• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderson

Things are going too well for us atm, so reckon it'll be a draw between us and montpellier

On a side note, just completed sleeping dogs, fantastic game and actually enjoyed all the side missions. Recommend buying or at least renting it

I tend not to get offended by things that are clearly said just to offend, so I ignore it. Obviously not nice though, but I doubt there'll be a day when every United fan and every Liverpool fan behave themselves.

Its not just the chants though. It starts with a twat or two making Munich chants. Then a volley of Hillsborough chants. Next thing you know, hundreds of people are at it, and relations between the clubs are even more strained than they were at the start of the day.

People doing Munich gestures should be banned for life like that knobend was for doing the monkey gestures

Splatt

You're telling me I shouldn't start Bendtner?

img_606X341_0908-italy-antonio-conte-inter-match-fixing-scandal.jpg

deroli

OMG Champions League HYPE! Will watch Dortmund's game with a bunch of friends in a bar. My prediction (hope): An ugly 1:0. Don't care who scores. We have to play better than last season, that's for sure.

Auf gehts Dortmund kämpfen und siegen!

Hindle

Banned
It's shocking to think that the likes of Dortmund, City, or Madrid could go out at the group stages. I'm fully certain Ajax are doomed hence no mention.

It's shocking to think that the likes of Dortmund, City, or Madrid could go out at the group stages. I'm fully certain Ajax are doomed hence no mention.

Well two of them did it last season as well. As good as they are, Dortmund have very little CL experience, and City have a manager with a notoriously poor record in the CL

Dortmund
City
Ajax
Madrid

pls :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The fantasy league site keeps crashing on me :/

-

Di Matteo says that Juventus will be "determined to sit back".

Lol?

dc89

The fantasy league site keeps crashing on me :/

-

Di Matteo says that Juventus will be "determined to sit back".

Lol?

TC is rooting for Juve tonight. I've not seen his Juve shirt in person yet but it looks pretty cool.

Not sure who he got on the back... Hmm.. Marchisio maybe.

Arsenal: Mannone - Jenks - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs - Arteta - Diaby - Cazorla - Podolski - Gervinho - Giroud

Arsenal subs: Shea - Koscielny - Santos - Ramsey - Walcott - Oxlade-Chamberlain - Coquelin

Not a bad lineup, we should do fine.

Arsenal: Mannone - Jenks - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs - Arteta - Diaby - Cazorla - Podolski - Gervinho - Giroud

Arsenal subs: Shea - Koscielny - Santos - Ramsey - Walcott - Oxlade-Chamberlain - Coquelin

Not a bad lineup, we should do fine.

Expecting Gervinho, Podolski and Giroud to do well.

LegoArmo

I really like Arsenal's team from midfield forward, seems to have a good balance.

The defence itself is doing well this season too, which could be huge.

jtb

Banned
really liking this Arsenal starting lineup. Good to see some continuity, with the occasional tweak, and a reasonably strong bench with lots of different options to choose from.

dc89

Women, kids, teenagers, all treated like scum. So out of order. Am so upset.

The bar was so busy people were standing on the street outside. All innocent and friendly. No warning, no one asking us to move

Natalie Pike (works for City) tweeted that and I got a bad feeling.

Never seen anything like that in my life! Absolutely appalling! Spanish police just battered City fans for no reason at all an we saw it all

Danny Jackson (works for City) followed it up with that. WTF has happened in Madrid?

Natalie again:

The police just got there batons out and moved people along by smacking them.

SMFH if true.

dc89

Lescott dropped, Nastasic starts. Aguero on the bench, all things I am hearing!

Edit: beaten by seconds. Don't you guys know I do the reporting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom