• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

At the start of the transfer window Liverpool needed a quality centre forward to finish off the chances they wasted last season. At the end of the transfer window they've ended up loaning out their only CF.

Makes sense.

elsk

Banned
At the start of the transfer window Liverpool a quality centre forward to finish off the chnces they wasted last season.At the end of the transfer window they've ended up loaning out their only CF.

Makes sense.

I'm pretty sure Borini is a central striker.

xbhaskarx

DONE DEAL
Tottenham have got another one in the bag. Confirmation from BBC Sport's Mandeep Sanghera that Spurs have completed the signing of striker Clint Dempsey from Fulham. The 29-year-old United States international, who looked like he was heading for Liverpool, has moved to White Hart Lane for a fee in the region of £6m.

Plasma

Banned
The sale of Song has really ruined this transfer window for me. I'm really disappointed in Wenger for allowing that...

I don't think selling Song was a bad thing, from the sounds of it his attitude was piss poor. More annoying that we didn't replace him given that we had the funds and time to do so.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
I hope the rumours about trying to use Henderson as a makeweight are bullshit. He is a quality player who can prosper in the current regime.

omgkitty

I don't think selling Song was a bad thing, from the sounds of it his attitude was piss poor. More annoying that we didn't replace him given that we had the funds and time to do so.

AW on Song: "If he goes we'll take [ie. buy] someone in the defensive area, certainly. That decision will be made over the weekend."

So sad.

Arnie

At the start of the transfer window Liverpool a quality centre forward to finish off the chnces they wasted last season.At the end of the transfer window they've ended up loaning out their only CF.

Makes sense.
I'm pessimistic, but you're just being fucking ridiculous.
You need it this window though.
True, but money doesn't grow on trees, contrary to what I told you the other day. FSG have pumped a lot of money in, unfortunately Rodgers is paying for Comolli's and Kenny's mistakes last year.

Doesn't mean Rodgers won't get money in January and next summer. We've saved £2 million a month, I'd almost guarantee it.

People putting FSG in the same bracket as Hicks and Gilette based on their nationality are idiotic. I'm as disappointed as anyone, and questions need to be asked, but we need to do it intelligently, and with clarity, not just say 'Liverpool don't have a striker' or 'FSG = CHEATING YANKS'.

Salvadora

Song is so sad because we sold because of choice and still didn't line up a replacement. The fuck you doing Arsene?

I'm pessimistic, but you're just being fucking ridiculous.

True, but money doesn't grow on trees, contrary to what I told you the other day. FSG have pumped a lot of money in, unfortunately Rodgers is paying for Comolli's and Kenny's mistakes last year.

Doesn't mean Rodgers won't get money in January and next summer. We've saved £2 million a month, I'd almost guarantee it.

People putting FSG in the same bracket as Hicks and Gilette based on their nationality are idiotic. I'm as disappointed as anyone, and questions need to be asked, but we need to do it intelligently, and with clarity, not just say 'Liverpool don't have a striker' or 'FSG = CHEATING YANKS'.
Was only saying that in response to Rodgers getting no more money.

Lightning

Banned
Well, yeah but it's now left us short. Yet again we are a Mikel Arteta injury away from falling apart which is really really annoying. I really wanted M'Vila because not only could he cover Song but he could also back up Arteta's role should an unexpected injury occur. We seem to be banking 100% on Wilshere coming back and that could bite us in the ass should he have another set back.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Come on Levy. I've got a feeling there's going to be a problem with the fax machine that lets us get around the deadline.

xbhaskarx

What do you expect from American owners? Saying that I can't really blame them after the crappy over priced British players Daglish and Comolli brought in.

Yeah blame American owners, because Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish is above criticism right

Come on Levy. I've got a feeling there's going to be a problem with the fax machine that lets us get around the deadline.

Here's your glimmer up hope

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Tottenham 100% still working on a deal to sign Porto midfielder Moutinho. Whether or not it happens is a different matter #bbcfootball #thfc

I've given up though.

Pretty happy with that window.

For United - it went alot better than expected. We didn't get the CM we badly need, but we did get 2 absolute class players, a LB and a couple of exciting youngsters.

The main title rivals;

City did spend in the end but nothing that scares me. We'll see how their buys pan out and they might have a couple of gems in there, but for now I'm just thinking "well, that could have been worse".

Chelsea have signed some really good players but I still think they're weak at the back, not particularly great in CM and could have done with a better strikerl. Plus I don't rate Di Matteo.

Generally the league has lots of new exciting players playing in it, most teams are better IMO which is good because it's more exciting for us to watch but will also hopefully raise the standard a bit too.

Wes

venison crêpe
Aston Villa Summer Transfers

In:
Lowton - £3m
Vlaar - £3m
El Ahmadi - £2.5m
Holman - Free
Bennett - £2.5m
Westwood - £2m
Bowery - 500k
Benteke - £7m
£20.5m

Out:
Cuellar - Free
Heskey - Free
Collins - £2.5m
Delfouneso (Loan)
£2.5m

£18m Outlay.

Shame we couldn't get rid of Hutton or Warnock. Unless a side take them on emergency loan later, we'll have to eat Warnock's contract for the next year and have to think up a way to dump Hutton out of his 3 years remaining come January.

0,,10265~11177816,00.jpg

Clegg

This transfer window has been so strange. At the start of it I was convinced that United needed to sign a good CM to win the league. Now its over and we still haven't signed a CM but our rivals haven't strengthened the areas they've needed to either.

Salvadora

CL definitely isn't happening this year. It'll be a slow start for Rodgers.

I'd be happy if I was a Liverpool fan though, Rodgers seems to know what he's doing.

This transfer window has been so strange. At the start of it I was convinced that United needed to sign a good CM to win the league. Now its over and we still haven't signed a CM but our rivals haven't strengthened the areas they've needed to either.
Bould is our best signing.

elsk

Banned
This transfer window has been so strange. At the start of it I was convinced that United needed to sign a good CM to win the league. Now its over and we still haven't signed a CM but our rivals haven't strengthened in the areas they've needed to either.

Examples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom