• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

This is perfect!!!!

Too bad it won't be the new title.
iG7dOkQoP6lFz.png

Fair play to the Independent. Not pulling their punches because it's JT.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A31G4lACEAAwjQd.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]To be fair, anybody who's going to take the ruling of a joke outfit like the FA over a court of law purely for their own agenda has to be questioned.

Think of JT what you will, but everybody knows what the FA are like.

I'm currently inebriated and cranky. So I'm going to leave it at that.

Lightning

Banned
To be fair, anybody who's going to take the ruling of a joke outfit like the FA over a court of law purely for their own agenda has to be questioned.

Oh come on. After the Luis Suarez joke ban surely you didn't expect the FA to let JT go? This was on the cards ever since they stripped him of the captanicy of the national side

GorillaJu

Arnie, Viva; If you don't care about the price of Levi's then you should get a real pair. Levi's, as they are sold now, are made with non-rinspun cotton, the indigo is made with sulfur, they're piece-dyed and made on a projectile loom. They also have junk hardware.

If you want real Levi's you have to buy Japanese. There are many companies dedicated to preserving the quality and style of Levi's, from when they were made proper. They're made on a shuttle loom (slower loom, creates cleaner edges with red-lined seams), they're rope dyed with *real* pure indigo (the cotton is tied into ropes and dyed 20 or so times to get a nice deep color before its woven into denim on the loom), and the quality of cotton and materials will make them last a very, very long time. Also, unlike modern Levi's they'll actually look better as they age, since the color continues to develop a patina and doesn't just fade to a dull, lifeless cloth.

Denime, Pure Blue Japan, the Flat Head, Warehouse, 45rpm, Studio D'Artisan, Skull, Eternal, and many other companies make them. Levi's has a line called LVC (Levi's Vintage Collection) that is also of a high standard, as they use denim from Japan. I believe London Selfridges has some good jeans. Also http://aeroleatherclothing.com/products.php?cat=denim

Arnie, Viva; If you don't care about the price of Levi's then you should get a real pair. Levi's, as they are sold now, are made with non-rinspun cotton, the indigo is made with sulfur, they're piece-dyed and made on a projectile loom. They also have junk hardware.

If you want real Levi's you have to buy Japanese. There are many companies dedicated to preserving the quality and style of Levi's, from when they were made proper. They're made on a shuttle loom (slower loom, creates cleaner edges with red-lined seams), they're rope dyed with *real* pure indigo (the cotton is tied into ropes and dyed 20 or so times to get a nice deep color before its woven into denim on the loom), and the quality of cotton and materials will make them last a very, very long time. Also, unlike modern Levi's they'll actually look better as they age, since the color continues to develop a patina and doesn't just fade to a dull, lifeless cloth.

Denime, Pure Blue Japan, the Flat Head, Warehouse, 45rpm, Studio D'Artisan, Skull, Eternal, and many other companies make them. Levi's has a line called LVC (Levi's Vintage Collection) that is also of a high standard, as they use denim from Japan. I believe London Selfridges has some good jeans. Also http://aeroleatherclothing.com/products.php?cat=denim

That's the one thing I learned a few years back. I got Imperial denim made with Japanese materials using the Japanese method, and I got Dior MIJs. I always wanted to try out black Samurai denim, but I never bought them.

I remember these from like 4-6 years ago. They faded really well.

F3611121-0.jpg

GorillaJu

That's the one thing I learned a few years back. I got Imperial denim made with Japanese materials using the Japanese method, and I got Dior MIJs. I always wanted to try out black Samurai denim, but I never bought them.

I remember these from like 4-6 years ago. They faded really well.

F3611121-0.jpg

Those are awesome.

My very favorite jeans are 5EP, but the company pretty much dissolved after one of the two owners got really sick. They were expensive but the quality was bar-none. I've got a pair of 5 year old 5EPs that I wore nearly every day for almost 3 years.

I also have Japanese Diors (19cm), but unfortunately they just don't fade like Samurais or Denimes. I'm pretty sure the Diors don't actually use pure indigo, which is probably why the color doesn't sit on the surface of the fabric well enough to fade properly. They don't make good "project denim," sadly, despite the fact that they have the best fit of any modern jeans.

Did you read SF/Sufu (back before they both went to shit), by any chance?

My Diors have faded pretty well. They fucked up my visvim shoes a few years back because the indigo got all over the white quilt pattern.

Yep, I used to lurk Superfuture back in 06-08. It turned me towards Japanese fashion at the time. I would probably recognize a lot of posters if I seen pictures of them right now (what are you wearing threads on supertrash). They were pretty funny.

Salazar

To be fair, anybody who's going to take the ruling of a joke outfit like the FA over a court of law purely for their own agenda has to be questioned.

A court is a social and moral instrument as much as an epistemological one. Its rulings don't automatically have a stronger truth-claim than even a joke outfit like the FA.

Fuck denim, btw.

Dear Santa,

I have not had a penalty in a while, please can I have one against my next opposition. It would really help me out, as I'm currently in sticky situation.

Faithfully,

Troubled Manager

PS. We'll probably miss the first one anyway, so could we have a second one too.
PPS. I should be on the 'Nice' list this year as I'm such a lovable guy and I manager the most righteous of Football Teams.

Lord Snow

Banned

In fairness, didn't even the chief magistrate in the court case say Terry's version of events was highly unlikely?

Edit: Yes he did.

neoanarch

For a second I thought I was in the crazy (jeans thread) part of gaf.

Mexican Cup

Ok its a league cup, only the first and second divisions and we had a group stage. But every single 1stt division side is out of the cup. Amazing.

dc89

The Times have a article which shows United been without 50 players for 6 weeks or more through injury over past 3 full seasons.
Sadly you have to pay to read The Times online but there you have it.

Someone light the doicare signal, we need him here now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^The hell at the first two! :p What's wrong with jeans!

I think we may see Marrone make his first appearance, as a CB, with Bonucci resting. And probably Pogba from the 1st minute again. Or maybe not. I don't see Conte excluding both our playmakers (Pirlo and Bonucci, that is), but then again, Marrone has proven to be a solid replacement for Bonny. A Marrone-Pogba defensive partnership down the middle seems a bit of a risky move against Roma to me, but as I've said before - if it means a stellar performance with out starting XI against Shakthar, I'm alright with it.

Also, I would definitely play Giaccherini. He did great against the Giallorossi last season.

I don't want to see Giaccherini in the middle again, it's TOO risky. Unless it was against a minnow with no ball winners. It's such a waste to use fucking ASAMOAH in wingback duty with him in the middle, I still can't get over this.
5dDAZ.gif

Marrone is solid, or rather, I don't mind seeing Bonucci on the bench.

^The hell at the first two! :p What's wrong with jeans!

I don't want to see Giaccherini in the middle again, it's TOO risky. Unless it was against a minnow with no ball winners. It's such a waste to use fucking ASAMOAH in wingback duty with him in the middle, I still can't get over this.
5dDAZ.gif

Marrone is solid, or rather, I don't mind seeing Bonucci on the bench.

Jeans are great. Discussions about jeans are not

I should have added car people as well

Congrats choodi, you called him/her Rowan, right?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Congrats choodi :D
-

Marco Verratti: "A move to Juventus was almost done & dusted in June. But Juve spoke to me about the future. PSG spoke about the present."

Who's this guy again?

Does anyone else find themselves in a cycle of forgetfulness and inquistiveness regarding newborn baby weights? I'm forever askign my Mum how much my nephew weighed when he was born, and forgetting it after literally a couple of minutes. I don't have a clue how much things weigh in general relative to any constant and accurate scale

Zabojnik

Congrats choodi :D
-

Marco Verratti: "A move to Juventus was almost done & dusted in June. But Juve spoke to me about the future. PSG spoke about the present."

Who's this guy again?

The perfect Pirlo replacement. :( Spoken like a true White Pogba too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Forgetful people.
Baby weight people.
Short-sighted present people.

People I don't want to converse with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom