• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark is Rising Sequence is better than these other weak children's / young adult fantasy series you guys have mentioned so far.

For some reason I thought you were younger than me. I'll be 26 in two weeks.

I'm 28 and for the first time in my life I feel old

Mr Majeka is better than Harry Potter any day

It feels weird to me thinking that some of the people in here were in primary school when the attacks on the twin towers happened!

All this nostalgic talk is making me think of the all the shitty films I used to drag my Nan too. She took me to see the fucking Phantom Menace, without ever seeing any other Star Wars films because I asked. Think how bad and nonsensical that movie is and then imagine watching it when you don't even know what a Darth Vadar is anyway.

Poor woman. I'm going to buy her some flowers.

That's because he's named Darth Vader :p

WJD

All this nostalgic talk is making me think of the all the shitty films I used to drag my Nan too. She took me to see the fucking Phantom Menace, without ever seeing any other Star Wars films because I asked. Think how bad and nonsensical that movie is and then imagine watching it when you don't even know what a Darth Vadar is anyway.

It was always my dad who took me to see shitty movies. I'll always remember going to see the 3rd Pokemon movie and having the power fail half way through. I was gutted.

kharma45

It feels weird to me thinking that some of the people in here were in primary school when the attacks on the twin towers happened!

Jesus fucking Christ, now that's a series of books I'd forgotten all about :eek:

fwuV4.jpg

Anyone?

Wilbur

Banned
PIPPIN!!

Honestly guys even if you couldn't give a JT about Harry Potter, the animation here is class -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdSpZgE3fD4

Anybody remember "El Nombre" fairly sure it was a segment during another show.

Anyway, my Español is at the low end of intermediate at very best (try as I might to better myself). Is there a reason why a geezer called "The name" is writting numbers? Or did they literally pick "nombre" because it sounds like number and kids wouldn't know any better?

Never seen that before in my life haha, the fuck is that?!

My nan would have shot herself in the cinema if she knew what she'd let herself in for. She doesn't have a sense of humour either, so her film collection consists of Angela's Ashes, Billy Elliot and Purely Belter for the Geordie connection (but the latter film has the sentence 'great big kick in the cunt' so I doubt she liked it), and a number of Casualty box sets.

It was always my dad who took me to see shitty movies. I'll always remember going to see the 3rd Pokemon movie and having the power fail half way through. I was gutted.

First film me and bro went to see by ourselves was Mewtwo Strikes Back.

ATF487

The kids I'm coaching were all born after 9/11. It's fucked, they probably don't remember a time before iPhones.

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah, I remember coming out of school when that happened and my mum telling me.

I also remember the 7/7 bombings and being in Spanish, and someone theorised it was the French because we'd beat them to hosting the Olympics the previous day.

The teacher just said "don't be a twat."

Yeah, I remember coming out of school when that happened and my mum telling me.

I also remember the 7/7 bombings and being in Spanish, and someone theorised it was the French because we'd beat them to hosting the Olympics the previous day.

The teacher just said "don't be a twat."

Would be a typical French thing to do.

I want to go back.

Is this going to be like on Lost?

Edit : Damn you.

Clegg

The Dark is Rising Sequence is better than these other weak children's / young adult fantasy series you guys have mentioned so far.

For some reason I thought you were younger than me. I'll be 26 in two weeks.

I prefer The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I also have a soft spot for the Wheel of Time series.

But my favourite books are Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky, and Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.

Will eventually get around to reading The Brothers Karamazov.

kharma45

Yeah I would've been in P6 when it happened.

Came home and they'd taken over CiTV with pictures of these towers falling down. Couldn't understand it.

I had the same thing when Diana died, I wanted to watching fucking cartoons not stuff about her.

3Sixty

I remember getting in the car on 9/11 and my mum saying.

"The second tower just went down"

"What?"

"The twin towers"

"They are knocking down wembley?

Edit: I had just started Year 7.

Oh god I'm starting to get super nostalgic.

I might have to roll out my old Pingu and Little Bear videos before I get too depressed.

On the subject of 9/11 I remember it vividly, we were sent home from school shortly after the second tower was hit. I remember sitting about two feet away from the TV when the first tower fell, my Nan was making pancakes for me in the kitchen as I totally nonchalantly informed her that one of the buildings had collapsed. Crazy to think I had literally no idea what was going on.

I was in Year 7, so 11 years old when 9/11 happened. I feel like I was much older than 11.

Shit, that was half my lifetime ago. Half. Jesus.

kharma45

On the subject of 9/11 I remember it vividly, we were sent home from school shortly after the second tower was hit. I remember sitting about two feet away from the TV when the first tower fell, my Nan was making pancakes for me in the kitchen as I totally nonchalantly informed her that one of the buildings had collapsed. Crazy to think I had literally no idea what was going on.

Really? We weren't told a thing, or at least my class wasn't. First I heard about it was when I was walking out to meet my mum at her car and a friend from the year above told me, didn't fully grasp what had happened until I got home.

We had Super Ted, you guys remember Super Ted and Spotty?

Super Ted was boss.

kharma45

fun-house-pat-sharp.jpg

FYI everyone Pat Sharp is a dirty old man now, told the most awkward story when he was DJing here one night. Could've cut the tension with a knife

Wilbur

Banned
Oh god I'm starting to get super nostalgic.

I might have to roll out my old Pingu and Little Bear videos before I get too depressed.

Netflix bro

Fintan

Really? We weren't told a thing, or at least my class wasn't. First I heard about it was when I was walking out to meet my mum at her car and a friend from the year above told me, didn't fully grasp what had happened until I got home.

Yeah, I didn't find out until my mum told me in the supermarket. I was 7 at the time so looking back on it, I probably didn't even understand fully. The 7/7 attacks are clearer in my mind.

Clegg

I remember coming home from school as a kid and watching this show.

I know it dates back to 1970 but they've been showing it for years on BBC and it was fucking brilliant.

clangers.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
I remember Superted! We always used to watch Wacky Races and Catch The Pigeon as well.

And Father Ted. We watched that from a very young age. I think my dad made us watch it so we'd hate Ireland.

Yessss.

I remember watching a show which used to show you how to write. Some floaty pencil and a black board and letters. What show was that...

Up down and around and up down and around etc etc

Think it was part of finger mouse

As for 9/11 seeing as I brought it up I was on and induction day for work in Birmingham and all the trains got delayed for some reason, there was really a sense of fear around as nobody knew what was next as the news came through I was on the phone to my mum and relaying the info to people on the train

kharma45

Whole lot of fun, prizes to be won.

Jesus, I remember them all.

I remember thinking if I was ever on the show I'd have been fucking ragin' if I was the person who'd only get to do one lap on the go-kart at the end.

Whole lot of fun, prizes to be won.

Jesus, I remember them all.

Edit: Dirty old man? He probably knobbed the twins.

Pretty much what he alluded too. Told us of how most people watching the show would've had their first wank over them, but he actually wanked over them. So awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom