• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did Arshavin perform on loan last season?

He was poor at first because he was fat and out of shape and had a bit of trouble adjusting to the team since we play pretty differently than when he was last here. But he got progressively better, scored some goals, had some assists. If he didn't have his stupid little outburst after Euros then I think we would have signed him again.

Example 5:

giovihair6.jpg

Would.

FootballFan

Being a complete striker doesn't mean he's better, it makes him more versatile. Xavi is not a 'complete' midfielder like Poulsen.

Exactly, pretty yawn worthy argument. Yaya Toure is the best player in the world in that case, because I don't think there is anyone quite as complete. Whether its centreback, defensive mid, attacking mid, speed, passing, dribbling, freekicks, both feet, strength etc he has got it all.

Sappy113

Noticed a good amount of you guys watching the NFL tonight. For some reason I feel like NFL has less of a chance or rather the sport of American Football has no chance compared to football outside of the US. Even more so than Football trying to become popular in the US.

This game tonight lulled on forever and didn't get interesting till the very end. So many commercials, longer halftime, I dunno how people would adjust to that.

Compared to football, yea, not a chance. But football is so ingrained in our European culture, that the NFL doesn't really need to compete to surplant it over here. There's room for both.

Not sure how things stand in the UK, but here in Denmark, the popularity of the NFL has been growing like crazy for the last 7-8 years. I've sensed the same for a lot of other Euro countries.

I really love both sports, myself, but yea, it's a different beast than football.

pappe

Exactly, pretty yawn worthy argument. Yaya Toure is the best player in the world in that case, because I don't think there is anyone quite as complete. Whether its centreback, defensive mid, attacking mid, speed, passing, dribbling, freekicks, both feet, strength etc he has got it all.

Berba is the 2nd best player in the world!!!

pappe

It wouldn't surprise anyone if Vermaelen and Wilshere joined that list over the next 18-24 months. The longer the club go without success, the more likely their best players will not renew their contracts if there is interest from elsewhere

How is Wilshere one of your best players when he hasnt even played in over 2 yrs now?

bud23

Madrid fans respond to Cristiano's outburst;

"He's wrong, but we're behind him all the way",

"Cristiano or someone in the club has to clarify what is going on because things still aren't very clear in the aftermath of the player's remarks. If you have a problem you can't just broadcast it. I'd like to know the reasons behind it. What he says about lack of support is just not credible."

"I've no idea what's got into him. He's playing for the best club in the world, he earns a fortune, he's scoring goals... he says it's for professional reasons and not about money. What is there to be sad about then? I can't believe he wants to leave. The fans don't give him too much support because they are very demanding and have whistled other players before. But Cristiano has to learn to live with it like all the rest."

"I think he's made a mistake. But Cristiano is Cristiano and we are going to stick by him. We worship him and we'll back him all the way."

Luckily I´m not alone, when I say he is wrong on his complaints.

So apparently Fergie and Pep met this week in New York. Rumour has it Fergie is sounding him out for the United job.

What would the MU Facebook fans call Guardiola?

Madrid fans respond to Cristiano's outburst;

"He's wrong, but we're behind him all the way",

"Cristiano or someone in the club has to clarify what is going on because things still aren't very clear in the aftermath of the player's remarks. If you have a problem you can't just broadcast it. I'd like to know the reasons behind it. What he says about lack of support is just not credible."

"I've no idea what's got into him. He's playing for the best club in the world, he earns a fortune, he's scoring goals... he says it's for professional reasons and not about money. What is there to be sad about then? I can't believe he wants to leave. The fans don't give him too much support because they are very demanding and have whistled other players before. But Cristiano has to learn to live with it like all the rest."

"I think he's made a mistake. But Cristiano is Cristiano and we are going to stick by him. We worship him and we'll back him all the way."

Luckily I´m not alone, when I say he is wrong on his complaints.

That's the main problem.

bud23

So apparently Fergie and Pep met this week in New York. Rumour has it Fergie is sounding him out for the United job.

What would the MU Facebook fans call Guardiola?

Mou is the perfect man to replace Ferguson.Guardiola always said that he will not stay in a club more than 4-5 years.

Mou wants to back to England in 2 or 3 years. Ferguson is smart and I´m sure he knows very well who is "the choosen one " to replace him.

Mou is the perfect man to replace Ferguson.Guardiola always said that he will not stay in a club more than 4-5 years.

Mou wants to back to England in 2 or 3 years. Ferguson is smart and I´m sure he knows very well who is "the choosen one " to replace him.
As long as it is either of those two, I am happy.

But FWIW, I don't see Mourinho keeping the job for longer than 4-5 years either, max.

FootballFan

So Pep isn't suited because he says he will only stay 4/5 years then you recommend Mourinho who runs away as soon as he wins the CL. I think both Pep and Mou would do well at Man United but neither would stay for long, it's going to be tough for Man United to find another SAF.

dc89

LTTP:

Holy fell at that guy replying to Arnie in the NFL thread. What was he thinking?

the%20playful%20smile.ashx

theres%20that%20hysterical%20smile%20again.ashx

A gallery of photos of everyones favourite City player.

Fergie has an apartment in NYC and his son is currently living there.

He was probably only there for a visit.

:(
That apartment of his, some people say Bebe helped him get it. Just a rumour from the anti-Fergie brigade mind.

Anyway - shush they were both invited to the UEFA elite conference and neither of them went. Clearly they were outlining next summers transfer short list.

Clegg

That apartment of his, some people say Bebe helped him get it. Just a rumour from the anti-Fergie brigade mind.

Anyway - shush they were both invited to the UEFA elite conference and neither of them went. Clearly they were outlining next summers transfer short list.

Don't get my hopes up for Pep.

I couldn't handle the disappointment if we didn't get him.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom