• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

According to a reliable news source in Portugal (TSF), the Moutinho deal is dead and he will stay at Porto. Apparently there was never an agreement between Tottenham and FC Porto (Spurs offered 28M, Porto wanted 32M to include the Pini Zahavi fee).

I want to try a chicken parm

One of you smoggy types send me one

Also how do people feel about a northern or general footyGAF meet up? Say fa cup final in Manchester or something?

And thus ends the most frustrating transfer window I can ever remember. Not a disaster by any stretch but we could have, and should have, done so much more.

Roll on January.

Bumhead

Banned
We've just signed Martin Taylor from Watford. Centre back. Probably better known for his stints at Blackburn and Birmingham. He was the player who was involved in the incident when Eduardo broke his ankle a few years back.

Very solid signing.

Wessiej

In (10):

Schøne, Poulsen, Moisander, Babel, Sana, Andersen, Meleg, van Kessel, Hoesen & Boccara.

Out (16):

Ozbiliz, Verhoeven, Lodeiro, Bulykin, el Hamdaoui, Vertonghen, Castillion, Jozefzoon, Ooijer, Silva, Anita, Janssen, Cvitanich, van der Wiel, Sneijder & Aissati.

Got in: 29 million
Spent: 4 million

I'm good.

Clegg

Examples?

Liverpool and Arsenal needed strikers. Chelsea and City needed midfielders/defenders. United needed a midfielder. No team has sufficiently strengthened the areas they needed to imo.

Spurs have probably done the best business of the window.

near

Gold Member
According to a reliable news source in Portugal (TSF), the Moutinho deal is dead and he will stay at Porto. Apparently there was never an agreement between Tottenham and FC Porto (Spurs offered 28M, Porto wanted 32M to include the Pini Zahavi fee).

Lol. I actually don't care anymore, media know jack shit, no one does. Everyone is saying something different, even people ITK get wrong info lol. I'm pissed we sold vdV for Dempsey. Actually pissed.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
FootyGAF meet up would be class.

Didn't know Dempsey was 29. Quite disappointed they've plumped for him over Moutinho.

We haven't. We are still trying for Moutinho but the agent fee is the sticking point.

pappe

Examples?
Chelsea needed a backup striker and defenders didn't get any
Arsenal needed defensive covers and dm - no1 bought
Spurs didn't replace Modric
City were not lacking so they r still equally strong as compared to last yr

We bought kagawa and RVP but no CM but if clev god and Carrick click we will be set.

sixghost

We've just signed Martin Taylor from Watford. Centre back. Probably better known for his stints at Blackburn and Birmingham. He was the player who was involved in the incident when Eduardo broke his ankle a few years back.

Very solid signing.

Hopefully Barkley goes out on loan to your club. He just needs to start playing competitive games.

Soi-Fong

Liverpool and Arsenal needed strikers. Chelsea and City needed midfielders/defenders. United needed a midfielder. No team has sufficiently strengthened the areas they needed to imo.

Yup, pretty afraid of Spurs, but their midfield is sorta thin as well.

omgkitty

He's not going anywhere. Who would take him considering his wages?

Wish I could pull a FIFA and just drop all this damn dead weight and just pay whatever fee's it takes to cancel someone's contract. In all reality, I have no idea how stuff like that actually works.

Meier

You've got him don't worry

He's been taking pics

Stepping into his time machine now to wind the clock back a hour or so and we go pick some more players up.

Looks like this is his official page (or fan page)? http://javigarciafas.tk/ Quite a few entries about him being in Manchester and all the goings on. The automatic translation of Google Chrome doesn't seem to be working well with it due to frames, but I plugged a few into the manual translation.

"I wanted to wish the best to my brother Javi García in its new stage in England. You deserve the best always, ace. A kiss, "wrote Capel."
The Benfica midfielder, Javi Garcia, already in Manchester to perform a medical before signing for English champions City.

The Spanish 25 years, hired for the position of Nigel de Jong, was in Manchester `s Hospital Bridgewater before signing the bond yields to Benfica € 20 million, plus performance bonuses.

elsk

Banned

Giroud and Podolski? I don't think City needed anyone to be honest. Chelsea has plenty of defenders, but they could've signed a new DM/CM surely.

Liverpool lack of strikers and Manchester Utd lack of DM are the most incredible ones.

Lightning

Banned

No we don't need strikers and Giroud will come good. No problem there.

Midfield is where we will struggle, especially if Diaby gets injured. Sagna cannot return fast enough for us...

dc89

I asked Marwood what he thought of his performance this transfer window. The picture I got told me all I need to know.

BrianMarwoodManCity2011_2691948.jpg

Clegg

Arsenal have got strikers. We just need to get them scoring.

Podolski will probably play out wide for you. Chamakh and Park aren't good enough either. Giroud could come good but imo Arsenal haven't done enough to replace RVP.

Haven't signed a Song replacement either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom