• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not have irrational hate here. There are some interesting international matches in this break. Russia-Portugal and Argentina-Uruguay tomorrow. Spain-France on Tuesday should be good too.

Edit: Just looked, there's actually quite a few good international matches during this break. Ireland-Germany, Italy-Denmark, Germany-Sweden... do or die matches in CONCACAF too.

Don't forget Serbia-Belgium tomorrow, time for the Golden Generation™ to deliver.

Messi

You know what imma keep the women avatars because fuck it. But no gifs ect. Maybe we can clean this place up a bit. Didnt know I had pissed some people off. So I am sorry for that.

I expect Serbia to win, lol. Tosic is gonna style on them.

Vince the Prince, Super Jan, Verminator and the Mig will easily take care of Tosic.

Shame Fellaini is injured, he would have elbowed the sucker to oblivion. Now he's going to score a hat trick. Oh well, we'll draw against Scotland at home at least. Maybe.

Soi-Fong

XComGame2012-10-1119-29-44-99.jpg

After the death of her husband, Robin van Persie, to the aliens, Bouchra van Persie decided to join XCOM to avenge her husband's death all the while getting a new hairdo.

Eh, figured Afer dark was a bit of fun but not at the expense of other peoples enjoyment of the topic.

Seriously, fuck 'em

Andres posts about his Ultimate Team
Arnie posts about his clothes
I post about my lunch for Christ's sake :p
A load of us post about our bets

Most of the Wilde gifs seem to be reactionary anyway, its not like you wade into a discussion, posts a load of gifs that have nothing to do with anything and leave.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Fuck your inarguable facts, and fuck you :p

Why is his Colombia record so bad Andres?

image004.jpg

This loser played 1980's style football. We got a new Argentine manager last february and he actually plays attacking football (suits our players) and Falcao has scored 2 goals and has at least 2 assists in the last 2 matches. South American qualifiers are spread out over like 3 years it's fucking torture.

The other guy played him up front by himself and so he wasnt really getting any help (think how Mou used to have Ronaldo up top by himself and then he turned into Sadnaldo at times). I mean look at Atletico Madrid's squad and also Porto's before that.

We're doing great now though, just 1 point behind Argentina for the top spot with a goal differential of +6

AndresON777

shooting blanks
International: Early years 2005-2010Falcao's national career was 'late' in terms of chances in playing for the national team due to injuries around important events. He represented the U-17 national team and the U-20. His first major national tournament was of the 2005 U-20 World Cup.

In the senior national team, Falcao's first goal came against Montenegro during the Kirin Cup held in Japan during 2007 at only 21 years of age while winning the match for Colombia 1-0. His second occurred later that year in a friendly vs Peru. Falcao didn't score his third goal till 2008 against the African side known as Nigeria in a 1-0 win.

Falcao's first World Cup Qualifying match goal occurred in 2009, against Peru, who were the first team he scored against for his national team. His last goal for 2009 was against Venezuela in a friendly that ended 2-1.

Falcao didn't score another goal for Colombia until the following year in 2011 during a friendly against Ecuador where his prime talents began to emerge during this era. Falcao scored against Ecuador again a few months later in another friendly where he scored the winning goal on both occasions.

[edit] Copa America 2011Falcao's first Copa America (he missed the 2007 edition due to injuries) was upon him. Falcao became a huge threatening factor as his reputation in Europe at this time made him a feared striker. Failing to score against Costa Rica and the host nation Argentina, Falcao stepped up scoring a double against Bolivia causing Colombia to top their group. Shocking and surprising the host continent Argentina who were favorites to win the group.

In the next round, Falcao made a mistake when taking a penalty kick against a weak Peru. Shooting widely, Falcao dashed Colombia's hopes of reaching the semi-finals, as Peru were able to score 2 goals in extra time due to various mistakes caused by Colombia. Falcao vowed to perfect his penalty kicks after causing his nation the loss.

[edit] 2014 World Cup CycleFalcao's first match in the 2014 world cup qualifiers started off with Bolivia in the hard to breathe stadium known as Estadio Hernando Siles. A bad reputation, Colombia has never managed to win a away game against Bolivia in this stadium in world cup qualifying history. Falcao was finally subbed in during the 80th minute. 2 Minutes after Bolivia manged to level the game 1-1. In just 10 minutes, Falcao scored a final extra time minute goal not only giving Colombia a good start in the qualifiers, but making them win their first victory in a WCQ away game against Bolivia.

Under new management of the national team led by Jose Pekerman, Falcao scored a rebound goal against Mexico in a friendly that ended 2-0.

Falcao's talents stunned the world as he managed to score against 2011 Copa America winners Uruguay in the 2nd minute to a eventual 4-0 home victory of the 2014 world cup qualifiers. In the same match, he assisted fellow country man Juan Camilo Zúñiga, sealing the 4-0 victory in the final minutes of extra time. Falcao days later shot a goal against Chile in a world shocking 3-1 away victory of a world cup qualifying. He also assisted Teófilo Gutiérrez once again, sealing a crucial victory for Colombia.

He is actually a bit injury prone and it doesnt help he plays like a psycho

-Chile hadn't lost at home in over 4 years iirc. Falcao scored the go ahead goal and then gave the assist for the 3rd

Plus, James Rodriguez is only 21 and he is a HUGE help. Jackson doesnt even start for us but I assume that will change soon

---he does suck at penalty kicks tho

Zabojnik

Dishonored is fabulous.

I'm about to start the last mission. :/ Dammit, it is kind of a short game. I really don't want it to end. It's been a while since I felt like this about a game. Gotta say I enjoyed it more than Deus Ex. Mostly because of the superior level design.

odd_morsel, where you at? Finished it already?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm about to start the last mission. :/ Dammit, it is kind of a short game. I really don't want it to end. It's been a while since I felt like this about a game. Gotta say I enjoyed it more than Deus Ex. Mostly because of the superior level design.

Really really liked Deus Ex, that's reassuring!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
http://www.auburntron.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/you_mad.jpg[IMG]

I wish Portugaf had a bigger presence here. I want to troll their cunty team before tomorrow's beat down.[/QUOTE]

there's a few of them but they are probably a lot more worried than you are. I only see them post when the portuguese league teams play tho

It sucked so bad for me because I remeber there were a couple of dudes from chile posting during the copa america thread last year but of i've never seen them post in the football thread

some people only watch international tournaments

Zabojnik

Really really liked Deus Ex, that's reassuring!

I did too, but some missions / parts of it more than others. And the boss fights were disappointing. Dishonored solves the problem by not having any, haha. Dunno, it just feels more consistent, partly because it's more condensed / shorter. If you liked Deus Ex, there's basically no way you're not going to enjoy this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom