• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

The decision to sack Kean isn't questionable.

The decisions that have seen Blackburn throw money at wages and sanction big money signings on young, goalscoring strikers, then sack the manager, AFTER they've been relegated from the top flight, rather than doing those things when they should have done and while they had a chance to stay in it, is definitely bizarre.
That's true.

Sounds too nuanced an opinion though. After this long and with so many reasons to do so, the news of Kean being sacked should be met with unanimous ecstasy from everyone involved in football, in my opinion.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Well, is more obvious in some teams but the difference in quality is becoming closer and closer. Remember they just starter their league like 20 years ago?

you mean reinvested in a new league. they had a league before MLS tho just not as properly advertised to interested parties like MLS.

K1LLER7

You wouldn't have SAF though. Unless you get Mourinho you're going to be screwed :
Fergie will leave a team behind for the new manager. He won't be as good as Fergie but I'm looking forward to seeing if there's a change in the style of play at United. I'm all for a change, because I personally feel we don't play exciting football like we did in the past. It's been on the decline since Ronaldo left. Having an invisible midfield and inability to play without having to eventually hoof the ball if the wingers aren't on there game is boring to watch at times. Looking at how the games changing, Unless we buy midfielders, this team won't be successful in Europe and will struggle against top teams in the PL.

Lol Ljunberg swearing on BBC.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
It's not yearly but it clashes with World Cup 2004 so they brought it forward a year, I think. It clashes with something.

420-back_to_the_future-420x0.jpg

Tawpgun

Soccer needs to get its shit together and grow up. For such a huge and influential game you would think they would introduce more technology to prevent ref fuck ups.

I still want the ref in the game, but I think any play that results in a red card or penalty shot needs to be put under review. Maybe free kicks a certain distance from the goal.

After watching Liverpool v Man U and then watching some NFL games you really appreciate the level of precision that goes into NFL reffing.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Soccer needs to get its shit together and grow up. For such a huge and influential game you would think they would introduce more technology to prevent ref fuck ups.

I still want the ref in the game, but I think any play that results in a red card or penalty shot needs to be put under review. Maybe free kicks a certain distance from the goal.

After watching Liverpool v Man U and then watching some NFL games you really appreciate the level of precision that goes into NFL reffing.

That's bullshit you can't even see every angle on every play and there's garbage calls that favor the rich and most popular teams.

BradyTuck_display_image.jpg

c'mon son

elsk

Banned
I don't like technology on my football, thanks. Goal line is the only thing it would be ok to implement, but that's it.

MPW

Not sure but he was at Rovers last season

Absolute top bloke with a nice wife as well (she helped me pick perfume for my wife at Mumbai airport lol) we were talking to Michel in the hotel restaurant in India and one of our group asked him if he knew where was good to eat in Valencia, a bit later he came back with a list of places as he'd took his time to ring a friend there and get recommendations as his were dated

what a legend

gje5yutr.jpg

Tawpgun

That's bullshit you can't even see every angle on every play and there's garbage calls that favor the rich and most popular teams.

BradyTuck_display_image.jpg

c'mon son

Of course there's angles they can't see, and not every play is challenged and reviewed. But the NFL Challenge Flag system is great, and how they review every touchdown. But you can't even compare the two. The frequency of shitty calls in soccer is much higher than in the NFL. I'm only asking for reviews of red cards and penalty kicks. Because...

What actually happened in the Man U vs. Liverpool game? I fell asleep.

Liverpool got red carded wrongly (in refs defense it probably looked unclear from his angle, but the replay clearly showed the liverpool player hitting the ball first.)

Then, when it was still 1-1, Van Persie took a dive that resulted in a penalty kick goal.

ATF487

c'mon son

Lol the Pats were neither of those things during that game. Fitting it was the last game at old shitty Foxboro stadium though

Soi-Fong

Of course there's angles they can't see, and not every play is challenged and reviewed. But the NFL Challenge Flag system is great, and how they review every touchdown. But you can't even compare the two. The frequency of shitty calls in soccer is much higher than in the NFL. I'm only asking for reviews of red cards and penalty kicks. Because...

Liverpool got red carded wrongly (in refs defense it probably looked unclear from his angle, but the replay clearly showed the liverpool player hitting the ball first.)

Then, when it was still 1-1, Van Persie took a dive that resulted in a penalty kick goal.

Well, that goes to show something... Were you watching the game? Van Persie wasn't even involved in that play. It was Valencia that broke free and dived or fouled in the penalty box by Johnson who was coming in from behind..

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Did you watch the monday night football game last week? The first half took over 2 hours because of the interruptions.

I'm a Falcons fan I watched the whole game.

-I do agree with some kind of video replay on penalty kicks but I doubt they will ever do it in the European leagues.

It's like baseball with the umpires

-Edit: BAWSTON ATF, big city. Atlanta gets fucked up the glory hole in all major sports but I'm used to it :(

Sloosha

Did you watch the monday night football game last week? The first half took over 2 hours because of the interruptions.

I'm a Falcons fan I watched the whole game.

-I do agree with some kind of video replay on penalty kicks but I doubt they will ever do it in the European leagues.

It's like baseball with the umpires

-Edit: BAWSTON ATF, big city. Atlanta gets fucked up the glory hole in all major sports but I'm used to it :(

Wasn't that in part due to the replacement officials though.

FootballFan

Well he did have his eyes on the ball and got it.

untitled-3f2j8j.gif

Good work with the GIFs Wooden. (And your Be A Legend Wilbury cracked me up haha)

Also wtf is happening, all that drama with dc257. Feels like a soap opera almost lol.

Massive Fady Post.

Yeah very 'sucky' way to lose for Liverpool, they have been playing really well but can't seem to score, I think they are certainly unlucky to only have 2 points from 5 games. Things will surely turn around.

I feel like someone is implying I am a plastic Barca fan.

Nah Soi-Fong just doesn't like Barca, very easy to tell. You can smell the hate through the computer screen. Mention Barca and if he replies it will be something negative. I've noticed but chose to ignore. Unfortunate considering he seems pretty nice outside of the Barca talk.

dat barca hate

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_biscuitsshakey.gif

tears.jpg

2dlmJ.png

ATF487

Eh I guess, but I thought it'd be a home field advantage call, if anything. The Pats weren't quite a joke at that point but they were still far from the team people despise today

Still rooted for you guys in the super bowl though, loved the dirty bird as a kid

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Eh I guess, but I thought it'd be a home field advantage call, if anything. The Pats weren't quite a joke at that point but they were still far from the team people despise today

Still rooted for you guys in the super bowl though, loved the dirty bird as a kid

I'll take this as an opportunity to post this glorious gif:

Julio-Jones-GIF1.gif

FootballFan said:
Is LunchBox the same in the NFL thread? :lol

Worse if that's possible since there are trolls of that calibre in there too. I think he is gold. He also trolls ps3 and vita, so good.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The night game is about to start so I will be migrating completely to that thread for the evening.

Sweet dreams

I'll see you guys when you wake up, that's around when I get off of work

lol

K1LLER7

Never watched NFL but I'm guessing it's like rugby but you can pass forwards.

Wanted to watch the Super Bowl but missed it this year.

Kyoufu

Never watched NFL but I'm guessing it's like rugby but you can pass forwards.

Wanted to watch the Super Bowl but missed it this year.

Honestly I only enjoyed American Football in Friday Night Lights. I checked out some NFL games (including SuperBowl) and reeeeeally hated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom