• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ie6GbCoAhFaoN.gif

Thank you

Choc

Banned
this is taken directly from the sports app in Windows 8. You can add your PL team as a watched team and it downloads all sorts of data direct in the OS including fixtures, scores, table etc

6pGoAl.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Oh no! I haven't heard it yet...

Listened to Coexist yesterday, it's cool, but I don't feel like there's any realllly stand out songs like on the first XX album.

Killers have to deliver.

I still need to hear Killers, XX and Bloc Party. Two Door's new album is good, Dylan's is great.

I quite liked the Vaccines latest as well.

I wasn't big on The XX's album, but I didn't love their first album either. Sorry.

I have not listened to Two Door Cinema Club's new album yet though. Need to check that out.

Seriously though, check out a self titled effort from Crypts. Really good.

Clegg

I've heard a bit of the Vaccines new album and imo they're playing it safe. They've not strayed too far from the formula that made their first album a success.

Can't wait to hear the new Titus Andronicus album.

Salvadora

Arsenal's Bacary Sagna questions sales of Robin Van Persie and Alex Song

The Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna feels the sales of their former captain Robin van Persie and the midfielder Alex Song have left "a lot of questions".

The France full-back, who is currently recovering from a broken leg, said he does not understand why the club chose to lose two key players in quick succession before the start of the new season.

Speaking to L'Equipe, Sagna said: "Everyone was expecting Robin van Persie to leave, but Alex Song, that was a surprise. I don't understand that at all. It is a big loss for the club.

"When you see two of the best players from last season leave, you ask a lot of questions. I understand why the supporters are nervous."

The 29-year-old Sagna was signed from Auxerre four years ago, and in that time has seen several of his team-mates leave, including Gaël Clichy and Samir Nasri, who went on to win the Premier League title with Manchester City.

He continued: "I am the only starting player left from 2007. In May, I watched City's parade on TV. I saw Samir and Gaël lift the trophy. I want that [feeling]."

The France defender will be entering the final year of his current deal at the end of the season, and maintains as yet there has been no talk over an extension.

He said: "For the moment, I want to play with Arsenal, and find my level again."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/06/arsenal-bacary-sagna-persie-song
Fuck sake. Guess we know one of the players leaving next season.

Meier

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/06/arsenal-bacary-sagna-persie-song
Fuck sake. Guess we know one of the players leaving next season.

There was an ESPN article (I believe) I read where he was asked if they'd approached him about a new deal but he said that no one had. It doesn't look like Arsenal is intent on keeping him (his current deal runs until Summer 2014) beyond next year in all likelihood.

Shit I forgot about the new Bloc Party album.

It's pretty underwhelming. :(

Salvadora

There was an ESPN article (I believe) I read where he was asked if they'd approached him about a new deal but he said that no one had. It doesn't look like Arsenal is intent on keeping him (his current deal runs until Summer 2014) beyond next year in all likelihood.

Yeah with Jenkinson who needs Sagna.

So next summer Sagna has one year left on his contract?

The exact same way Nasri and RVP had one year left on their contracts?

Arsenal :lol

Sappy113

FM sucks. Who's with me?

No. I got into FM again during the Summer Sale on Steam. Hadn't played one since the old CM days, and have a lot less time to play games than I did back then. Now, 120 hours of play later, I can pretty safely say it drew me right the fuck in again.

But I do agree it tends to take a bit too long to run a season. 120 hours and hardly done with season 3...

jtb

Banned
Sagna's 28 and injury prone. Arsenal's policy on 30+ year olds is one year contracts, iirc, so they'll either sign him to one year extensions or let him leave on a free.

and I have no problem Arshavin staying; he's a competent back-up to Cazorla I think and his contract is up at the end of the season anyways. He can still be a potent threat playing behind the striker, even if he is woefully out of shape. It's when he plays out wide that he's complete shit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41281346&postcount=14638
Apparently...

Johnson to Sunderland
Same Wages as at City
Clause that allows him to leave whenever he wants as long as the club pay the same amount that Sunderland paid for him

Madness.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41282761&postcount=14678

Our owner is a billionaire who has so far had a net spend of £0. Now he's got a manager who he can trust, he is putting his own money in.

But Chriswok's post is so wrong.

;)

Salvadora

Sagna's 28 and injury prone. Arsenal's policy on 30+ year olds is one year contracts, iirc, so they'll either sign him to one year extensions or let him leave on a free.

and I have no problem Arshavin staying; he's a competent back-up to Cazorla I think and his contract is up at the end of the season anyways. He can still be a potent threat playing behind the striker, even if he is woefully out of shape. It's when he plays out wide that he's complete shit.

This is beyond stupid if true.

When does your window close? Apparently somebody in the Zenit management said you're negotiating for Nani and Moutinho :(

It closes in a few hours. Actually what he said was that we WERE negotiating for them but Hulk and Witsel took priority. We don't have an infinite transfer budget, lol. The only way we could afford these purchases is because we haven't bought anybody for like 4 straight transfer windows and likely won't buy anybody again for a while.

D_prOdigy

So apparently Fergie and Pep met this week in New York. Rumour has it Fergie is sounding him out for the United job.

What would the MU Facebook fans call Guardiola?

He'd just be That Guy Who's Gonna Leave in 3 Seasons for me.

Same if it was Mourinho. He could come and win everything in a couple of seasons, but he won't stay. Where's the romance? Where's the Ole?

jtb

Banned
This is beyond stupid if true.

Eh, it makes sense. 30+ year olds are on the decline; you don't know how quickly they are going to deteriorate, and there's no point securing them for resale value given they won't have much anyways. It's only an issue when you don't bother replacing those 30 years olds exiting on a free.

It closes in a few hours. Actually what he said was that we WERE negotiating for them but Hulk and Witsel took priority. We don't have an infinite transfer budget, lol. The only way we could afford these purchases is because we haven't bought anybody for like 4 straight transfer windows and likely won't buy anybody again for a while.
I've just seen this also;

Ashley Gray ‏@AshleyWGray
Zenit director-general Maxim Mitrofanov says their bid for Manchester United winger Nani broke down because he asked for "unreal" wages.

Suggests that we were looking to sell Nani then. Stupid idea, *sigh*.

He'd just be That Guy Who's Gonna Leave in 3 Seasons for me.

Same if it was Mourinho. He could come and win everything in a couple of seasons, but he won't stay. Where's the romance? Where's the Ole?
I just want Mourinho to come in and keep the ship steady. After Fergie leaves, the next title will be the hardest one of them all. It will mean alot for the club, fans, everyone, to know that United can win without Fergie...well, that would be the idea anyway, we're gonna find out if it's true.

Ole after that.

---

Also in United related news;

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen
Was just in court to see Danny Welbeck avoid driving ban for doing 82mph in a 50mph zone. Story on website shortly

Idiot.

Salvadora

Eh, it makes sense. 30+ year olds are on the decline; you don't know how quickly they are going to deteriorate, and there's no point securing them for resale value given they won't have much anyways. It's only an issue when you don't bother replacing those 30 years olds exiting on a free.

I get the reasoning behind it but Sagna is fantastic and is still only 29. The hawks will be circling next summer, I would bet money on it.

Meier

If you guys want a enjoyable pop/folky indie rock album, check out Tennis' Young & Old. One of my favorites this year.

Just finished the new XX album. Not really a fan, really liked their first but this just had no real hook. Disappointing.

A lot of people really like Sunset for some reason. I don't really get that. I liked Angels up until the chorus. Like you said, nothing really stood out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom