• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

near

Gold Member
Wat

We have had a great window. If we don't get Moutinho it's because we simply can't afford it.

Great window? Great? Really? Great would have been signing a creative midfielder with the 29yr old Dempsey AVB never wanted. We sold practically our entire team, so much money coming into the club its a great window if you care about the clubs finances, its not a great window if you shared the same ambitions as AVB. We effectively have no replacements on the wings and we sold Rafa and bought in Dempsey. Why?

Don't think its going to work. We signed Dembele and Dempsey when AVB didn't want either of them. How will they even fit into our system? If Ade gets injured Defoe is he's replacement, Defoe is wank. We have no cover for Bale or Lennon. AVB is probably pissed. I'm fucking disappointed we sold Modric and vdV and effectively weakened our squad. Lloris is a bonus but we could have done another season with Brad anyway. Levy am cry. I don't expect us to sign Moutinho in some sort of surprise signing now.

Que!? How does that work, thought you got rid of Comolli and the manager was in charge of transfers. Director of football must still consult coach, AVB came out to say they were not his choices?

Soi-Fong

Young is injured now based off that article.. Are you shitting me?

Good thing Nani s going nowhere then. He has RW on lockdown then.

dc89

My Liverpool supporting friend has informed me he's having a scotch egg to make him feel better after Liverpool's lack of antics.

near

Gold Member
Que!? How does that work, thought you got rid of Comolli and the manager was in charge of transfers. Director of football must still consult coach, AVB came out to say they were not his choices?

AVB can make a request, the rest is in the hands of Levy and gang. We don't have Comolli no more.

LTWheels

Fuck real football, my FM save is far more interesting.

Mourinho sacked, Benitez now manages RM.
Tottenham signed Huntelarr and Adam Johnson
Sunderland signs Joe Cole
Arsenal signs Baines and Reo-Coker
Liverpool signs Cavani and Etienne Capoue
City signs Darijo Srna and Jagielka
United signs Dede
Chelsea sign Adebayor

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Great window? Great? Really? Great would have been signing a creative midfielder with the 29yr old Dempsey AVB never wanted. We sold practically our entire team, so much money coming into the club its a great window if you care about the clubs finances, its not a great window if you shared the same ambitions as AVB. We effectively have no replacements on the wings and we sold Rafa and bought in Dempsey. Why?

We got good value for a homesick Rafa and replaced him with a more versatile player with similar goal output. We sold a bunch of crap that never played and brought in Gylfi, Dembele, Lloris, and Ade as well. Kranjcar, Gio, Pav, Charlie, Bassong etc never played, who gives a shit if we trim the squad a bit? Naughton can cover both full back positions, Clint covers wide and striking positions, Dembele covers CM and CAM. Gylfi takes better set pieces than Rafa and has similar goal output as well. Honestly I think we have done really well and spent fantastically well.

Levy tried for Moutinho but we seemingly couldn't get him. We still have a great team and I'm excited by all our signings.

My Liverpool supporting friend has informed me he's having a scotch egg to make him feel better after Liverpool's lack of antics.

5egoG.jpg

Is he this guy?

We got good value for a homesick Rafa and replaced him with a more versatile player with similar goal output. We sold a bunch of crap that never played and brought in Gylfi, Dembele, Lloris, and Ade as well. Kranjcar, Gio, Bassong etc never played, who gives a shit if we trim the squad a bit? Naughton can cover both full back positions, Clint covers wide and striking positions, Dembele covers CM and CAM. Gylfi takes better set pieces than Rafa and has similar goal output as well. Honestly I think we have done really well and spent fantastically well.

I think we've done ok. We didn't get rid of Jenas yet, Gomes/Cudicini, Bentley, etc...

And we didn't get the player AVB wanted, which is terribly disappointing when Levy probably considers this window a massive success.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think we've done ok. We didn't get rid of Jenas yet, Gomes/Cudicini, Bentley, etc...

And we didn't get the player AVB wanted, which is terribly disappointing when Levy probably considers this window a massive success.

Sure but we tried. AVB said himself that it was an impossible deal, at least we tried. We may wake up to hear the fax machine excuse and that we actually signed him. We failed to shift a few but JJ and Bentley can pay a role in the cups. Every team has a few players they can't shift.

Wes

venison crêpe
A black striker? Describe him as the 'young Drogba'.

This Benteke kid better be good with comparisons like that.

He's 6'5", solid build, plays with back to goal or behind a main striker so comparisons will be made.

I've heard he's a less technically polished Lukaku and has had some personal problems in the past... will be a test for Lambert but there's a lot of potential here.

sixghost

He's 6'5", solid build, plays with back to goal or behind a main striker so comparisons will be made.

I've heard he's a less technically polished Lukaku and has had some personal problems in the past... will be a test for Lambert but there's a lot of potential here.

christ

faridmon

Best summer signing since I became a fan in 2000. On top of that, Our players have stayed on. Lol at WesseJ strongly indicating that Heitinga is leaving.

Hooray!

Oh.

Kyoufu

If I was a player in Newcastle's first team I would think WTF at the lack of business this summer.

How did we convince Ba to stick around without ambition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom