• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
I'll admit that I wasn't a believer in Diaby, let alone in a holding role, but he convinced me today. Diaby, Arteta, and Cazorla were all fantastic and Diaby ran the midfield today (even with less possession than Liverpool); he might not have the eye for a pass, but he's a great physical presence and made great drives with the ball.
I am not convinced on his fitness or ability to last the season. Even Wenger after the game had doubts about Diaby lasting the distance. He looked good today, great performance, but I still have doubts long term.

dc89

Banned Newspaper are running with a Falcao story.

His father has apparently revealed that City, Chlesea and Anzhi are interested in signing him.

3Sixty

I've been hyping up Schniderlin for a few years now, fantastic player. Xabi Alonso MkII.

Going to give a bit if a write up and comment on the game when I get in from work.

Clegg

Arsenals first goal is horrible from a Liverpool perspective. Podolski started in his own half and bombed past Allen and Sahin. He then got into the box and scored while the two Liverpool midfielders were still ambling back.

Terrible lack of effort.

jtb

Banned
I am not convinced on his fitness or ability to last the season. Even Wenger after the game had doubts about Diaby lasting the distance. He looked good today, great performance, but I still have doubts long term.

Agreed. But that's what Ramsey and Wilshere are for. Definitely see Ramsey in the same mold as Diaby, and he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. Think Diaby will be dropped from the starting XI anyways for Wilshere once he is match fit.

Clegg

Agreed. But that's what Ramsey and Wilshere are for. Definitely see Ramsey in the same mold as Diaby, and he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. Think Diaby will be dropped from the starting XI anyways for Wilshere once he is match fit.

We'll take him at United if he isn't getting a game.

But theres no way he'll be dropped imo. Wenger stuck by him for years during his injury problems. He won't drop him for another player thats been out for 14 months.

Don't think Ramsey has the engine to play a box to box type role.

Thnk he is more of an AMF rather than CMF, Wilshere yes but is he strong enough to do box to box for several games on the go? He is more than willing to jump into a tackle yes but I really don't think he can do it throughout the season. Ramsey is good but his game to me is more pass and move find angle pass again, you know working up field to breakdown a stubborn defence don't think he has the engine or aggression to be a box to box mid.

oddly enough I think Dembele would have suited Arsenal quite well apart from the hanging on to the ball too long.

jtb

Banned
We'll take him at United if he isn't getting a game.

But theres no way he'll be dropped imo. Wenger stuck by him for years during his injury problems. He won't drop him for another player thats been out for 14 months.

Diaby's been out for longer. and he gave Wilshere the 10.

Not that it'll matter. Injuries happen, suspensions happen, rotation happens. I'm just glad we've got some pretty solid squad depth; nothing like last season (or really any of the last four or five seasons)

Banned Newspaper are running with a Falcao story.

His father has apparently revealed that City, Chlesea and Anzhi are interested in signing him.
And the transfer window is still open for one of them. Fuck off Anzhi you already have Eto'o and Traore, what do you need more strikers for?

Clegg

Glen Johnson is getting slated on MoTD.

Saying he's too keen to get forward and it cost Liverpool as he was out of position when Arsenal counterattacked.

Wilbur

Banned
Glen Johnson is getting slated on MoTD.

Saying he's too keen to get forward and it cost Liverpool as he was out of position when Arsenal counterattacked.

Neither goal was his fault. Reina and Gerrard have to take the blame. He's out of position a fair few times but individual mistakes cost Liverpool the game today.

Sahin did nothing of note on MOTD, but it'll come. I like Rodgers. Hopefully he doesn't get sacked. I somewhat root for Liverpool at times because of him, unlike under Kenny.

Clegg

Neither goal was his fault. Reina and Gerrard have to take the blame. He's out of position a fair few times but individual mistakes cost Liverpool the game today.

Sahin did nothing of note on MOTD, but it'll come. I like Rodgers. Hopefully he doesn't get sacked. I somewhat root for Liverpool at times because of him, unlike under Kenny.

I watched most of the game and Sahin really didn't do much.

He just looked off the pace. It will be interesting to see if he can adapt to the PL.

rodvik

Who's the Villa number 14? Might as well have not been there.

Holman. he had a good game actually. Showed ben Arfa his "weak" foot and signaled for his defender to close him. Didnt work out....

Dont mind losing 2 points to that goal though. Scorcher.

Zabojnik

What a fabulous picture!

At the risk of sounding like a sborrone, right now Pirlo is at 60%, Marchisio at 50%, Vidal at 40%. I'm glad we're winning even with such shit form, but I sincerely hope it was all planned. Start slow, get in near-top shape when the CL matches come around. I don't want us to get raped by Chelsea. :/

Fry

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

an interesting @revistadelaliga ahead. According to @cadenaser Ronaldo has told Florentino Perez that he wants to leave Real Madrid....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salvadora

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

an interesting @revistadelaliga ahead. According to @cadenaser Ronaldo has told Florentino Perez that he wants to leave Real Madrid....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't see anything on his twitter.
Edit: found it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOLY SHIT

Fucking megaton if that's true

CR7 to Anzhi or PSG. You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom