• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Schalke snuck into the semis 2 years ago, so it's possible but i wouldnt rate Zenith ahead of Barca, Bayern, Real, ManCity, Chelsea or Juve and Dortmund, PSG, ManU are at least on par too. (Cant make up my mind about ManU, they could easily be the 4th best team in Europe but so far they havent looked good).

I wouldn't rate us above them either but has gotten to the point where it wouldn't shock me if we beat most of those teams either.

There is no reason.

I am dreading Russia 2018.

ac74613962c5725cf7346308d97922ff-getty-511637150.jpeg

NHale

Can anybody in here tell me anything about how Ola John has looked with Benfica? I liked him at Twente, but is he even playing at the moment?

He looked terrible on preseason. Benfica's coach hates him to a point where they spent an extra 8M to buy another guy that plays in the same position.

So far he seems like a kid that only knows to attack and doesn't know how to defend so he will not get any playing time until he learns that playing football means you have to use your brains a little bit.

Yep.

But they won't be able to replace him before January, right? Making 100m on Hulk and Falcao is incredible, but they are going to miss them for a while.

They already have James Rodriguez. He will be the guy that will be sold for 40M in 2014. If Colombia goes to the World Cup than it's a lock.

:lol at bro's thread. Was fucking laughing at some of the completely irrelevant gifs and reaction gifs (they are the best kind of gifs)

Oh and Sunhi delivered again. What a man <3

ihn7ENHwoWsdl.gif

....Verminator?

Slizz

If Nandos or McDonalds had a delivery service they'd be the biggest thing in the UK.

I think Burger King is going to start trying that in the States.

Regardless making your own food is so much better. I'm grilling my dinner right now. Bacon Cheddar burger, Steak Blue Cheese Portabello burger and a Garlic Swiss Burger.

EDIT: And Au Gratin Potatoes.

Kyoufu

Regardless making your own food is so much better. I'm grilling my dinner right now. Bacon Cheddar burger, Steak Blue Cheese Portabello burger and a Garlic Swiss Burger.

Of course, nothing beats home-made, but there are A LOT of people who don't have the time, energy or willpower to cook. That's why takeaways exist :p

Arnie

Job interview tomorrow, nervous! Spent about 2 hours deciding what damn shirt to wear

Good luck man, just remember that no matter how much sleep you get, or how shit you feel beforehand, when you're in there you'll be fine.

Yea, what's the job?

elseanio

Thanks. It's leading the team I currently work in. Kinda weird gauging how to approach an interview with my current line managers (who I get on with outside of work)

Freewheelin', nope.. same place!

NHale

How is their NT so shitty then?

Portugal was the same way when the "golden generation" of Figo, Rui Costa, Paulo Sousa, Fernando Couto, Vitor Baia, Joao Pinto started playing on the national team. Lots of talent but always failed on the national team until something clicked and after 1996 Portugal only missed the 1998 World Cup. Before 1996 we were only present in 3 major competitions...

And our presence in France 1998 was robbed by Marc Batta. Never forget!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So, with Esssien & Mereiless gone, who are the defensive midfielders at Chelsea ?

Romeu is still there ?

Just him and Mikel. Honestly I don't really understand their thinking behind letting Essien and Meireles go, none of their new signings, with the possible exception of Oscar, can play in the same position.

faridmon

Someone explain to me why any black man would want to play in Russia?

Racism even happened in bloody England. Russia is bad, but they need more Black players over there to reduce the Xenophobia. Norway was really bad, now, its awesome.

Good Luck Elesiano. I shudder at the thought of me graduating. I do not like job hunting.

Just him and Mikel. Honestly I don't really understand their thinking behind letting Essien and Meireles go, none of their new signings, with the possible exception of Oscar, can play in the same position.

Ramires is at least the same level as Meireles when it comes to defensive work. Neither of them are really defensive midfielders though.

feel

Beautiful. Play again, play again, play again, play again...

I thought you support R.Madrid?
Yeah, but I'm Portuguese and Porto is my main club, and the only club I truly support no matter what happens. I side with Madrid because of the Portuguese guys (Ronaldo, Mou, Pepe, Silvino, etc), everyone here in Venezuela follows the Spanish league and supports one of the two passionately because the local league is shit.

Arnie

I remember when Meireles got fucking tonked by Yakubu in the merseyside derby where we lost 2 nil under Hodgson. Even I laughed, they went body to body and he fucking ragdolled. It was hilarious.

Eideka

Banned

Yeah this is weird. Their midfield seems weaker now, but they can still sign a top player in January, Falcao and Fellaini are their targets apparently.

Fellaini has been very impressive against United, I wonder if Fergie has ever thought about signing him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks. It's leading the team I currently work in. Kinda weird gauging how to approach an interview with my current line managers (who I get on with outside of work)

Oh you'll be fiiiine.
ksI8h.gif

Bring your giant snake with you just in case.

Tc91

Gotta be a Bacon Cheddar, Steak Blue Cheese sounds good though.

Had a Sirloin with Peppercorn and Stilton sauce for my birthday meal soooooo good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeah this is weird. Their midfield seems weaker now, but they can still sign a top player in January, Falcao and Fellaini are their targets apparently.

Fellaini has been very impressive against United, I wonder if Fergie has ever thought about signing him.

fuu

That would be a devastating combo. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Kyoufu

Jeff I want to say I hope Rovers get promoted but since you picked Liverpool to follow which is the ultimate kiss of death then I think it should stay this way.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom