• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Yep, get a new girlfriend, and pass your old one on to me.

The postcode to our new house ends in 1BJ, started laughing on the phone to NPower the other week. Took me a few minutes to compose myself and I blamed it on some nefarious activity from one of my housemates who was also in stitches a few feet away.

Childish as fuck, but oh so funny.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
WTF. Time i got a new GF.

Her: "I'm on my way home, do you want anything from McDonalds?"
Me: "Yeah sure get me some chicken selects"

*phone goes down*

*phone rings*

Her: "Queue is too long, sacking it off. I'm getting Nando's take out."
Me: *:/* suit yourself.

*phone goes down*

hopes bigged up and dashed in the matter of minutes.
You should cook her a big fancy dinner instead and then proceed to engage in hot steamy sex on the table.

We need striker. FSG feel they owe Rodgers, and the fans big time. £24 million saved on wages, £25 million a year from Warrior, £60 million TV rights. €55 million release clause, can be activated in January?

He bleeds Liverpool red.

Can you also activate champions league football? no? good luck with that.

there only 3 possible clubs that can have him in their team, the oil giants and Manchester United

it's sad, how only the super rich can afford a certain caliber of players like falcao, strong squads stay strong, ah well, there's always Fifa.

spidye

I think Fry posted all the six goals yesterday. Maybe he can repost them.

edit:

http://i.minus.com/iFEzIxC0nEIYB.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ijONciVnN43TN.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i3LHtF8VGw74n.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iCIg0Oe9nkEy4.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i5mYhRryvWAUH.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i2ahV3jx3iQkc.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibrDSriDBbp70A.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
thanks, elsk and fry8

I'm really glad for müller
dat cross

Arnie

Can you also activate champions league football? no? good luck with that.

there only 3 possible clubs that can have him in their team, the oil giants and Manchester United

it's sad, how only the super rich can afford a certain caliber of players like falcao, strong squads stay strong, ah well, there's always Fifa.

Why do we need to activate Champions League football to match the fee? I've explained how we've got more than enough money to. Whether he'll agree to come is another question entirely, but Hulk and Witsel have just agreed to go to Russia, so anything's fucking possible.

El Sloth

Banned
I want SunhiLengend's gif to live on

iEyPcByBvD0OY.gif

Godspeed, FootballGAF.

Exactly, but if you look at Falcao you're looking at the best striker out there. And that was very obvious since like 2 years ago. Hulk is a great winger, but not the best, not sure if he's even in the top 5 wingers in the world right now.

Was it? All I heard from Footy GAF was that he was good but nothing special and "scoring in the Europa league is easy, he won't do in the CL".

FootballFan

Hope not, would be such a waste of talent.

Russian league and the teams are on the up. Don't know much about their financial stability but there are about 5 or 6 really strong teams and some great players. Every good player doesn't have to go to EPL/La Liga/Bayern imo. Maybe they can make Zenit the next big team(doubt it but who knows). Aguero didn't turn out a waste of talent by joining Man City, maybe Hulk will be the same and succeed with Zenit.

Dammit, I feel bad now. I spent about an hour and a half listening to her tell me about how her husband have been cheating on her. How he doesn't see how attractive any more and talks her down because she put on about 5lbs. How her marriage is on the rocks and he doesn't want to try and mend it.

I told her maybe its time for her to move on and not try to force someone to stay in love with you, when clearly they don't want to. I promised her that I wouldn't say anything to anyone in the office and I won't mention it to my wife because one of her friends is my wife's friend.
PJX, in the words of Mark Brandon "Chopper" Reid,"Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn". You should of come back and told us all about the crazy positions you done her in etc.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Dammit, I feel bad now. I spent about an hour and a half listening to her tell me about how her husband have been cheating on her. How he doesn't see how attractive any more and talks her down because she put on about 5lbs. How her marriage is on the rocks and he doesn't want to try and mend it.

I told her maybe its time for her to move on and not try to force someone to stay in love with you, when clearly they don't want to. I promised her that I wouldn't say anything to anyone in the office and I won't mention it to my wife because one of her friends is my wife's friend.

ihpadRrpDWlAI.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41711568&postcount=46

I mean, that sucks dude.

RaGe_pt

James will be enough. That kid has been growing at a really good pace and now that Hulk is gone he'll be the main option to replace him.

I laugh at benfica and sporting fans partying because Hulk is gone. Let's see who laughs at the end again lol. James will do great this year. 60 million euros was to much to refuse. In Pinto da Costa I trust! =)

Why do we need to activate Champions League football to match the fee? I've explained how we've got more than enough money to. Whether he'll agree to come is another question entirely, but Hulk and Witsel have just agreed to go to Russia, so anything's fucking possible.

Hulk and Witsel will still be in the champions league, with huge wages on top, that league aint worth shit though, probably win it too

you can match a fee, but you'll still be overlooked by players like spurs have on many occasions, even city had problems before the champions league qualification, now they can realistically sign anyone

I'd love to see a strong liverpool team soon, scousers are highly dramatic in a title race

Also, Abola.pt doing it again

"O FC Porto tem 85 por cento do passe, pelo que irá receber 40 milhões de euros, naquela que é a maior transferência de sempre do futebol português."

translation:
"Porto has 85% of the pass, so it gets €40M"

That math!

Russian league and the teams are on the up. Don't know much about their financial stability but there are about 5 or 6 really strong teams and some great players. Every good player doesn't have to go to EPL/La Liga/Bayern imo. Maybe they can make Zenit the next big team(doubt it but who knows). Aguero didn't turn out a waste of talent by joining Man City, maybe Hulk will be the same and succeed with Zenit.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. The league is definitely improving. Notice how in the last couple years players are coming to Russia but none of the better players are leaving?

As for us, even last year if we didn't have our reserve goal keeper letting in 2 horrible goals in the home leg we would have been in the quarters of the champion's league.

Can anybody in here tell me anything about how Ola John has looked with Benfica? I liked him at Twente, but is he even playing at the moment?

I'm loving all the salt. BTW, for those saying the league is shit, you ever watched it?

Not saying it's amazing but the top 7-8 teams are all pretty good, the league is competitive and even the bottom of the table teams are still pretty well organized.

Wilbur

Banned
Witsel to Zenit is now official as well. It's up on zenit's website. Based Gazprom!

Witsel and Hulk? Well fuck. When they get used to the weather, that league is wrapped up.

Another CM we've missed out on.

Rvy must be fuming, Witsel and Garcia gone in a few days

Witsel and Hulk? Well fuck. When they get used to the weather, that league is wrapped up.

Another CM we've missed out on.

Rvy must be fuming, Witsel and Garcia gone in a few days

Frankly the league was wrapped up even without the new purchases. Zenit has flat out the best squad in the league. These purchases were made for the Champions League. It's now quarters finals or bust for Spaletti.

How much?

Nothing official has been said but his release clause was 40 million so I would say we paid 40 million.

FootballFan

I'm loving all the salt. BTW, for those saying the league is shit, you ever watched it?

Not saying it's amazing but the top 7-8 teams are all pretty good, the league is competitive and even the bottom of the table teams are still pretty well organized.

Speaking the truth right there. The Russian league does have it's problems but saying its a shit league/waste of talent is just wrong imo.

elsk

Banned
Yep.

But they won't be able to replace him before January, right? Making 100m on Hulk and Falcao is incredible, but they are going to miss them for a while.

There are plenty of talented players in Latin America, you just have to look closely.

Sorry, but shouldn't these WC players have more ambition than winning the Russian league?

Like... winning the CL? Zenit could be a serious contender now. Really, the only downside of the russian league, in my very personal opinion, is the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom