• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but shouldn't these WC players have more ambition than winning the Russian league?

Zenit is going to be in the champion's league every year so there's that. But honestly the difference in money they can earn in Russia is huge. Especially when you consider the flat 13% tax rate.

Arnie

How are you meant to watch the Russian League? It's not like the Bundesliga, Serie A, or La Liga, where it's deemed attractive enough to be shown on British television, and thus, to me, those quality players choosing to spend the immediate future there is a waste of talent.

Of course it's all subjective, but I'd personally rather see them in a league that isn't walled off.

Melfice7

Yep.

But they won't be able to replace him before January, right? Making 100m on Hulk and Falcao is incredible, but they are going to miss them for a while.

James Rodriguez (21) Christian Atsu (20) Iturbe (19) Kelvin (19)

James is without a doubt awesome :p let's see if the rest have a chance this year to do something, instead of trying to find replacements on the market

Their ambition is getting rich.
irGBY8kB1Lq43.gif

Wilbur

Banned
How are you meant to watch the Russian League? It's not like the Bundesliga, Serie A, or La Liga, where it's deemed attractive enough to be shown on British television, and thus, to me, those quality players choosing to spend the immediate future there is a waste of talent.

Of course it's all subjective, but I'd personally rather see them in a league that isn't walled off.

On this subject, is there anything in England like MOTD or Revista for Serie A and Bundes?

Like... winning the CL? Zenit could be a serious contender now. Really, the only downside of the russian league, in my very personal opinion, is the weather.

Honestly with this squad

Danny - Kerzhakov - Hulk
Witsel - Shirokov
Denisov
Criscito - Lombaerts - Alves - Anyukov
Malafeev

I think we can hold own against anybody not named Real or Barca.

The answer is torrents.

Fixed for ya.

4-0, never forget.

You will lose against Porto in the first knockout stage in the name of justice for stealing Hulk and Alves :(
We already beat them last year and now we are stronger and they are weaker.

Melfice7

Honestly with this squad

Danny - Kerzhakov - Hulk
Witsel - Shirokov
Denisov
Malafeev

You will lose against Porto in the first knockout stage in the name of justice for stealing Hulk and Alves :(

pulga

Banned
Like... winning the CL? Zenit could be a serious contender now. Really, the only downside of the russian league, in my very personal opinion, is the weather.

Honestly with this squad

Danny - Kerzhakov - Hulk
Witsel - Shirokov
Denisov
Malafeev

Some quality players, but hardly CL contenders. Criscito, seriously?

faridmon

Europa League 2010/2011:

Hulk: 5 goals, 1180 minutes
Falcão: 17 goals, 1098 minutes. (which includes the game winning goal in the Final)

So Hulk have more goals in the League than Falcao. Good!

Also, Hulk is mostly a winger, scoring goals was not his job. Like I said: Both were prolific at Porto and I don't see why you all mad at the price.

Match fixing :eek:
:p
We didn't have Criscito back then.

Some quality players, but hardly CL contenders. Criscito, seriously?
When Criscito isn't busy match fixing he is quite good, but what do I know, I just follow a second rate league.

But our secret best player is Denisov. Voted best player in the league last season which had the likes of Eto'o in it. Top 10 DM in the world in my opinion.

Obviously haven't watched him lately, him being in the Russian league and all, but he was dismal back in his Juve days.

He played as a CB back then right? He's a LB now so maybe the switch helped him. He also looked like a regular in the Italian national team before the match fixing thing prior to Euros so they must have seen something decent in him as well.

fuenf

I cant envision Zenith being a serious contender in the CL, they look like the Russian Schalke to me. They got lucky with the draw and might reach the quarterfinals because of it, but that's it imo.

Just to be clear, Criscito was cleared.

clear.. cleared.. I need new words.

Cleared... like Conte?

I cant envision Zenith being a serious contender in the CL, they look like the Russian Schalke to me. They got lucky with the draw and might reach the quarterfinals because of it, but that's it imo.

Funny you say that since we have an official partnership with Schalke.

I think the quarters is the goal at minimum or there will be lots of heat on Spaletti.

MrKaepora

Can anybody in here tell me anything about how Ola John has looked with Benfica? I liked him at Twente, but is he even playing at the moment?
He hasn't played a single game so far and our coach doesn't seem to like him.

Goodbye Witsel and thanks for everything. A terrible season awaits my Benfica.

He hasn't played a single game so far and our coach doesn't seem to like him.

Goodbye Witsel and thanks for everything. A terrible season awaits my Benfica.

Well that sucks, he's quite the promising player, sucks to see another Dutch talent go to waste because they switched teams too early in their carreer. Did the coaching staff change after he joined the team?

Thanks for answering btw.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

It wouldn't be any different for me as an American. Stream like I normally have to do.

fuenf

Funny you say that since we have an official partnership with Schalke.

I think the quarters is the goal at minimum or there will be lots of heat on Spaletti.

Remember Schalke snuck into the semis 2 years ago, so it's possible but i wouldnt rate Zenith ahead of Barca, Bayern, Real, ManCity, Chelsea or Juve and Dortmund, PSG, ManU are at least on par too. (Cant make up my mind about ManU, they could easily be the 4th best team in Europe but so far they havent looked good).

FootballFan

Someone explain to me why any black man would want to play in Russia?

It's not like as soon as Russians see Eto'o in the streets they all start throwing rocks at him. And Hulk did get racist monkey chants in Portugal too. Sucks that there are still racists out there. You would think in 2012 it would be non-existent.

Melfice7

Well that sucks, he's quite the promising player, sucks to see another Dutch talent go to waste because they switched teams too early in their carreer. Did the coaching staff change after he joined the team?

No change in staff, coach got angry at him in the pre-season for some reason and he hasn't played since then

MrKaepora

The staff is the same but Ola John is having a little hard time adapting to Benficas tactic. This and our coach is, to put it simple, a great a-hole. In one of the pre season match he began to argue with the player in front of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom