• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Oh yea, crap! I completely forgot they divided the season into two! :( Not cool at all.

Edit: not exactly the perfect divide either since its almost episode 8 and there will only be 5 episodes in S5.2. :s

The season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes.

Luckily; nope. But it's still a long wait for only eight episodes. It's even shorter than those ten GoT episodes HBO gives us every year. But I guess they will end this week's episode with a major cliffhanger. Lot's of discussion and conspiracy theories will follow for the next year :p

sixghost

A left back but also good on the left wing, he's still a bit shaky every now and then in the defense though, but fucking brilliant going forward and really created more than our actual wingers here, he even played around quite a bit with Spain when they played Costa Rica a years time ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if Moyes used him as a LM first, then moved him back to LB after a few years. Similar to what he's doing with Seamus Coleman. It seems like a good deal, it's too bad the transfer went through as a result of your club not getting into the CL.

Costa Rica has been producing some good players recently.

Dibbz

Essien seems to be the only rumour. Very depressing.

Honestly I'd rather have the squad we got right now than fill it up with even more players that are not going to add anything to our game. Last thing we need is another Chamakh, Park, Squillaci on the books when we haven't even got rid of those completely.

Seriously I think with Rosicky coming back as well as Wilshire the midfield will be fine and goals will begin to flow. I think a lot of people fail to realize how big an impact some of the players we have out can have on our side. Sagna alone coming back will be a huge boost.

Linius

near

Gold Member
Goalkeeping coach at the lodge saying the deal is far from done. In Levy we trust.

Luckily; nope. But it's still a long wait for only eight episodes. It's even shorter than those ten GoT episodes HBO gives us every year. But I guess they will end this week's episode with a major cliffhanger. Lot's of discussion and conspiracy theories will follow for the next year :p

Oh okay, thats not all that bad. Thanks for that info. :p

Nani rumors creeping up again, saying we have agreed to personal terms with him and now are trying to agree on a transfer fee. Likely bullshit but please, please, please.

Pachimari

I don't feel like we (Real Madrid C.F.) are going for anyone on this last day.

Modric is a fine addition but we have sold/loaned Nuri Sahin, Esteban Granero and Hamit Altintop. We have a thin squad compared to last year and we'll have some tough mid-week games in the Champions League while already being behind by 5 points in the league.

At least, give us a right back. Arbeloa is the only true right back in our squad.

confuziz

Banned
Yeah, hopefully Zanka Jørgensen can get a first team spot with time too. Saw he scored yesterday (or two days ago) but it was also against some shit team. Mertens can go fuck himself though for that push he gave Cahill.

Hehe. No problem. We got a better player on that position anyway!

196817_10151049317313953_1293648273_n.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Do you know what I've just realised?

I've seen someone refer to the Berba deal for 5m as a bargain. And I've realised. Five million pounds is regarded as cheap in football.

What the fuck is wrong with this sport hahaha

Linius

I've seen someone refer to the Berba deal for 5m as a bargain. And I've realised. Five million pounds is regarded as cheap in football.

Yeah, you shouldn't think too deep about the numbers, football is insane. A 500.000 salary is considered as low. I'd sign for that :p

German transfer market sucks compared to the madness in England lol

I'm really happy our squad is already done but it must feel pretty good being a Spurs fan right now.

near

Gold Member

We signed Ade for £6m. Cheap as heck considering City signed him for £25m a few seasons ago.

It's considered cheap because of how much the players valued at at one point in there careers I guess.

snoopen

We signed Ade for £6m. Cheap as heck considering City signed him for £25m a few seasons ago.

It's considered cheap because of how much the players valued at at one point in he's career I guess.
What City buy players for is always exponentially more than their worth.

Pachimari

Marca saying that no one wants Kaka or Carvalho lol

It's not that nobody want them. It's because nobody want to pay the asking sum for Kaká, which is believed to be €20-25 million and his wages of €9 million. While Carvalho has rejected his offers, as none of them interests him.

There's nothing "lol" about that.

French players seem pissed Lloris might join us. Either he's incredibly good or they shit keepers in France.

Frimpong is back in October irrc.

He might play have a big role to play this season then.

Haha Sky Sports just went from £24 million to £16 million for Javi Garca. City seem to be getting a better deal by the minute.

Wilbur

Banned
Hernandez confirmed to Swansea. Good player but not as young as Sinclair and not filling dat English quota. Still though, class team Swansea could put out:

Vorm; Rangel, Chico, Williams, Taylor; Britton, De Guzman/Ki, Michu; Dyer, Graham, Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom