• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Wore these for a time growing up, couldn't afford £100 predators.

nike-tiempo.gif

Meier

I have some cheap, fairly plain Nike boots. Got em on sale for $60 I think. They're not bad though, I like their look and they feel nice. Wish it was easier to search through OLD texts on iPhone, I'd find what they were called.

Wilbur

Banned
iTunes are streaming the new Dylan album for free. It's fucking brilliant. Best thing he's done since Time Out Of Mind.

Arnie

iTunes are streaming the new Dylan album for free. It's fucking brilliant. Best thing he's done since Time Out Of Mind.

Listened to one of the songs from the OT and it was pants.

Someone give me a top class artist for me to listen to whilst I unpack all my shit into my Uni room.

Someone give me a top class artist for me to listen to whilst I unpack all my shit into my Uni room.
I've been addicted to the album Shrines by Purity Ring. I've been listening to LCD Soundsystem a lot since I watched their documentary last night and got really sad that they ended. Currently listening to a band called Crypts who I'm liking.

Clegg

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/llorente-negredo-benitez-solucion-liverpool/20120905dasdasftb_30/Tes

Is anyone able to give the general gist of this article? If it's suggesting replacing Ian Ayre with Benitez in the role he has signing players then I'm all over that.

Rafa wasn't that good in the transfer market imo. He bought an awful lot of stinkers.

Anyway, he's a former manager of Liverpool who clearly wants another crack at the job. It would put Rodgers in an uncomfortable position.

Feorax

You want Rafa 'Morientes/Keane/Gareth Barry over Alonso' Benitez in charge of transfers?

No, Rodgers would still have final say, but Benitez might be able to grasp that if the team cant score from open play, freeing up a couple of million for a fucking striker might not be such a bad thing.

Benitez signed a few duds, but he did sign some real gems too, even under the ownership of the tumours. Id take him in a DOF type role over Ayre all day long.

Arnie

It would put Rodgers in an uncomfortable position.

Precisely, and this is why I don't want him anywhere near the job.

We can argue about his proficiency in the transfer market until the cows come home, we have done in the past, but that's not Ayre's role. Ayre's role does encompass negotiating for players, amongst other things, but how do we know Rafa's even qualified at that? Rafa's used to selecting the players, primarily, not negotiating for them, so I don't know why anyone would select him over a proven negotiator (the Levy mould).

And the idea also ignores having this ex-Liverpool manager who clearly feels like he should be managing the club still, looming over our current manager. It's a horrendous scenario, and actually a pretty baffling suggestion.

Rafa's a football manager, not a director of football operations or a managing director.

Unpacking my Uni bag...

Torres shirt. :(

ATF487

Swans - The Seer if on headphones. It'll make everything seem really important and life threatening

If not, some Neil Young and Crazy Horse to prove to your hall that you have good taste. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere is a good starting point

Arnie

If not, some Neil Young and Crazy Horse to prove to your hall that you have good taste. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere is a good starting point

It's a house, and there's nobody here but me.

Banging a bit of M83 out whilst I unpack my bags, getting it all done before the NFL in an hour. Swigging a few stubbies whilst I'm at it.

Arnie

Thanks for ignoring my suggestions! Also, you watch the NFL?

Sorry I missed a lot of last page.

I don't usually, but I'm starting from now. I vaguely know the rules and I'm committed to watching as many games as possible. Luckily plenty of games get televised in the UK, starting with the Giants versus the Bears on Sky tonight. Programme starts in about 10 minutes.

Listening to Purity Ring now. Neil Young was decent, sounded like Bowie.

Clegg

My only real exposure to NFL is the Tebow mania from last year. I also owned Madden 2004 for the PS2.

Terrell Owens was on the cover.

FootballFan

Seems like Malouda has been told he has to spend his final year at Chelsea training with the u21's.

Very harsh. Been a good player for Chelsea over the years. Shame he's being given that sort of treatment.

That is pretty damn sad thing to do from Chelsea if it's true. =/

I always like it when people spell "definitely" this way.

Makes me think you'll take no shit from those games companies.

:lol :lol

Wow. Have you guys seen the photo of Nani and Andy Cole having sex with a woman at the same time? Loool

Wait wtf is that really Nani?

dc89

Aguero has said he will not be playing for Argentina over the next two weeks.

Good, he needs to get back to full fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom