• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

I mean .. who doesn't?

lamp.jpg

dc89

A month and a half I think.

Eight months since Silva has been good though.

Wasn't that great at the Euros either.

I think it was 3 months actually and it took a penalty for him to score. My point is, every player who goes through a dip comes out on the other side.

If Silva was just a one season wonder, City wouldn't have wanted him on a new 5 year deal.

Zabojnik

Regarding disqualification. I am very pessimistic, especially after the poisoned meatball also known as "plea bargaining".

Eh, I think something has to happen. They'll never lift the ban for obvious reasons, but still. Take the whole Mastronunzio fuckup, for example.

Clegg

I think it was 3 months actually and it took a penalty for him to score. My point is, every player who goes through a dip comes out on the other side.

If Silva was just a one season wonder, City wouldn't have wanted him on a new 5 year deal.

Last season Rooney went one month without scoring a goal on two separate occasions. So I don't know where you're getting three months from. And If you're talking about the season before last he went two months without scoring in a season where he was dropped and injured rather frequently.

And I never said Silva was a one season wonder. In fact, I said he's had two great seasons but has been bad for eight months. He hasn't played well in quite a while is what I'm saying.

QPR remind me of rummaging through the Data Editor on Football Manager, and starting up a New File with high expectations to only then be baffled by consistent poor results

flyover

QPR remind me of rummaging through the Data Editor on Football Manager, and starting up a New File with high expectations to only then be baffled by consistent poor results

So true. I admit, I am enjoying their struggles. It doesn't make sense that they should be this bad, and teams that under-perform or over-perform are the most fun to watch. Unfortunately, they'll probably dig/buy their way out of the relegation zone before season's end.

dc89

Last season Rooney went one month without scoring a goal on two separate occasions. So I don't know where you're getting three months from. And If you're talking about the season before last he went two months without scoring in a season where he was dropped and injured rather frequently.

And I never said Silva was a one season wonder. In fact, I said he's had two great seasons but has been bad for eight months. He hasn't played well in quite a while is what I'm saying.

It wasn't that long ago in the grand scheme of things. I remember it quite well, couldn't hit a barn door for months then scored a penalty against Rangers.

WAYNE ROONEY!

:lol

I'm stealing this line from a comedian (can't remember which one), but I award myself a point if I understand the question.

I'm going to start doing this.

I remember when Rooney sucked for like a year. It started when Mario Gomez injured him haha

Yeah, you remember it. United fans forget things which are inconvenient for them.

It wasn't that long ago in the grand scheme of things. I remember it quite well, couldn't hit a barn door for months then scored a penalty against Rangers.

Yeah, you remember it. United fans forget things which are inconvenient for them.
His last goal before the one against Rangers was actually 6 weeks prior, and he missed a few games/was benched in the meantime with injury problems and because of behind the scenes stuff obv.

Doesn't change the fact he was rubbish for the first few months of that season, but he didn't go 3 months without scoring. In that spell he went 5 matches not scoring for United and he didn't even start 2 of those games.

It never ceases to amaze me how players who have been booked, often recently, go into silly challenges. It's as if they've forgotten they were booked

lol on a team with valencia and nani. Fergie is awesome
Valencia isn't really a diver though. I mean he has dived before, yes, pretty much every single player has dived.

But it seems he's now branded as a serial diver. At United i'd say he is one of the less frequent divers. There's like 15 names you could mention ahead of him.

Obv. Frogson is chatting bollocks. For a change.

Edit - And FWIW. He doesn't say his own players DON'T dive. He said foreigners are usually more often involved in diving. So Nani and Valencia indeed.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Valencia isn't really a diver though. I mean he has dived before, yes, pretty much every single player has dived.

But it seems he's now branded as a serial diver. At United i'd say he is one of the less frequent divers. There's like 15 names you could mention ahead of him.

Obv. Frogson is chatting bollocks. For a change.

I like Valencia a lot I'm just joking I wish he would do the right thing and play for Colombia instead of those loses from Ecuador.

They beat us in the summer in qualifiers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom