• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melfice7

Hulk nooooooooo damn it

big%252520boss%252520salute.jpg

Maybe it's Iturbe's time to shine!

Wes

venison crêpe
Dammit, I feel bad now. I spent about an hour and a half listening to her tell me about how her husband have been cheating on her. How he doesn't see how attractive any more and talks her down because she put on about 5lbs. How her marriage is on the rocks and he doesn't want to try and mend it.

I told her maybe its time for her to move on and not try to force someone to stay in love with you, when clearly they don't want to. I promised her that I wouldn't say anything to anyone in the office and I won't mention it to my wife because one of her friends is my wife's friend.

:(

If the reported 60M for Hulk are true, I have to say I'm sorry for your loss. Someone should call the cops because FC Porto robbed you in plain daylight.

I actually just read that it was only 40 million which would be overpayment but still pretty decent. And it would be paid over 3 years, we can easily afford that.

RaGe_pt

Surprised there's lots of people that know Iturbe here. I hope we start betting on him now. He is ready I believe...

PS: There's no oficial confirmation yet but the deal was probably made for 60 million euros :O

ATF487

I will ask for you. I will PM if it is possible cause I know their are some rules against doing it for random people :lol

Haha no it's ok, it wasn't a serious suggestion. I want to see England and most of Europe but not when I have no money to my name.

I'd own in the 5v5 though ;)

Meier

Porto will be okay, they just reload with new South Americans. I wonder if Rodriguez or Iturbe will play as a striker? They still have Kleber and their new boy Jackson Martinez who has scored a few times already. Not going to be as easy to play with in FM 2013 now that I won't have a marquee (relatively surplus) guy to sell off early to fund my young player buys!

Surprised there's lots of people that know Iturbe here. I hope we start betting on him now. He is ready I believe...

He's been a FM wonderkid for 2 years now. :)

faridmon

Hulk is a good player no doubt but not near the level of Falcao.

He was the better striker when both of them were there. Also, Now you say that Falcao is that good, what did you (or anyone else) said when he moved for exuberant amount of money?

elsk

Banned
He was the better striker when both of them were there. Also, Now you say that Falcao is that good, what did you (or anyone else) said when he moved for exuberant amount of money?

¿? Falcao was worth 50m when playing for Porto. Atlético got him for a good price. Falcao was amazing in his last season at Porto, already the best striker out there... Falcao always was the star in Porto, and Hulk is a winger isn't he?

LegoArmo

PS: There's no oficial confirmation yet but the deal was probably made for 60 million euros :O

I bought him on FIFA when Real Madrid bought Robert Snodgrass from me for £30m. Then after Iturbe turned out to be brilliant, they bought him for £40m.

Weird game.

Meier

Huh? Falcao was far more prolific at Porto than Hulk was. His price was very fair when he moved given the success he'd had at home and in the Europa League.

NHale

I actually just read that it was only 40 million which would be overpayment but still pretty decent. And it would be paid over 3 years, we can easily afford that.

It's been confirmed from multiple sources that Zenit paid 60M. But FC Porto will have to make a public statement since they are on the trade market so we will know soon enough.

Yeah, well, that is what they said about Falcao and look at him now...

Not from anyone that watched him play here in Portugal (except bitter fans from other clubs). Falcão always showed up and played great in big games unlike Hulk that often disappears completely when he's not playing the likes of Rio Ave, Moreirense or Gil Vicente. Look back at FC Porto UEFA Cup campaign 2 years ago and tell me who carried that team almost by himself. It was Falcão not Hulk.

Atletico hasn't even paid anywhere near the fee for Falcao. They don't even have the money.

Someone buy Falcao.

‏@SwissRamble
Atletico Madrid’s total debt of €514m is almost as much as RM & Barca (incl €155m owed to taxman) but far lower revenue

Yep. They need to sell sooner or later especially with the tax man wanting his money now. They don't call them the worst run football club for nothing.

Arnie

We need striker. FSG feel they owe Rodgers, and the fans big time. £24 million saved on wages, £25 million a year from Warrior, £60 million TV rights. €55 million release clause, can be activated in January?

falcao2.jpg

He bleeds Liverpool red.

faridmon

¿? Falcao was worth 50m when playing for Porto. Atlético got him for a good price. Falcao was amazing in his last season at Porto, already the best striker out there... Falcao always was the star in Porto, and Hulk is a winger isn't he?

10 - 11 season

Falcao:

34 goals in 43 games

Hulk:

36 in 53 games with 21 assists

For a winger he can sure score a lot, while provide lot of assists

RaGe_pt

Hulk and Falcao are both world class but can't be compared. Hulk plays on the wing, scores lots of goals with a tremendous strong shot! Falcao plays as a striker and is the best at that position. Hulk's position is like Ronaldo's position on the field but Hulk plays on the right.

elsk

Banned
Hulk and Falcao are both world class but can't be compared. Hulk plays on the wing, scores lots of goals with a tremendous strong shot! Falcao plays as a striker and is the best at that position. Hulk's position is like Ronaldo's position on the field but Hulk plays on the right.

Exactly, but if you look at Falcao you're looking at the best striker out there. And that was very obvious since like 2 years ago. Hulk is a great winger, but not the best, not sure if he's even in the top 5 wingers in the world right now.

Yen

Brian Durand ‏@BrianDurand56
Update on Jack Robinsons injury from @RyanMcL2 at the SC. jack took one on the plums and 'couldn't shake it off'

Couldn't understand why he went off. Ouch.

NHale

10 - 11 season

Falcao:

34 goals in 43 games

Hulk:

36 in 53 games with 21 assists

For a winger he can sure score a lot, while provide lot of assists

Europa League 2010/2011:

Hulk: 5 goals, 1180 minutes
Falcão: 17 goals, 1098 minutes. (which includes the game winning goal in the Final)

dc89

WTF. Time i got a new GF.

Her: "I'm on my way home, do you want anything from McDonalds?"
Me: "Yeah sure get me some chicken selects"

*phone goes down*

*phone rings*

Her: "Queue is too long, sacking it off. I'm getting Nando's take out."
Me: *:/* suit yourself.

*phone goes down*

hopes bigged up and dashed in the matter of minutes.

Stubo

*phone goes down*

*phone rings*

*phone goes down*

Wait, you didn't want anything from Nandos, but happily eat McDonalds? What's going on here?

*phone goes down*

*phone rings*

*phone goes down*

But...she's going to get Nandos instead?!?

RaGe_pt

Exactly, but if you look at Falcao you're looking at the best striker out there. And that was very obvious since like 2 years ago. Hulk is a great winger, but not the best, not sure if he's even in the top 5 wingers in the world right now.

Falcao is the best striker in the world right now, no doubts and Hulk is definetly in the top 5 (Tell me five guys better than him). He assists and scores lots of goals, he was our most influential player without a doubt. When we needed to win a game, there was Hulk to send a missile to the nets. I watched them play for us (Falcao for two years, Hulk for four years) and I can say that they are one of the best that ever played here in Porto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom