• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Podolski will probably play out wide for you. Chamakh and Park aren't good enough either. Giroud could come good but imo Arsenal haven't done enough to replace RVP.

Haven't signed a Song replacement either.

They thought they could just grab Tiote from us...

Haha.

Don't know why I'm the most annoyed; we didn't replace Andy Carroll, but Spurs didn't replace Luka Modric.

According to our chairman we did.

dembele5ky3u.jpg

Villas-Boas must be pretty pissed off right now.

Salvadora

Podolski will probably play out wide for you. Chamakh and Park aren't good enough either. Giroud could come good but imo Arsenal haven't done enough to replace RVP.

Haven't signed a Song replacement either.

Arsene said he didn't want to play him like that.

near

Gold Member
Yup, pretty afraid of Spurs, but their midfield is sorta thin as well.

Don't think its going to work. We signed Dembele and Dempsey when AVB didn't want either of them. How will they even fit into our system? If Ade gets injured Defoe is he's replacement, Defoe is wank. We have no cover for Bale or Lennon. AVB is probably pissed. I'm fucking disappointed we sold Modric and vdV and effectively weakened our squad. Lloris is a bonus but we could have done another season with Brad anyway. Levy am cry. I don't expect us to sign Moutinho in some sort of surprise signing now.

Meier

Funny story about Levy..

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas today accused Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy of moving the goalposts at the 11th hour over the transfer of Hugo Lloris.

Aulas claimed negotiations with Levy were the hardest of his 25 years at the top and warned it was "50-50" whether France goalkeeper Lloris joined Spurs before tonight's 11pm transfer deadline.

Tottenham have been linked with a £13million move for Lloris all summer and Aulas admitted they had agreed personal terms with the player.

Speaking after this afternoon's Europa League draw in Monaco, he said: "We have had people speaking all night with Daniel Levy. He talks a lot and goes back on what we've agreed in writing.

"The things as they were at 5am were not the same at 10am. I think we have to make sure we get a certain amount of value because it's important that Hugo can go to a quality club that allows him to do himself justice from a value point of view, so that he can feel right about it.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...posts-in-transfer-of-hugo-lloris-8099598.html

Sloosha

Giroud and Podolski? I don't think City needed anyone to be honest. Chelsea has plenty of defenders, but they could've signed a new DM/CM surely.

Liverpool lack of strikers and Manchester Utd lack of DM are the most incredible ones.

Yep. Think we needed to strengthen the DM/CM position. The Lamps/Mikel partnership doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Oh shit it's Friday!

Football tomorrow. I totally forgot bahaha. No real interesting games but it should be good to see a new faces in action.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Doubt it's happened. Decidedly less scared of Spurs than I was a few hours ago.

I doubt it will happen but Levy is still trying I'm sure. He will try and get an exemption if they get a breakthrough within the hour.

PJX

Don't know why I'm the most annoyed; we didn't replace Andy Carroll, but Spurs didn't replace Luka Modric.

I don't feel bad at all because I'm not expecting much from this season. New manager, new players and new style of play that the players will have to get use to.

At the beginning of last year's summer transfer window I was optimistic about the approaching season, that was until I saw the players Daglish was bringing in. My hopes of us being competitive went out the window. Then pretty much gave up with his treatment of players like Maxi, Meireles and Kuyt.

Hoplatee

In (10):

Schøne, Poulsen, Moisander, Babel, Sana, Andersen, Meleg, van Kessel, Hoesen & Boccara.

Out (16):

Ozbiliz, Verhoeven, Lodeiro, Bulykin, el Hamdaoui, Vertonghen, Castillion, Jozefzoon, Ooijer, Silva, Anita, Janssen, Cvitanich, van der Wiel, Sneijder & Aissati.

Got in: 29 million
Spent: 4 million

I'm good.

Oh man, what will you do without Verhoeven!

Anyway, yeah. Think they sold well, got some decent new people in. Glad most Dutch teams stayed pretty much intact / improved. Just not Heerenveen and Feyenoord I guess :p Will be a fun year between Ajax, PSV & Twente.

Lakitu

st5fu
Rory Smith on Twitter is saying FSG are reluctant to put any more major investment into the club. Saying last summer was all they were prepared to do and from now on it's self sufficiency the whole way.

Nice.

Next summer - Sahin - Frogson plz.

Well, it looks like we're not getting into the Champions League anytime soon, not with that attitude.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Levy let us down. He cares more about money than success, he sacked Harry for no reason and now AVB isn't getting the support he was promised. :/

Wat

We have had a great window. If we don't get Moutinho it's because we simply can't afford it.

ShogunX

Adam Day™ ‏@AdamDo_DaDay
From the director of communications at Fulham, Sarah Brookes, 30 minutes ago outside Motspur park, "Liverpool only offered £3m for Dempsey".

If that's true.....amazing.

Wilbur

Banned
Adam Day™ ‏@AdamDo_DaDay
From the director of communications at Fulham, Sarah Brookes, 30 minutes ago outside Motspur park, "Liverpool only offered £3m for Dempsey".

If that's true.....amazing.

Oh wow hahaha

To be honest 6m is a great price but he's 29 and isn't necessarily exactly what Spurs needed.

Suarez needs to step it up massive

Fergie

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom