• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Ok, this game does have every thing. The ref had to have treatment on a hamstring strain at half time, and is hobbling around the pitch. Might need to be replaced.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
i remember when i first got satellite tv in america and juve rocked ibra, nedved, trezegol, del piero, gigi. goddamn dat team

capello.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Eh, didn't they win Serie A twice in that period? (I'm ignoring you-know-what).

Yes, but we played too much like
United
. Effective, sometimes boring football.

His record with us was unbelievable (53W-18D-5L 69.74%), but as usual, he was terrible when it came to knockout stages. And he proved that again with Madrid. He's a league manager, nothing more and nothing less.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I wish Falcao wasnt so expensive so he could play for a team I like like Juve or Bayern. he'll probably go to some JT team like chelsea or city or psg :|

Zabojnik

Insigne: "Del Piero is my idol. It's a shame I won't be able to play against him."

Now watch the Napoletani brainwash him and make him become a Maradona adorer in a few month's time. Should've come to Juve, Lorenzo.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I wish Falcao wasnt so expensive so he could play for a team I like like Juve or Bayern. he'll probably go to some JT team like chelsea or city or psg :|

Falcao is my dream striker. <3 I would sell half our squad with Cavani and Marotta on top just to see him in a Juve shirt.

You never know with Bayern, they're fucking loaded!

Wilbur

Banned
Yes, but we played too much like
United
. Effective, sometimes boring football.

So fucking true :/ we've become utterly functional the last few years. Default option far too often is give the ball to Scholes/Carrick, they spray it out to Evra/Valencia, someone gets on the end of a cross.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Falcao is my dream striker. <3 I would sell half our squad with Cavani and Marotta on top just to see him in a Juve shirt.

yeah but I think the atl fans love him. hes actually a real sweet guy considering he throws himself at the ball like a mad man. he has been injury prone in the past so I worry about him. atl wants near 100 mil € for him so probably only the oil clubs can buy him. Im actually ok with him staying at atl madrid. good league and not too much fouling.

NHale

yeah but I think the atl fans love him. hes actually a real sweet guy considering he throws himself at the ball like a mad man. he has been injury prone in the past so I worry about him. atl wants near 100 mil &#8364; for him so probably only the oil clubs can buy him. Im actually ok with him staying at atl madrid. good league and not too much fouling.

Isn't his release clause 60M? IRC that was the number reported when he left Porto.

Cuddler

Today is the 23rd anniversary of the untimely and tragic death of the great Gaetano Scirea, a date that never passes without commemoration in the Juventus calendar. His name is honored with a star at the new ground and the Curva in which the club&#8217;s supporters sit will take it again too. He will never be forgotten.

Scirea had gone on a routine scouting trip to Poland to watch Górnik Zabrze, Juventus&#8217; opponents in the first round of the 1989 UEFA Cup, a competition they would go on to win in his honor. The 36-year-old, who was then Dino Zoff&#8217;s assistant, had already been to see them play. He didn&#8217;t need to go again. But such was Scirea&#8217;s commitment to the club, he got in his car, waved goodbye to his wife Mariella and left for the airport in search of that something, which could give his beloved Juventus an edge.

Scirea would be involved in a road accident in the early hours of the Polish morning between Warsaw and Katowice. The news didn&#8217;t reach Italy until the afternoon. Juventus were on their way back from Verona where they had beaten Hellas 4-1. Sandro Ciotti, one of Italy&#8217;s great commentators, interrupted la Domenica Sportiva to break the story, his famous gravel-toned voice faltering over the words. The emotion was plain for everyone to hear and see.

GaetanoScirea.JPG

Scirea is one of only five players in European football history to have won all international trophies for football clubs recognized by UEFA and FIFA. Scirea is also one of only nine players in the history of the European football that won all three major UEFA football competitions. He played for the Italian national team for more than a decade during which he was irreplaceable as the leading defender, keeping Franco Baresi out of the national team for four years until he retired in 1986. Scirea became a World Champion with the 1982 FIFA World Cup winning team, which defeated Brazil 3&#8211;2 in a brilliantly played quarter-final match, and dominated Germany 3&#8211;1 in the final.

Scirea was a graceful defender of great skill and tactical ability. In contrast to the ruthless tactics often employed by other defenders, most notably his paired partner, Claudio Gentile, Scirea was renowned for his class, fair play and sportsmanship. Scirea never earned a red card in his career.

He played the sweeper, or libero, role for most of his career, and contributed to the development of this position initiated by Franz Beckenbauer in the 1970s. Thus, Scirea would detach himself from the defensive line and contribute to the attacking potential of his team, frequently being involved in the build-up of goals, and sometimes even scoring himself. In the latter part of his career, Scirea played a more defensive central-defender role, which he excelled at just the same.

Ciao Gai.
Great post Zabojnik, even if I don't really know that much about him he was a really great man and a great football player for both Juventus and Italy. You can see that also because even the other team fans respect him.
Scirea :(

I really wanted us to name our stadium after him.

1405_img_0641.jpg

60% for Pirlo is extremely generous :p

There was certainly something different with the team, we took our foot off the pedal after their red card.

Juvinco <3 2 goals and 1 assist already!
Perfect!
i remember when i first got satellite tv in america and juve rocked ibra, nedved, trezegol, del piero, gigi. goddamn dat team

If only we had a decent coach as well ... Thanks, Capello, for making a star-spangled team play like a Serie D squad.

Yeah...in fact last year we have probably played way better than the majority of the matches from that Juventus. However, a super star team is not always easy to manage.

Same, Juventus plan, buy Llorente for 10, sell him for 20, Matri for 10, Quagliarella for 10, Bendtner for 5, add 15m&#8364; and boom we have Falcao.
Bayern buy who and when they want!
lol, true.
except Bayer Leverkusen players

Carbonox

Insigne: "Del Piero is my idol. It's a shame I won't be able to play against him."

Now watch the Napoletani brainwash him and make him become a Maradona adorer in a few month's time. Should've come to Juve, Lorenzo.

Speaking of Insigne, he's got ridiculous - nearly OP level - agility/speed stats in FIFA for such a young player. Is he like that in real life?

Mumei

I watched the The Beautiful Century DVD. It was a bit too glib for me. I don't know why, but I expected something slightly more substantive about players and teams and coaches than "This game happened, this was the score" repeatedly.

Seeing Pele reminded me of when I was 14 or 15 and I was first sort of becoming interested in it, though. My younger brother had started playing travel soccer and I got dragged along to games sometimes, and I had found it more interesting so I ended up going to the school library and reading a few books including one about Pele. Unfortunately this was like 11 or 12 years ago and there was not much in the way of options for me to try to watch back then. But there was almost a weird bit of nostalgia watching something that I had not actually seen before but still reminded me of a time in my life.

Zabojnik

Can't blame Berba for being angry at his lack of chances to play.

He's a bit of a character, isn't he? He pulled the exact same transfer bullshit years ago, when he was supposed to go to Lecce. He had his medical in Italy, everything was in place ... and then he changed his mind and went to Leverkusen.

Yen

Suso is still serving a 4 match ban, he got his second red of the season in the last game of last season.

Mumei, I'd say most fans don't have much love for Pele due to how arrogant he is, and his badmouthing of other players who could be the best ever.

Zabojnik

Goddamn, our after-break schedule is fucking insane.

- Genoa (away) on the 16th
- Chelsea (away) on the 19th
- Chievo (home) on the 23rd
- Fiorentina (away) on the 26th
- Roma (home) on the 30th
- Shaktar (home) on the 2nd of October

6 matches in 16 days. Crazy.

MPW

Giampaolo Pazzini scored a hat-trick in his first start for Milan at Bologna, as the Rossoneri rolled to a 3-1 win. So do we add his swap with Antonio Cassano to the long list of boneheaded trades Inter have made with Milan?

You know, genius moves like exchanging Andrea Pirlo for Andres Guglielminpietro? (Who? Exactly ...) Or Cristian Brocchi for Drazen Brncic? Clarence Seedorf for Francesco Coco? Dario Simic for Umit Davala?

damn inter needs to stop swapping players with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom