• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw one of the reliable Arsenal ITKs says that his understanding was if RVP left, Arsenal would push for Sahin.

Might be too late but I reckon they could give it one more shot.

Wilbur

Banned
Fwiw one of the reliable Arsenal ITKs says that his understanding was if RVP left, Arsenal would push for Sahin.

Might be too late but I reckon they could give it one more shot.

I thought if Song left they'd push for Sahin haha?

Regarding RVP, I think Arsenal will be fine. They had the same dependency on him they had on Henry, and they've brought in two proven international players and a league winner who scored a fuckload of goals. I still predict 3rd for Arsenal.

I think Arsenal will finish 4th.

ibe4NgztLvsesd.gif

Third again for me.

GorillaJu

The best part about that Hazard flop is that he didn't hide from the ball or from his mistake even after embarrassing himself like that. He seemed to be willing to laugh it off and not let it get to him.

dc89

Looks like Sahin will arrive too late for West Brom, get him fit and proper for City.

Have mercy on us.

I'm glad we can get the trip to Anfield out of the way quickly.

Muhammed Umeir on Twitter: "The last time RVP was not in the Arsenal squad -2003/04. Arsenal went a whole league season unbeaten. Calm down Gooners."

Russell Higginbotham on Twitter: "RVP good value? He'll score goals if he stays fit, but the price is huge. Smacks of short term thinking and desperation."

Stuart Fletcher on Twitter: "Another Fergie masterstroke! Gets one over on City. Rooney, RVP, Hernandez & Welbeck! What are our odds on the treble?"

Holy shit. How times have changed. I remember when we used to try and pretend to compete with United even though we had no chance. I'm not saying United are now pretending to compete with City because they are and always will, but it's still kind of funny to think any United fan is concerned about 'getting one over' 'ickle City.

K1LLER7

Yep.

Not really, by this time of the month im just used to it. I missed a couple of fasts cos I was ill and I hardly ate anything anyway cos I just didn't feel hungry.

Cooking shows are my favourite.
"Ready steady cook" was brilliant back in the day. Would always watch it after coming home from school.

pappe

So, that DJ or the 'ÁgentITK' guy has got 2 of his news correct.

Anita and RVP and seems like his Sahin and Tello news will be correct as well.

Yen

Great exam results, finished Mario Galaxy, if Sahin signs today shall be a great day. Then to get pure blocked until Saturday.

pappe

Damn, if Sahin also comes to the premier league the amount of talent and quality on display in the league would be mindnumbing.

United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool will all have the squad to challenge for the title. Imagine if 4 teams are in with a chance of winning the league going into the final month I can see that happening this year.

PaulLFC

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
@N87Kop not really no, guess they are just crossing the eyes and dotting the T's. if #sahin does not sign i will quit #football journoism.

Seems pretty much guaranteed now to me.

Clegg

The Irish equivalent of the A-Level results came out yesterday.

Now I have to forever live in the shame of knowing that my younger brother did slightly better than me.

GorillaJu

11% - Percentage of Robin van Persie's Premier League goals that have come against Blackburn Rovers (11 of 96). Absent.

If Ferguson wanted Van Persie just to get revenge on Rovers, someone might want to mention to him that they were relegated and are no longer in the Premier League.

United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool will all have the squad to challenge for the title.

Don't think adding one class midfielder increases our chances that much. Like I said people here seem to really be overrating Sahin. Though while I only expect a top 6 finish for us, I do want us to be "in the race" for the title. Need to set the standard high if you ever want to join the people at the top.

Arnie

Knackered from getting battered at football. Eating a bounty. Hoping to get through enough work and planning tomorrow that I can relax a bit on the weekend.

Should really eat Bountys more than I do, they're nice snacks.

I'm about to head to the union and partake in a slight newspaper redesign. Can't be fuzzed. There'll be a lot of mindless agreeing, a lot of sugary drinks consumed, and quite a bit of Indesign. Pants.

This Tandoori Hot's going down a treat though, making me pine for a cool Ribena.

dc89

1 - Manchester City
2 - Manchester United
3 - Chelsea
4 - Arsenal
---
5 - Spurs
6 - Liverpool
7 - Newcastle United
---
18 - Southampton
19 - Norwich
20 - Wigan

FA Cup - Chelsea
Capital One Cup - Manchester United

Champions League - Real Madrid
Europa League - Porto

Wilbur

Banned
The Irish equivalent of the A-Level results came out yesterday.

Now I have to forever live in the shame of knowing that my younger brother did slightly better than me.

I think I'm the first in my family to go uni, but my younger brother's just about to start secondary school so he's got time to beat me.

Kem0sabe

Damn, if Sahin also comes to the premier league the amount of talent and quality on display in the league would be mindnumbing.

United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool will all have the squad to challenge for the title. Imagine if 4 teams are in with a chance of winning the league going into the final month I can see that happening this year.

This is an illusion. The PL has always had top tier talent but when you look at the winner table:

1992–93 Manchester United
1993–94 Manchester United
1994–95 Blackburn Rovers
1995–96 Manchester United
1996–97 Manchester United
1997–98 Arsenal
1998–99 Manchester United
1999–2000 Manchester United
2000–01 Manchester United
2001–02 Arsenal
2002–03 Manchester United
2003–04 Arsenal
2004–05 Chelsea
2005–06 Chelsea
2006–07 Manchester United
2007–08 Manchester United
2008–09 Manchester United
2009–10 Chelsea
2010–11 Manchester United
2011–12 Manchester City

It will be a two horse race yet again this year, City and United. Liverpool and Spurs have never won the PL title and Chelsea/Arsenal are anything but consistent.

Hixx

OK football gaf. You have questionable taste in everything from food to music but I would like your opinions and that.

iA9J7EHpAgYQs.png

Left or right?

GorillaJu

1994–95 Blackburn Rovers
1997–98 Arsenal
2001–02 Arsenal
2003–04 Arsenal
2004–05 Chelsea
2005–06 Chelsea
2009–10 Chelsea
2011–12 Manchester City

Whoa, what happened to all those other years? I guess since it's not in this quote they weren't important and nothing good happened (otherwise I'd remember them).

Clegg

I think I'm the first in my family to go uni, but my younger brother's just about to start secondary school so he's got time to beat me.

My brother wants to go to the same Uni as me.

Not much of a choice seeing as there are only 2 good Unis in Dublin. Had a choice between Trinity and UCD. The bastard picked UCD.

Holy shit. How times have changed. I remember when we used to try and pretend to compete with United even though we had no chance. I'm not saying United are now pretending to compete with City because they are and always will, but it's still kind of funny to think any United fan is concerned about 'getting one over' 'ickle City.

arabmoney.gif

Carbonox

Spurs? Liverpool? Hah

Spurs have only signed Vertonghen and Sigurdsson. They've lost King, Modric and Adebayor (until he signs permanently). They won't be winning the league any time soon.

Liverpool are a work in progress and with Allen, Lucas returning and possibly Sahin, they're looking might fine in midfield. I don't rate Borini yet as he's hardly proven but Liverpool will be a lot better team this coming season I reckon. Still, a work in progress.

Chelsea and Arsenal can both go either way. The former have looked dodgy all pre-season and the latter could do better with the quality signings they've made or could do worse due to no Van Persie.

IMO only Manchester United or Manchester City will win it this season.

Arnie

Wilbury has a younger brother?

We must stage an intervention.
Genuine laughs were had.
Teach me, Arnold sensei.
Bring a ruler.
He finished it, failed it, went on to college to do a game design degree, passed it and has now sat on his arse for a year and a half doing fuck all.
Quite a tale. My brother wanted to do a game design degree, then he dropped out of college and started working in a call centre full time.

LEFT Hixx, definitely left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom