• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Haha Sky Sports just went from £24 million to £16 million for Javi Garca. City seem to be getting a better deal by the minute.

Yeah, someone in here mentioned 20m euro + 2 or 3 million more in add-ons or something. A very fair price IMO.

Metro said "£16million up front and an additional £2.5million in add-ons."

Fergie

Banned
Gotta love (technology) Veetle and iPhone, keeping up with the SSN drama while I was out previously.

Congrats to Berba, hopefully gets more playtime. Also I'm cool with our team, would have wanted Dembele or a quality CM, what happened to the Mexican CM we were linked with, January signing?

pulga

Banned
One of the only time Nicky finds the net and he's wearing it.

aaaaand it's out
KuGsj.gif

Arnie

Lets not forget Adam Morgan. Think he can have a great career at Liverpool.

With both Spearing and Adam gone I'd be hugely surprised if Suso wasn't brought up too. Think he'll get his contract when the window closes. We did play have to substitute Hendo for Borini yesterday.

With both Spearing and Adam gone I'd be hugely surprised if Suso wasn't brought up too. Think he'll get his contract when the window closes. We did play have to substitute Hendo for Borini yesterday.

I would need buckets and a hose for how much raw spillage I would produce if Suso was promoted. Saying it again, Henderson was fabulous when he came into the middle last night, hope he can play/come on against Arsenal sometime. Great future that lad.

Also Moutinho move to Spurs is off again because they won't meet his wage demands. It'll be back on by the time I hit F5 though.

Wes

venison crêpe
Is that Phillipa Forrester? No wait, it's the other one! What's her name.....

Edit: KATY HILL. KATY DAMN HILL. Phwoar, what memories.

ShogunX

Wankers the lot of them outside melwood I don't know why sky turn up there it's the same every year. Fucking embarrassing ball bags.

Scallies always turn up and it's never a good idea to send Vinny O'Connor because not only is he an Everton fan but he's a wanker as well.

Yen

I'd almost put money on it happening, our midfield needs an extra body and someone who's not specifically expecting to play. A step below Shelvey and Henderson, someone who's going to benefit from training with the likes of Sahin and Allen.

We'll promote Coady!!

Wes

venison crêpe
I have never been more excited to see an overexcited old man called Jim than I will be in 70 minutes.

Meier

Spurs trying to get in on Dempsey now apparently.

I have one phrase: Fuck off Spurs.

I have been suggesting that Spurs should sign him all summer. They've added quite a few midfielders though and got Ade sorted out so there's less need for them but he'd still be a great piece to have.

Stubo

I don't trust City, I can't help but feel this is the calm before the storm.
Phil McNulty said:
"Manchester City's transfer business looks sorted. A fee of £16m has been agreed for Benfica's Javi Garcia as manager Roberto Mancini gets the midfield man he has been seeking all summer. Fiorentina's Matija Nastasic will also be confirmed as a City player later tonight - and that's for £13m plus Stefan Savic."
Yup...That's a nice ~£40m spend today.

dc89

Yeah, someone in here mentioned 20m euro + 2 or 3 million more in add-ons or something. A very fair price IMO.

Metro said "£16million up front and an additional £2.5million in add-ons."

Yeah I saw this too. Marwood, he knows what he is doing :p

Hope not, he's dreadful imo.

Agreed. He's got Gerrard's greed, but not anywhere near the skill or pace. Decent leader but the real star of the midfield in the under 21s has got to be Roddan. That guy is like a cross between Kuyt and Lucas. Doesn't pass as well as Lucas, but has more pace and runs harder. He carries Coady in every game I see (which is all of them this season and a fair few last season) Hoping for Suso to move up, Roddan could make it, Teixiera will move into Suso's slot too. This is why Dempsey makes sense for us, he's a 2 year (maybe 3) stop gap while these midfielders mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom