last season

Get into football, and you're guaranteed drama at nearly every level. Especially when players like Suarez are involved
Hahaha I saw what you did there, and I will admit I laughed

MPW

As the season draws near and the transfer window inches towards closing, Real Madrid seem content to let Kaka go as they hope to make room for Luka Modric. His much talked about chance at a return to his beloved Milan remains in limbo as the newly budget conscious Italian giants publicly claim the move would be "almost impossible." But even with the uncertainty about his future, Kaka has still taken the time to visit a group of local school children and answer their questions yet again. The following is a transcript of that session.

Kaka: Children, hello! I am very excited to be here with you all today. We just returned from our preseason tour of America so I hope I can answer all of your questions about that and anything else you are interested in. Now which of you angels has the first question?

Roberto: Hi, Kaka. I'm Roberto and I'm eight. Are you excited about the new season?

Kaka: That's an excellent question, Roberto. Yes! I'm very excited. Last season Real Madrid proved that we are the best team in Spain by winning La Liga and we feel that this year we will prove that we are the best in all of Europe. We have a very strong team and we are all very optimistic for the new season. Thank you, Roberto. Who has the next question?

Teri: Hi, Kaka. I'm Teri and I eat spiders. Does it bother you that Real Madrid paid €68 million to take you from Milan three years ago and now, after making less than 30 league appearances each season and being 30 years old, the club would rather have a small Croatian boy who looks like a squirrel than you?

Kaka: I, uh, wow. That was quite a question, Teri. I- I've had a wonderful time at Real Madrid even though I've had some injuries. It's a very competitive club and I understand that needs will change over time, so I'm just thankful for the time I've spent here and looking forward to whatever the future holds with a big smile.

Herb: Hi, Kaka. I'm Herb and I have a lot of forks. Have you been crying because Milan got rid of half of their team and still say they can't afford to bring you back? If not, you should.

Kaka: No- I, I haven't been crying about anything, Herb. I'm very happy in Madrid. I would love to return to Milan one day, but I understand that these things can be difficult sometimes. I know that they care for me very much and I care for Milan too.

Stefan: Hi, Kaka. My name is Stefan and I just turned 10. I blame you for Brazil losing to Mexico at the Olympics. My grandparents said I can't get the operation I need because of you.

Kaka: Oh wow- why, uh, why would you blame me Stafan? I was very sad to see Brazil didn't win, but I didn't play for the Olympic team. Also, that wasn't a question. But winning a silver medal is still a wonderful blessing and I'm sure everyone who actually was on the team had a wonderful experience. I'm sorry you blame me, Stefan. Why would your grandparents say you can't have your operation because of me? I would gladly help you if I can. What is the operation for?

Stefan: Spontaneous colon explosions.

Kaka: Oh, I- I don't know what that is but I'm very sorry to hear about that. I will definitely help any way I can. But happy birthday to you! ... Does anyone, uh, does anyone have a question about America or what I like to eat before matches?

Daisy: Hi, Kaka. I'm Daisy you're my favorite footballer ever. I have a question about America.
Kaka: That's lovely, Daisy. What's your question?

Daisy: What the f*** is wrong with Jose Mourinho? He thinks people should call him "The Only One"? Did his aunt drop him on his head in a bin of medical waste?

Kaka: Oh my- Daisy, that's- that's no way for a child to talk. Please don't use words like that, Daisy. That wasn't a question about America, but there's nothing wrong with Jose Mourinho. I don't think his aunt ever dropped him in anything let alone a bin of medical waste. I certainly hope she didn't. He's a brilliant manager and a very kind person. I think this is getting a little out of hand, children...

Billiam: Hi, Kaka. I'm Billiam and I like socks. Who do you think will win the UEFA Best Player in Europe award between Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo or Andres Iniesta?

Kaka: That's a very good question, Billiam. Thank you. They're all excellent players, but I think my friend Cristiano had the best year and deserves the award very much.

Billiam: That's so mean to Messi and Andres. They just want to make me giggle. How can you say that, Kaka?

Kaka: No no no, I didn't mean it like that at all. I just-

Billiam: (cries)

Stefan: My colon just exploded.

Kaka: Jesus.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Love-Kaka-ricardo-kaka-16903954-325-450.jpg

FootballFan

Just watch and enjoy Barcelona, with the best looking player in the world and one of the best players of all time, Lionel Messi:

SY5Em.jpg

Okay so he may not be the best looking, but you barely see them close up when playing anyway.

Kozak

Banned
Just watch and enjoy Barcelona, with the best looking player in the world and one of the best players of all time, Lionel Messi:

SY5Em.jpg

Okay so he may not be the best looking, but you barely see them close up when playing anyway.

Oh man that picture makes me feel uncomfortable.

Messi looks pretty good with short hair:

10messi_futbol.v1315212565.jpg

Never been a fan of his long hair.

dc89

Hey, the only other team I actually know by name. (I only know Manchester United and Real Madrid).

Do you want a roller coaster ride where you can take nothing for granted? so much so we messed up against the team with the worst away record when at Fortress Etihad and had to win the league with the last kick of the ball.

Yup, you know you do. Welcome aboard fellow Citizen.

-----

Lloyd-Christmas-Cry-and-Gag-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

I don't even...

Nyx

Even though the Dutch lost vs Belgium last night, I'm quite happy with the way Van Gaal wants the team to play, and the execution was pretty good as well.

Finally a lefty on the left wing and a ''righty'' on the right wing, going for the crosspass mainly. And the team tried to pressure early, which resulted in loss of the ball from Belgium quite a few times.

Also loved the way Viergever and De Vrij played like typical Dutch central defenders, going into midfield whenever there was an opportunity.

Shame that we have overrated defenders like Mathijsen, or overrated midfielders like Nigel de Jong though.

Yen

does anyone else like buying shirts with no names/numbers on the back? just plain?

or am i alone on this?

The only time I ever asked for a name on my shirt was back in 2003 with:
KEWELL
And we know how well that bloody turned out.

qindarka

Banned

You should be allowed to support any club(s) you like. It may be for the most shallow ridiculous reasons. You could be a bandwagoner and change allegiances every season and it still really shouldn't matter to anyone else.

panty

What the hell is going on hereeeee.

A mod here? Without a fav club? Sexy footballers? Real Madrid not voted #1? Nonsense!

tumblr_kw67mw7gx31qasd3b.png

does anyone else like buying shirts with no names/numbers on the back? just plain?

or am i alone on this?

Eww, no. I think they're silly. If you're going to support a club by buying their jersey, why not take a number/name with it.

So you're like every other casual fan, then. Real Madrid?

WG8zw.gif

Lakitu

st5fu
We're still having trouble getting rid of one of our highest earners, Joe Cole. I don't think we'll be able to get rid this summer transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom