• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to leave for the dortmund game. First match I will be attending since last year's match against Hertha BSC. Of course, we lost that one (and it was our only defeat at home in the entire season!). And what's even worse: I'm not hyped at all, I feel neither anticipation nor tension :/ I hope the team feels completely different! :)

Nice. We shall prevail (I hope) :)
61rwJ.gif

Is Enrique injured or has Rogers realised he's a bit shit?

Enrique likes to pull a sickie if he's not happy. Is it the 'hamstring'? He's a good defender, but he's not the greatest on the ball (despite what media believe). Sure I said all of this before you guys even signed him.

yella

Welp, my FF is screwed this week... subbed back in Ivanovic and Hazard, but didn't confirm... so it didn't register.

And I worked my way up to 20th position to ;_;

bud23

Is Enrique injured or has Rogers realised he's a bit shit?

He has a knee injury but I´m not sure if that´s the reason.
Anyways given that he didn´t play in the first week, and only 25 minutes in the second week,
I vote for the latter.

Arnie

Enrique likes to pull a sickie if he's not happy. Is it the 'hamstring'? He's a good defender, but he's not the greatest on the ball (despite what media believe). Sure I said all of this before you guys even signed him.

It's a knee injury, keeps flaring up randomly and swelling.

Considering true width in the fullback position is what Rodgers needs, I find the notion that Rodgers has just dropped him to be utterly flawed. Whenever he's been on the pitch, as opposed to Johnson and Kelly, we've looked far more fluid on the wings. He certainly isn't the greatest defender, but he's not bad at all.

Johnson is out...

Good.

O'Neill was talking around him during his conference, so I had an inkling.

AS is reporting that Özil wants to go back to Germany and Bayern and Dortmund are ready to buy him.

lol what, I thought the crazy transfer window bullshit was over.

It's a knee injury, keeps flaring up randomly and swelling.

Considering true width in the fullback position is what Rodgers needs, I find the notion that Rodgers has just dropped him to be utterly flawed. Whenever he's been on the pitch, as opposed to Johnson and Kelly, we've looked far more fluid on the wings. He certainly isn't the greatest defender, but he's not bad at all.

6 months of his last season with us was good, but then you could tell he couldn't be arsed and started to do more stupid and over elaborate Matador stuff around his own penalty box (GOAL LINE). Think he realises he'll never be in the Spanish set up now.

Bumhead

Banned
Just reflecting on last night. Getting your first defeat since February, then having to wait 2 weeks to try and put that right, then getting humped 3-0 when you get that chance, makes for a pretty dire fortnight. International break did nothing for us.

I suspect Brighton will be playing in the Premier League next season, or within the next 2 at most. Very upwardly mobile club. There will be better teams than us who will go down there and get a drubbing this season.

Clegg

:lol

Would probably (definitely) still have happened if Genia were still in.

Australia just look bad all over. They butchered two tries in the first half and they've slipped off tackles when Argentina have ran at them.

Robbie Deans isn't doing his job as a coach. And just as I say this Australia score. Still losing 13-19 though.

AS is reporting that Özil wants to go back to Germany and Bayern and Dortmund are ready to buy him.

lol what, I thought the crazy transfer window bullshit was over.

No way he's gonna fit our system/mentality/wage structure - disregarding the fact that it's a crazy effing rumor, lol

Just reflecting on last night. Getting your first defeat since February, then having to wait 2 weeks to try and put that right, then getting humped 3-0 when you get that chance, makes for a pretty dire fortnight. International break did nothing for us.

I suspect Brighton will be playing in the Premier League next season, or within the next 2 at most. Very upwardly mobile club. There will be better teams than us who will go down there and get a drubbing this season.

They've looked a good team for 2-3 years now. Building up a good style and understanding as a team. Used to despise Poyet when he played as he'd always score against us, but seems to be a really good manager.

West Ham team for the game at Norwich;

Jaaskelainen, Demel, Collins, Reid, O'Brien, Noble, Diame, Nolan, Vaz Te, Taylor, Cole

Subs: Henderson, McCartney, Tomkins, Benayoun, Diarra, Jarvis, Maiga

Pretty much unchanged from Fulham, and the bench is really strong with the returns of McCartney & Jarvis, and new (old) boy Yossi. O'Brien did well filling in as LB last game, glad to see him stay in the squad for this one. Hope Cole grabs a few, he needs to get his confidence back, if not, Vaz Te looked like a proper threat last game, if only he could keep his shots on target. COYI!!!

Arnie

Just got Rafa's new book and got it signed by him, successful day already.
Jealous. I need to buy it, and I will eventually.
6 months of his last season with us was good, but then you could tell he couldn't be arsed and started to do more stupid and over elaborate Matador stuff around his own penalty box (GOAL LINE). Think he realises he'll never be in the Spanish set up now.

Similar for us, 6 good months and then he slipped, and lost his focus.

Robinson's our long term solution anyway, brilliant young talent. Scored again for the reserves last night.

No way he's gonna fit our system/mentality/wage structure - disregarding the fact that it's a crazy effing rumor, lol

I'd be interesting to see if Klopp could get Özil to be constantly good because Mourinho couldn't even achieve that. But yeah, not gonna happen. Nor will he go to Bayern, that's almost as crazy. Robben, Ribery, Müller, Kroos, Shaqiri and Özil. That's five good players for 3 spots and Toni Kroos. Well, okay, sounds like something Bayern could do if they don't win anything again lol

fuenf

I'd be interesting to see if Klopp could get Özil to be constantly good because Mourinho couldn't even achieve that. But yeah, not gonna happen. Nor will he go to Bayern, that's almost as crazy. Robben, Ribery, Müller, Kroos, Shaqiri and Özil. That's five good players for 3 spots and Toni Kroos. How do you even think of that stuff lol

But he's young and german. Bayern would "save" him from the big bad spanish club and BILD would love it, a transfer should make perfect sense in Hoeneß' mind.

But yeah realistically he doesnt fit, and Bayern didnt want to buy him for 15m before. I'm just wary after Hoeneß admitted that he simply watched the Crotia - Spain match at the Euros, was impressed by Mandzukic and decided to sign him (it was a good transfer, though).

spidye

I'd be interesting to see if Klopp could get Özil to be constantly good because Mourinho couldn't even achieve that. But yeah, not gonna happen. Nor will he go to Bayern, that's almost as crazy. Robben, Ribery, Müller, Kroos, Shaqiri and Özil. That's five good players for 3 spots and Toni Kroos. Well, okay, sounds like something Bayern could do if they don't win anything again lol

no thanks. he should stay in madrid.

dc89

They would be overshadowed by the battering Stoke are going to hand your boys.

:(

i read your post in the voice of your cat avatar.

Must be a psychological condition

That sounds fun. Will you take photos of it?

Oh course!

I went to Silverstone a few years back for the F1 I think Mika Hakkinen won, my god was it boring you'd see a pack of cars every minute and a half for about two seconds I'll never go to another race. And I got sun stroke, worst £90 I've ever spent.

Haha. Well this has cost £15 and we have free reign of the course.

Been in and around the pits. Also been in the new Wing building thingy. This is nice because you can walk around and see what you want

Dc lets be friends

Assuming your dad has a ferrari

J/k, lets not be friends

J/k, lets be friends

My dad doesn't own a Ferrari. :(. The next door neighbor did though but he sold it and bought a Noble :/

But he's young and german. Bayern would "save" him from the big bad spanish club and BILD would love it, a transfer should make perfect sense in Hoeneß' mind.

But yeah realistically he doesnt fit, and Bayern didnt want to buy him for 15m before. I'm just wary after Hoeneß admitted that he simply watched the Crotia - Spain match at the Euros, was impressed by Mandzukic and decided to sign him (it was a good transfer, though).

That really is the best Bayern story ever. Do you still have a German article about it? It was perfect.

It was something like "Then I went to Kalle and said "What about Mandzukic" and he was like "hmm". And then I went to Jupp and he said "okay". And then we bought him." if I remember it right. So fucking hilarious.

Choc

Banned
you guys seen this?

'Ahead of the Queens Park Rangers v Chelsea match at Loftus Road on Saturday, the Premier League has made the following statement:
"There has been dialogue between the Premier League, Queens Park Rangers and Chelsea in relation to tomorrow's match between the two clubs.
"All parties understand and acknowledge that the pre-match handshake will go ahead as part of the normal pre-match activity.'

dc89

"Just seen three Man City fans walking out of Stoke station carrying a "Justice for the 96' banner #respect"

A random Tweet on my timeline. Nice gesture.

fuenf

That really is the best Bayern story ever. Do you still have a German article about it? It was perfect.

It was something like "Then I went to Kalle and said "What about Mandzukic" and he was like "hmm". And then I went to Jupp and he said "okay". And then we bought him." if I remember it right. So fucking hilarious.

Yeah, it was hilarious. In retrospect, Magath's "i heard some familiar voices on the phone" comment –after Bayern's interest became public– was the icing on the cake.

Great example of Bundesliga's last two transfer 'geniuses' working overtime! :)

Yen

you guys seen this?

'Ahead of the Queens Park Rangers v Chelsea match at Loftus Road on Saturday, the Premier League has made the following statement:
"There has been dialogue between the Premier League, Queens Park Rangers and Chelsea in relation to tomorrow's match between the two clubs.
"All parties understand and acknowledge that the pre-match handshake will go ahead as part of the normal pre-match activity.'

Terry might not be playing, "injury."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom