• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
I'm afraid to say I kind of agree with that Seinfeld SUCKS thread. Curb is way better and I can't fucking stand Jerry Seinfeld.

I like both Seinfeld and Curb but I prefer watching Seinfeld. I think Seinfeld series is smarter and better, plus they don't need profanity at all to make the show.

Fuck me I feel old, Kyoufu and Mastadon can join me as the old men of football GAF

I bet you kids don't even know what lynx Africa smells like or have never seen trapdoor

Harry Potter - bah! Biff chip and kipper was the books of my youth

Wilbur

Banned
Truth.

I've seen either the first or second part of the last movie. My ex dragged me along. Such a load of shit.

The films are utter tripe.

Books are good, but maybe you missed the whole phase. I suppose half of why I can still read them now is because I read them growing up.

I do think they're very good examples of childrens fiction, and later young adult. Her writing style definitely changes.

BIFF CHIP AND KIPPER YEAHHHHHH

ATF487

I miss the excitement of a new Harry Potter book. They were a pretty massive part of my childhood

Same here. The kids in the books were always close in age to me, and everyone you knew was reading the books

I feel like the magic died when I went to see the last movie though, I was pretty disappointed. Maybe I'll watch it tonight actually...

edit: might make a thread for this but has anyone here coached children in football? I'm helping out with a friend's U10 team and I can't believe how much they fool around. I'm trying to teach them positioning/technique and stuff but they might be too young for it.

I even asked my mum what I was like as a kid and she said "rather serious" so I don't think I ever could relate to these kids

I actually watched some Harry Potter not that long ago and it wasn't as bad as I expected. Still have yet to read or watch any LOTR, just not something I would want to bother with.

kharma45

Books are good, but maybe you missed the whole phase. I suppose half of why I can still read them now is because I read them growing up.

I do think they're very good examples of childrens fiction, and later young adult. Her writing style definitely changes.

PoA was a good film, not just by Potter standards but by actual film ones.

Wilbur

Banned
Same here. The kids in the books were always close in age to me, and everyone you knew was reading the books

I feel like the magic died when I went to see the last movie though, I was pretty disappointed. Maybe I'll watch it tonight actually...

The last film was far better than the first part of DH. That film made me fucking sick. There was one fantastic part that was better than anything in any Harry Potter film and then the rest of it sucked proverbial turds

kharma45

Still have yet to read or watch any LOTR, just not something I would want to bother with.

mGkIp.gif

3Sixty

I read all the books when i was a kid. Though stopped caring after the 5th really, still finished them all though. The films a pretty bad, saw the first one on TV and a girl dragged me to the 4th (i think)

Salvadora

The last film was far better than the first part of DH. That film made me fucking sick. There was one fantastic part that was better than anything in any Harry Potter film and then the rest of it sucked proverbial turds

The flashback scenes were the highlight of those two

Clegg

Harry Potter is what got me reading books in the first place. Order of the Phoenix came out when I was 13 and is linked with my adolescence.

I loved them.

Fuck me I feel old, Kyoufu and Mastadon can join me as the old men of football GAF

I bet you kids don't even know what lynx Africa smells like or have never seen trapdoor

Harry Potter - bah! Biff chip and kipper was the books of my youth
I'm 24 in November and I both remember Lynx Africa and... "Don't you open that trapdoor!" "Berk, feed me!"

The Magic Key, that's what's up.

I'm one of those terrible people who gets his fiction from TV and games. I never read fiction, or at least read very little of it. I'm very much a factual, non-fiction kind of guy.

Clegg

The Hermione/Harry dance to Nick Cave music was one of the best scenes in any of the films.

I'm 24 next in November and I both remember Lynx Africa and... "Don't you open that trapdoor!" "Berk, feed me!"

The magic key, that's what's up.

I'm one of those terrible people who gets his fiction from TV and games. I never read fiction, or at least read very little of it. I'm very much a factual, non-fiction kind of guy.

I loved those books.

Spot the Dog was pretty good too!

Wilbur

Banned
The Hermione/Harry dance to Nick Cave music was one of the best scenes in any of the films.

The music was great but I can't watch Daniel Radcliffe do anything. I can't think of many worse actors than him.

The scene I posted above is probably the best in the entire film series.

Goblet of Fire or Half Blood Price are obv. the best Potters.

And Lynx Africa is the only Lynx I buy. I'm 22 though, I feel like maybe I'm older than most people here...

Wilbur

Banned
Radcliffe was pretty good in Extras.

I thought the character was good but he can't deliver a line of dialogue without sounding like he's tried to memorise it all night and still struggles

Goblet of Fire or Half Blood Price are obv. the best Potters.

Half Blood Prince is great because of all the Snape focus. Best character in the books by far, gets severely underused in the films.

Anybody remember "El Nombre" fairly sure it was a segment during another show.

Anyway, my Español is at the low end of intermediate at very best (try as I might to better myself). Is there a reason why a geezer called "The name" is writting numbers? Or did they literally pick "nombre" because it sounds like number and kids wouldn't know any better?

All this nostalgic talk is making me think of the all the shitty films I used to drag my Nan too. She took me to see the fucking Phantom Menace, without ever seeing any other Star Wars films because I asked. Think how bad and nonsensical that movie is and then imagine watching it when you don't even know what a Darth Vadar is anyway.

Poor woman. I'm going to buy her some flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom